Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acquire Me

I'm actually so pleased that both proposed deals for Arnautovic and Rabiot got called off. I really want de Jong but if that remains unlikely then Casemiro would be a great signing.
I thought Casemiro is a very important player for them?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
To be fair - I credit the club in not caving in panic and offering obscene money for Rabiot.

The White Pele

Arkadiusz Milik offered to several European clubs.
Among the clubs surveyed there would be Everton, Manchester United, Juventus
I wonder what the fee would be. We’re likely to blow our budget on midfield but badly need an option up front even as back up. At least this guy has scored some goals at a decent level and is not finished yet.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
We need to stop shopping in the usual places. Need to go down a tier and find a solid DM from somewhere. Someone who won't treat the ball as if it's on fire and who has a strong mentality. Got to be players out there.

Uniquim

To be fair - I credit the club in not caving in panic and offering obscene money for Rabiot.
I agree with this. I think Rabiot would be an upgrade on what we have already, but I don't want us to continue overpaying for wages, and struggle to offload players later on.

But I would also really like an extra midfielder or two. :nervous:

The White Pele

Completely agree. He’s likely not the answer long-term so we don’t want to be stuck with him on high wages when the likes of McTominay are on a fraction of the salary.

Suv666

ETH is screwed.
Yup. Arnold and Murtogh seem to be complete noobs. Cant believe they flew to both Turin and Barcelona and still couldn't get the deal done. Amature hour. Clearly not ready for the job and looking like Woodward in his debut year. Funny that we expect people to learn on the job rather than getting experienced employees in. Testing in prod.

That being said, glad the Rabiot move collapsed.

Jev

Yup, it's over.
Good news. As someone else commented, he could be useful now but would be expensive, unsellable deadwood in a couple of years. We need to think long-term, even if it means a bottom-half finish this season.

Dannn411

I thought the summer of '13 couldn't be topped but here we are. Worst summer in club history.

GreatDane

It was internet sarcasm Great Dane.
We have a history of looking past players only to try and sign them much later for way more money.
Apologies. And I agree, so many bargains missed and so many failed players bought.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I agree with this. I think Rabiot would be an upgrade on what we have already, but I don't want us to continue overpaying for wages, and struggle to offload players later on.

But I would also really like an extra midfielder or two. :nervous:
I want an extra midfielder or two but it's good the club stops handing out huge wages. It's unsustainable.

As I said up top, go down a tier and just get some off the radar solid midfielders in.

GreatDane

We need to stop shopping in the usual places. Need to go down a tier and find a solid DM from somewhere. Someone who won't treat the ball as if it's on fire and who has a strong mentality. Got to be players out there.
We were linked briefly with that DM fra Betis, he sounded very decent.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
And another reminder:
Just pull the trigger you bastards! You saw what I saw last weekend. The best individual midfield performance I've seen, for or against us, in a long time. If ever there was a player worth shelling out a bit more for, it is a 20 year old midfielder that you have already scouted extensively and has just single handedly bossed every one of our players that came within his vicinity.

I will regain a huge amount of faith if we do this now because I know it won't be long before a lot of the other top clubs will be in for him.

RedMilo

Retweeted by Romeo Agresti:
Long shot :lol:

I would be more worried if we did get him, that's how daft it sounds. If Real want rid then he is either past his best or masking an injury.

Caicedo is the way to go for me. With hopefully someone like Barella if we cabt get De Jong.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
This thread is full of Trumpistas.

Believe what you want from twitter and criticise !

Calm down. 99% of tweets are speculative click bait.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
This is an absolute clown show. Bring back Woodward at this point.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Yeah I'm really starting to believe we're just linking ourselves with players to make it look like we're trying at this point

kirk buttercup

Every day now is a different set of names. This is mental , I don't believe it's all true but we are being made out to be a complete circus

Harold_Giles

I'd have thought when doing business like player transfer, you'd sound out said players agent and have at least a ballpark number of his salary demands.
After that you agree a fee with the club of said player.

This was quite the fecking waste of time. Amateur hour, or more apt, amateur decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.