Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anustart89

Bailly is a 25m player we're having to sell for a massive discount because of the crazy wages Woody gave him, so frustrating.
No way should Bailly be a 25m player. We signed him for 30m six years ago as an up and coming 22 year old. In the six years since he’s joined he’s never been an automatic starter, and has been unavailable for selection almost as much as he’s been available, plus he’s now at an age where he would expected to be entering his prime. How do you reckon his value hasn’t plummeted from when we bought him? Not to mention a post-covid economy and transfer market.

Judas

Open to offers
Bailly is definitely one of our better fringe players. If he could stay fit he'll be a great asset for any team.
But he can’t. He won’t, and he’s never been able to. It’s just a totally pointless thought at this point. How he’s survived at this club for so long is woeful management.

sparx99

Bailly is a 25m player we're having to sell for a massive discount because of the crazy wages Woody gave him, so frustrating.
He’s only on around £80k a week. It’s his injury record that has reduced his value.

ShinjiNinja26

Positive vibes :nervous:
Can’t say he’s wrong. The club have dealt ETH a shitty hand and he’s only in the door. Looks like he’s going to have to coach the shit out of this squad to have any sort of success this season. We’re going to find out if a turd really can be polished.

lysglimt

Scout
I don't think the games played per season should be used to evaluate player's injury-proneness. Instead, it should be games available for. Sure Bailey is injury prone due to how he plays, however he has obviously been available for a lot more games than he's played, the managers just happen to favour the other players.
Well - yes, but how about this then:

He has been injured in 103 games - if you add that he probably hasn't been matchfit right away after some of these injuries - you could probably easily state that he has missed 115-120 games in 6 years. And maybe United on average have played 50 games a season so he has missed 120 out of 300 games through injuries or lacking match-fitness.

Suv666

Fuming
If ETH fails to succeed where do we go from there? Feels like this our last shot to bring back the glory days and the lack of urgency is shocking. GW1 is upon us and still our signings haven't been sorted.

Its like the club doesn't want to succeed.

Tiber

Very much agree. We signed a 30 year old free transfer, a young rotational LB and a CB. That sure as hell wasn't closing the gap to City even before they signed Haaland

mobmob

Although Sam Pilger is correct in everything he says, is anyone actually worried about Brighton and Brentford? Even with the few additions we should be able to breeze past these two and that gives us an extra few weeks to get people in!

AaronRedDevil

Fuming
If ETH fails to succeed where do we go from there? Feels like this our last shot to bring back the glory days and the lack of urgency is shocking. GW1 is upon us and still our signings haven't been sorted.

We just spent a stupid amount of time on de jong. Even an idiot could see he was never going to leave.

M4YON

The Manchester Evening News understands United have agreed an overall fee of €85million (£71.5m) for De Jong but the midfielder's wage deferral continues to prevent a transfer from being finalised.
Sources familiar with negotiations say there is bafflement at United that they have been portrayed as the dysfunctional club in the ordeal when the "messy situation" between De Jong and Barcelona is the source of the hold-up.
Important bits.

Woodzy

Although Sam Pilger is correct in everything he says, is anyone actually worried about Brighton and Brentford? Even with the few additions we should be able to breeze past these two and that gives us an extra few weeks to get people in!
People just like moaning, they would rather we signed trash just so that we could say we had new players.

We can’t compete for the top players at the moment either way, and the manager has said that he wants the right players for the positions he needs to fill (so that maybe in 3 years time we don’t have to moan about those players going out on loan and no one wanting to buy them!).

We definitely need more players, and better players, but let’s save our moaning for the end of the window shall we and just try and get through next few weeks without a meltdown

James35

I’m worried about anyone we face. Our midfield gets out done by nearly every team we have faced for years now. The fact it is weaker than ever doesn’t bode well at all.

I just hope ETH can work some miracles this season as we will need some with this squad.

Maybe the next few weeks will show some quality additions coming in but I’m not holding my breath.

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
Even when we beat Brighton you lot will still moan, maybe because I also support Feyenoord, that’s why I’m humble enough to not moan about everything but you guys are overly negative. What’s the point of being a fan if you can’t be optimistic about anything. New season is starting to and you should be excited for that at the very least. We have a great new manger and 3 solid signings to add to some talented players, yea we need more but we aren’t worse than last year and with EtH will be better so stop the doom and gloom. Be optimistic at least, just try.

Kostov

"Sources familiar with negotiations say there is bafflement at United that they have been portrayed as the dysfunctional club in the ordeal when the "messy situation" between De Jong and Barcelona is the source of the hold-up."

Important bits.
How delusional you need to be to brief this kind of nonsense? Who cares about the messy situation in Barcelona. How about someone takes care of the mess in our own yard?

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Fuming

relax man -- it wont always be like this.
It may very well get worse#

And look on the bright side - we still have Rashford who definitely wont disappoint anyone this year

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
It's certainly not being optimistic about being shit.
So being pessimistic gives you what exactly? What do you enjoy about being pessimistic about everything relating to this club? I use football as an escape not a something to cause me more stress and keep me in a negative mindset so regardless I have to be optimistic, I can criticize the players and the team but a still not be negative, we all want the best for the team and we know we aren’t where we want to be but damn calm down with the toxic negativity about every little thing.

Mihai

How delusional you need to be to brief this kind of nonsense? Who cares about the messy situation in Barcelona. How about someone takes care of the mess in our own yard?
It's like those people who blame everything and everyone except themselves for their faults.

Suv666

We just spent a stupid amount of time on de jong. Even an idiot could see he was never going to leave.
I don't mind waiting for FDJ but why haven't we sorted out RW and ST is the bigger mystery to me.
We got a 37 year old who wants to feck off, a fragile frenchmen who has had one good season in a decade even Seville thought he wasn't good enough and Rashford who hasn't played as a 9 for years.

Blood Mage

Fuming

It's the price we pay for constantly making internal appointments because of the rampant cronyism at the club, rather than bringing in experienced football men to oversee recruitment. Ten Hag has got no chance of succeeding here under the Glazers, no manager has.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
They say we're young and we don't know
We won't find out until we grow

Well I don't know if all that's true
'Cause you got me, and baby I got you
Its a sign... heard it a few minutes ago....

Morning, it's another pure grey morning
Don't know what the day is holding
When I get uptight
And I walk right into the path of a lightning bolt

Sirens of an ambulance comes howling
Right through the center of town and
No one blinks an eye
And I look up to the sky for the path of a lighting bolt

⚡= Frenkie Friday

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Do you suggest we buy anyone for the sake of buying? The player needs to be right and a better solution than we already have in the squad for the system, and be available. Good luck scouring the market for such players.

Kostov

It's like those people who blame everything and everyone except themselves for their faults.
Exactly. It's August the 5th, no reinforcements on any of the most crucial needs we have and there is "bafflement" on how they are portrayed. :lol:

You can't make this shit up.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
It's the price we pay for constantly making internal appointments because of the rampant cronyism at the club, rather than bringing in experienced football men to oversee recruitment. Ten Hag has got no chance of succeeding here under the Glazers, no manager has.
I clearly remember a manager called Alex Ferguson doing alright a few years back.

TheReligion

Abusive
Exactly. It's August the 5th, no reinforcements on any of the most crucial needs we have and there is "bafflement" on how they are portrayed. :lol:

You can't make this shit up.
Read what’s written

Baffled regarding how they are being portrayed in relation to this specific deal. Not the overall window.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I wouldn't go that far. Both gave us solid tests last season. Brighton played us off the park last season and were probably the better team in at least one of the games I remember the season before.

ETH hasn't had a great deal of time with these players, so there's no reason to expect us to 'breeze past' either team. Look at our expected starting 11...if any of us had been told at the beginning of summer that this would be our starting 11 in the first game of the season then there'd have been pitchforks out. It's nothing short of a disaster really.

Kostov

Read what’s written

Baffled regarding how they are being portrayed in relation to this specific deal. Not the overall window.
CDM/CM is one of our most crucial needs, and on the specific deal they should be surprised how they are portrayed? Who in their right mind should think how they have handled the FDJ fiasco is anything but embarrassment?

TheReligion

Abusive
CDM/CM is one of our most crucial needs, and on the specific deal they should be surprised how they are portrayed? Who in their right mind should think how they have handled the FDJ fiasco is anything but embarrassment?
They are bemused they are being portrayed in that way regarding this particular deal as it seems the ridiculous issues at Barca and their agreements with De Jong are, as we all know, the real problem.

mancan92

Do you suggest we buy anyone for the sake of buying? The player needs to be right and a better solution than we already have in the squad for the system, and be available. Good luck scouring the market for such players.
Its not very hard we currently have Fred and mctom

Kostov

They are bemused they are being portrayed in that way regarding this particular deal as it seems the ridiculous issues at Barca and their agreements with De Jong are, as we all know, the real problem.
You are missing my point. It's August the 5th, the league starts tomorrow and we are in the situation we are, who in their right mind briefs about Barcelona and De Jong, thinking United fans give a feck about that anymore? We are way beyond that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.