Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobbers

Spurs are not a bigger draw than us. Only two things can be true: A) We are actually in for him and if it’s between us and spurs, we’ll get him. B)Our name is being used to drive up the price/rush spurs into making their move.
Of course they are. Champions league football and playing under Conte, any young Italian would be insane to pass that up to come here instead this summer, if they have any ambition to cement their place in the national team.

tomaldinho1

Spurs are not a bigger draw than us. Only two things can be true: A) We are actually in for him and if it’s between us and spurs, we’ll get him. B)Our name is being used to drive up the price/rush spurs into making their move.
Usually London wins out with the Europeans sadly, plus he knows Conte well and would get CL football. Would say were second favourites.

Ted Lasso

Of course they are. Champions league football and playing under Conte, any young Italian would be insane to pass that up to come here instead this summer, if they have any ambition to cement their place in the national team.
That's preposterous.

We've seen this time and again over the years. A single season in the Champions League for a club like Spurs is not going to win over the history and appeal of clubs like Arsenal and Manchester United.

Then there's the factors like Spurs won't pay the kind of salary United do. And the biggest recent draw of all - ETH. Find me a youngster preferring defensive minded football over the possession and attacking dutch mindset.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
This is the source of the Tweet:
When he originally published this, he made no reference to Manchester United. He then took down the Tweet, updated the article, and republished the same Tweet with the updated article. Because of this, I'd like to see other journalists corroborate this info before I get excited about it.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
This is the source of the Tweet:

When he originally published this, he made no reference to Manchester United. He then took down the Tweet, updated the article, and republished the same Tweet with the updated article. Because of this, I'd like to see other journalists corroborate this info before I get excited about it.
Remember being excited at vague rumours of Botman last year when Lille won the league.. not watched hardly any of him since, hows he done?

A Sky journalist for Italian football posted something similar a couple of hours ago, don’t know who was first (if just copying). Confirms Sanches deal for Milan and says moved away from Botman with us, Spurs and NUFC pursuing.

Last edited:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Remember being excited at vague rumours of Botman last year when Lille won the league.. not watched hardly any of him since, hows he done?
From what I've seen, he's not played as well, especially since both José Fonte has gotten worse along with Gourvennec not setting the team up as well as Galtier. Personally, I've never been a fan of his. I feel like he's getting overrated because of his athleticism and his ability on the ball. He doesn't defend as well as the likes of Romero, Konaté, or Pau Torres.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
A Sky journalist for Italian football posted something similar a couple of hours ago, don’t know who was first (if just copying). Confirms Sanches deal for Milan and says moved away from Botman with us, Spurs and NUFC pursuing.

This might be why Di Marzio updated his article, then. Still, it doesn't tell me much other than the fact that we have more potential in getting Botman than AC Milan. Whether we'll actually pursue him is another matter.

croadyman

Yeah think with the Conte link it's B

sparx99

Tottenham never do anything though. They haven’t won a trophy since what 2007 or something.

During an era with one of the all time top PL strikers they scrape top 4 and their best season was what 3rd?

Suv666

I want us to sign Botman so we can get the Na na na na na botman chant going

sparx99

I know there's already a thread on this. But for the sake of keeping everything in one easy-to-view place, here's a United related tweet about Sangare.

(I really like the idea of this thread and want it to work.)
What chance Chelsea buy Sangare using the funds from selling us Kante. Then Kante rapidly declines while Sangare rips it up. Alternatively, Sangare and De Jong is a £100m midfield fix for us.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Laurie Whitwell is doing a Q+A on The Athletic so may get some interesting updates.

JanK

Supports
Napoli
What chance Chelsea buy Sangare using the funds from selling us Kante. Then Kante rapidly declines while Sangare rips it up. Alternatively, Sangare and De Jong is a £100m midfield fix for us.
We'll buy Kante and Sangare.

Cause why not? Then we'd have decent squad depth instantly and we can use Kante in a different setup, which might unlock some interesting potential in other players too.

Status
Not open for further replies.