Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suv666

Neither did I, I just found it funny you went to relegation after being linked with 1 probably past it player.
Its not really 1 player is it though?
We have bought Ighalo, Cavani and now in for Arnautovic. Clearly a pattern.

cnwo

If we’re honest we don’t have a quality project to offer frenkie, let’s get someone else in who can upgrade our midfield

Matt851

If we’re honest we don’t have a quality project to offer frenkie, let’s get someone else in who can upgrade our midfield
Based on performances over recent seasons. There are at least 100 midfielders we could get who would be an improvement on mcfred. The fact we are only after one player is a testament to our lack of ambition, the fact might not even got one a testament to our sheer incompetence

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source:
"It is true that there is an offer from a well-known club. I am in contact with Bologna to see if it can be realised," says brother and advisor Danijel Arnautovic.

Matt851

OK I am getting a little bored now of ten hag playing it safe with his signings, he is showing a real lack experience at the top level.
It does appear ten hag is doing most of the identifying of targets which is pretty baffling when he didn't have that responsibility at ajax and his prior experience is pretty limited

Vapor trail

Really good player. Probably too much of a gamble that he could handle such a step up, but someone I think I suggested in the championship thread.
No chance no previous ties with ETH or Ajax. As much as I'd love it to be sarcasm it seems the scouts are adjacent to the direction of summer activities.

sparx99

Really good player. Probably too much of a gamble that he could handle such a step up, but someone I think I suggested in the championship thread.
Seems ideal for the buy and loan back treatment. He needs games to keep developing.

croadyman

And yet still wouldn't be enough.

Even if De Jong somehow agreed to come, more should have been done this summer ontop of him and a CB
Yeah like RB (Dalot & AWB not good enough) RW (left footed) and ST (box presence and build up)

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
Well, Rabbit is clearly much better than McTominay

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
It’s quite fascinating to see just how low the players we’re linked with now go; the press don’t even link us with middling players anymore, just straight up rubbish.

What have we become? *drops to floor, hands to the heavens awaiting divine correspondence.

Why have we been forsaken!? *Kirk Douglas like bellow.

We must be losing young fans and the single digit children by the bucketload. What and whom are they supposed to believe in or be enamoured by.

Hawks2008

This is why I hate all the bullshit about the "new structure/regime".

We went into the summer without a plan and are going to attempt to panic buy the likes of Arnautovic and Rabiot. Same bullshit, different year, but some would have us believe that the club is changing.

I feel for Erik, he's been sold a lemon.

sparx99

It’s got the feeling now of that transfer deadline day when Arsenal bought like 5 guys including Squillaci.

You could see Fergie bringing in someone like Arnautovovic in a year when we just needed some cover but it would be a move from a position of strength. Similar to the Larsson loan deal back in the day.

Instead we are looking at short term fixes when we need to be signing young players on the up. If not Sesko then go and get another younger forward.

I hate to say it but essentially Arsenal look 18 months down the road from us. They let some bad eggs go who were on big wages (Ozil and Auba) and they’ve restructured around a promising group of younger players. We are still clinging on to some fantasy of this group coming good.

Status
Not open for further replies.