Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

macheda14

I think this is harsh, as soon as Leipzig come calling to another RB club (with the offer of letting him stay for another season) then there’s no winning. The price seems lower than any other club was quoted as well.

ROFLUTION

In his last PL season Arnautovic has 20 goals and 7 assists in 40 games for WH.

If this is not “PL proven” I don’t know what is.

Rashy is proven to be absolutely useless so yeah, with our striker situation, Arnautovic makes sense.

Also, Arna is a fighter on the pitch, unlike most United players who are utter pussies.
Hard to argue with stats and the description.

Conclusion: With Arnautovic our fanbase will have a new Fellaini to hate again

romufc

I like how they miss out the part where Chelsea also wanted him and the fee was 55m quid and a loan back. Bad incompetent United not agreeing to that.
Doesnt sell, its funny when we were linked with him, Newcastle and Chelsea were also mentioned, now that he is gone, we were the only clubs in for him :lol: :lol:

M4YON

Nkunku- Signed a new contract.

Laimer - Due to join Bayern Munich.

Haaland & Alverez - Both signed by City.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
I think arnautovic is miles better than people on here think but I don’t think those figures are right. 10 goals is what I saw.
Yea, my bad, just double checked. My source counted his 9 goals in the Super League.

Still, 10 goals and 4 assists in 28 would be considered massively improved season statistic for Rashford, Elanga and Martial.

Red00012

I didn’t realise we were only counting one season. He played less than 14 games worth of minutes. So in his worst season, he is comfortably a better than 1 in 5 goal scorer. So yes, you’re wrong.
He scored 0 goals from starts but ok

redcucumber

Rashy is proven to be absolutely useless so yeah, with our striker situation, Arnautovic makes sense.

Also, Arna is a fighter on the pitch, unlike most United players who are utter pussies.
Where are you getting that from? From the numbers I've seen, he's got 22 goals in 65 games. And this was from 2017-2019, when he was 4 years younger.

He also has a fairly extensive rap sheet for using racist and derogatory language.

Tiber

I mean it isn't hard at all. The club has scouts, it has its own targets, but we're choosing to strictly go off what the manager wants, rightly or wrongly, we'll soon find out. I'm all for backing the manager, but what he wants is baffling me.
They have scouts. But every time we try to sign a high profile player the executives fail to get the deal over the line.

Dazzmondo

Whilst the lack of ambition is depressing, it's hard to blame the manager for trying to sign multiple less talented players he knows from the Dutch league. It's clearly that or absolutely nothing
Sorry but that's nonsense. If someone who was less popular than ETH, like Poch, were pushing signings like this he'd be getting dog's abuse. For me the biggest crticism is on the DOF who should simply be telling ETH no when he makes bad suggestions and should be suggesting better alternatives. Of course when you sign a DOF who has no experience and seemingly no players in his portfolio, it's not a surprise that you get a shitshow like this. I thought it was a bad idea to give a rookie the DOF job at the time but I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I've already seen enough to make it clear this was another ridiculous decision. Signing people who have proven they can succeed in a role just seems to be a concept the Glazers can't wrap their heads around.

Dazzmondo

Yea, my bad, just double checked. My source counted his 9 goals in the Super League.

Still, 10 goals and 4 assists in 28 would be considered massively improved season statistic for Rashford, Elanga and Martial.
Rashford and Martial have both scored 17 PL goals in a single season which Arnautovic never came close to achieving. Genuinely mind boggling people are trying to justify signing a racist in any case

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich

At least the post sounds like Arnautovic. After all the incidents, he could definitely be trusted with a bit of sexism.

James35

Whoscored tells me he plays off the left like everyone else we sign. Surely we want a RW?
Yep, every clip I have seen (looks quality) has been from the left. I’d play him over Rashford certainly but yeah it does seem like every player we get for the right is better on the left!

Tiber

Sorry but that's nonsense. If someone who was less popular than ETH, like Poch, were pushing signings like this he'd be getting dog's abuse. For me the biggest crticism is on the DOF who should simply be telling ETH no when he makes bad suggestions and should be suggesting better alternatives. Of course when you sign a DOF who has no experience and seemingly no players in his portfolio, it's not a surprise that you get a shitshow like this. I thought it was a bad idea to give a rookie the DOF job at the time but I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I've already seen enough to make it clear this was another ridiculous decision. Signing people who have proven they can succeed in a role just seems to be a concept the Glazers can't wrap their heads around.
The utterly unqualified DOF and the owners should absolutely be getting dogs abuse. We are now resorting to shit signings which are just about better than nothing because they dicked around all summer

Dan_F

Has to be said, Ralf's targets got the juices flowing a lot more than what we look likely to end up with.
I could give you four names to improve our team if you wanted? Literally anyone could do that. Means nothing if none of them want to join us.

Crimson King

Are they the 4 he mentions in the article? If so then I think he's being a bit disingenuous.

Nkunku and Laimer maybe, but everyone wanted Haaland and Alvarez had already signed for city by then, I'm pretty sure.

mancan92

Except he's a racist

M4YON

Are they the 4 he mentions in the article? If so then I think he's being a bit disingenuous.

Nkunku and Laimer maybe, but everyone wanted Haaland and Alvarez had already signed for city by then, I'm pretty sure.
Yes they are, it also mentions he was prevented from signing a striker in January whilst others added to their attack. Liverpool signed Diaz, City signed Alvarez and Juventus added Vlahovic.

pascell

Nkunku only signed his new contract last month, he had a price tag but we didn't pursue.

Laimer was available for a long time but seemed like we weren't interested and he wanted Bayern.

Haaland has been talked about over and over, nothing new there.

We were heavily linked with Alavarez before City got involved. The Caf labelled it like the Moises Caicedo transfer, won't be interested and likely not good enough, then he signed for City a week later.

Erik the Red

Yep, every clip I have seen (looks quality) has been from the left. I’d play him over Rashford certainly but yeah it does seem like every player we get for the right is better on the left!
Could well look to play Gakpo from the left and Sancho from the right for this season. Then next season bring Antony in on the right, move Sancho to the left and put Gakpo up top. This fits perfectly with the need for a short term stop gap striker for this season, especially if Ronaldo leaves. Question is, would you prefer an alleged abuser or a racist for that role? I guess that is why ETH is so keen to keep Ronaldo for another year.

Dazzmondo

I could give you four names to improve our team if you wanted? Literally anyone could do that. Means nothing if none of them want to join us.
You're assuming they wouldn't. Money in the Bundesliga (apart from Bayern and to a lesser extent Dortmund), Serie A and Ligue 1 (aside from PSG) is far lower than what we can offer. There is a good chance we could have signed these players (minus Haaland) if we tried. There had been reports of our scouting Alvarez before City got involved. If we had moved quickly it's very possible we could have got him. I'm pretty sure Rangnick mentioned others he had suggested just in a press conference so I'm sure he named many more players that the Board simply refused to approach. They had already decided they weren't buying anyone last January.

romufc

Nkunku only signed his new contract last month, he had a price tag but we didn't pursue.

Laimer was available for a long time but seemed like we weren't interested and he wanted Bayern.

Haaland has been talked about over and over, nothing new there.

We were heavily linked with Alavarez before City got involved. The Caf labelled it like the Moises Caicedo transfer, won't be interested and likely not good enough, then he signed for City a week later.
I dont get why fans and journalists keep harping on about this so called list from Rangnick.

Nkunku was going to cost over 100m this summer, Haaland was never joining us.

People talk about Zakaria but he is not that good, he is injury prone as well.

Its quite funny how all these "Rangnick recommends" are all hindsight. I read somewhere before that the recommended Diaz to us as well.

I mean seriously, how many think that any of these would join us ahead of Liverpool and City?

Crimson King

Yes they are, it also mentions he was prevented from signing a striker in January whilst others added to their attack. Liverpool signed Diaz, City signed Alvarez and Juventus added Vlahovic.
Oh ok, guess it was more a case of not wanting to release funds to an interim.

Shows how badly we're run, getting a couple if players in in January might have helped us qualify for the UCL, which in turn might have helped with recruitment somewhat this summer.

RatPack

Can anybody just post a rumour of a good talented player we are trying to get who is available and want to come.

At this time I do not care if it is true. I just need distraction from Rabiot and Arnautovic.

Seriously cannot believe this is where we are at this year. I had so much hope that things would be different this year.

Please someone just give me a little hope.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Romano said that Gapko was just focused on helping his team get through the CL qualifier games coming up first and United were aware of that.
Given the final leg is tonight, it's not surprising we are starting our offer.

redcucumber

Seems like Rangnick also highly recommended Gvardiol, the centre back. Wonder why we didn't pursue that.

Dazzmondo

I dont get why fans and journalists keep harping on about this so called list from Rangnick.

Nkunku was going to cost over 100m this summer, Haaland was never joining us.

People talk about Zakaria but he is not that good, he is injury prone as well.

Its quite funny how all these "Rangnick recommends" are all hindsight. I read somewhere before that the recommended Diaz to us as well.

I mean seriously, how many think that any of these would join us ahead of Liverpool and City?
They wouldn't choose us over City or Liverpool but if we approach and sign them early before those 2 get involved it is still possible. We were interested in Nunez before Liverpool and he seemed interested in joining. We wasted loads of time negotiating on the price and then Liverpool came in and paid the money and he joined. Had we agreed the fee quickly Nunez might have been at Utd right now.

romufc

They wouldn't choose us over City or Liverpool but if we approach and sign them early before those 2 get involved it is still possible. We were interested in Nunez before Liverpool and he seemed interested in joining. We wasted loads of time negotiating on the price and then Liverpool came in and paid the money and he joined. Had we agreed the fee quickly Nunez might have been at Utd right now.
I mean Nunez is the classic example. We were interested they quoted us but we never got any further, as soon as Liverpool come in we were out the equation. Agreeing a fee doesn't mean the player wants to come.

The agent would have done his due diligence to see what other top clubs will come after him.

I give you a good example, we have agreed a fee with Barca since early July... Is De Jong a United player?

Godfather

That's three forwards recommended by Rangnick as he saw that we were fecking shit up front. Guess how many forwards we got in.

Dazzmondo

I mean Nunez is the classic example. We were interested they quoted us but we never got any further, as soon as Liverpool come in we were out the equation. Agreeing a fee doesn't mean the player wants to come.

The agent would have done his due diligence to see what other top clubs will come after him.

I give you a good example, we have agreed a fee with Barca since early July... Is De Jong a United player?
FDJ plays for Barcelona, a club that can pay equally large wages to us. They're not remotely similar situations. With Nunez I think you're underselling the amount of time we spent negotiating with them. We didn't simply ask about him and then end all conversations, plenty of reliable reporters mentioned we were actively trying to negotiate the price down before Liverpool came in. My point was if we got it done quick he might have come as could many other players. You're trying to suggest Darwin is an example of the opposite when it isn't because we didn't attempt to swiftly sign Nunez, we dragged it out in a public manner which gave other big clubs the chance to come in for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.