Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I believe we are experiencing the end of the Glazers right here. This is embarrassing on a global level and people who don't support Utd are finally seeing what we've said for years.

joedirt87

I wonder what Keylor Navas would go for. We can come full circle on the fax machine incident of 2014.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
It seemed certain we had him. What was the problem or was it just us messing up back then?
There was trouble with multiple agents/agencies involved, which made United and Milan walk away. Brighton already had a business connection with one of the agents so didn't see any problem, I think

Highfather_24

So we're looking at couple of midfielders, a forward, a striker, a RB and a backup goalie. So 6 players.

I think we will get 1, maybe 2 more signings at best. What a joke of a situation. Feck Murtough, fire that clown.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
It seemed certain we had him. What was the problem or was it just us messing up back then?
The optimism was mostly coming from the less reliable Ecuadorian media. We were in talks with Caicedo, but the complexities of the deal (multiple intermediaries, each with their own agendas) + risk of the demands becoming unreasonable due to said intermediaries resulted in United no longer pursuing Caicedo. If United took the risk and decided to pay more than what was initially being suggested, then they may have landed the player.

EDIT: hellhunter answered the question already

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
So we're looking at couple of midfielders, a forward, a striker, a RB and a backup goalie. So 6 players.

I think we will get 1, maybe 2 more signings at best. What a joke of a situation. Feck Murtough, fire that clown.
Exclude the right back, and that list is basically spot on.

Coops73

I believe we are experiencing the end of the Glazers right here. This is embarrassing on a global level and people who don't support Utd are finally seeing what we've said for years.
God I hope this is true.

Julian Laurens was on sky sports, they asked him what the perception of United was in France and he basically said agents/Directors of football were stunned at the ineptitude of a club like United.

At this point it almost feels like the Glazers are running the club into the ground but what would be the purpose? they’re just embarrassing themselves.

Xaviboy

Shambles this is turning out to be.

Seriously think we will finish bottom half of the table this season for us.

Squad is piss poor. Brighton and Brentford already walked on us. Dreading the games ahead if we don't sign 2 midfielders to improve us soon.

Irwin99

Let's hope so.

The alarm bells were there with the club/manager reminding us that we finished second a few seasons ago earlier in the summer, but i never imagined it would descend to this level of ridiculousness :(

led_scholes

Which player would want to sign for this mess now? Its getting embarrassing.

Eager to see when we will start "actively monitoring" Ben Amos and Graziano Pelle.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
The optimism was mostly coming from the less reliable Ecuadorian media. We were in talks with Caicedo, but the complexities of the deal (multiple intermediaries, each with their own agendas) + risk of the demands becoming unreasonable due to said intermediaries resulted in United no longer pursuing Caicedo. If United took the risk and decided to pay more than what was initially being suggested, then they may have landed the player.

EDIT: hellhunter answered the question already
Thank you.

James35

This club will deserve every bit of the shit press, defeats, embarrassment etc that comes it’s way this season.

I have never been more disillusioned and disinterested in this club in my life time.

I’m at that stage where I could just skip this season altogether. Nothing about not getting shiny new toys or being knee jerk, it’s just because we truly are a depressing shit show.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Well there are rumours we are looking at a RB too, possibly Dest. But chances are we wont be able to offload AWB, so you're probably right.
The rumours are mostly weak. There's been no mention of United working to bring Dest in or even being that interested in him, more so that Barcelona are hoping for United to come in and go for him (as alluded to by the reliable Edu Polo). If we were indeed interested, then we'd see something from one of the more reliable English journalists.

TheReligion

Abusive
This club will deserve every bit of the shit press, defeats, embarrassment etc that comes it’s way this season.

I have never been more disillusioned and disinterested in this club in my life time.

I’m at that stage where I could just skip this season altogether. Nothing about not getting shiny new toys or being knee jerk, it’s just because we truly are a depressing shit show.
No one gives a feck what you think to be honest.

Cantona in disguise

That's the spirit

roonaldo78

God I hope this is true.

Julian Laurens was on sky sports, they asked him what the perception of United was in France and he basically said agents/Directors of football were stunned at the ineptitude of a club like United.

At this point it almost feels like the Glazers are running the club into the ground but what would be the purpose? they’re just embarrassing themselves.
This is what I cannot understand, these guys are still successful businessman but how can you continue to make such basic mistakes repeatedly. Man City owners came in and put together a successful plan from day 1, Glazers are here after a decade and no lessons learnt.

Baxter

This is what I cannot understand, these guys are still successful businessman but how can you continue to make such basic mistakes repeatedly. Man City owners came in and put together a successful plan from day 1, Glazers are here after a decade and no lessons learnt.
Very debatable.

Status
Not open for further replies.