Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Martinez to move into midfield to partner Casemiro?
I have a feeling this might be the case.. we’ll spend remaining funds on other positions rather than getting another CM because most good ones are costing a fair amount which will dampen our chances of filling the other positions..

I also don’t think Martinez will be good enough to bench our captain Maguire or the 340k p/w Varane at CB if he avoids injuries.. There’s big strikers to deal with and I just don’t see Martinez lasting in that role..

EDIT: More info
  • Casemiro's contract will be heavily based on incentives and performances
  • Casemiro will be among the club's top earners
I’m so confused.. so he’ll be amongst the top earners but how??

If the contract is based on incentives and performances this probably includes a CL qualification clause and probably a PL top 4 or winning clause etc.. so if the club doesn’t qualify then he really won’t be one of the top earners right? Or am I missing something..

Does this mean that his base salary will be same or round about his current contract at Madrid but he can potentially earn a lot more if the club succeeds in achieving its’ targets?

roseguy64

I have a feeling this might be the case.. we’ll spend remaining funds on other positions rather than getting another CM because most good ones are costing a fair amount which will dampen our chances of filling the other positions..

I also don’t think Martinez will be good enough to bench our captain Maguire or the 340k p/w Varane at CB if he avoids injuries.. There’s big strikers to deal with and I just don’t see Martinez lasting in that role..

I’m so confused.. so he’ll be amongst the top earners but how??

If the contract is based on incentives and performances this probably includes a CL qualification clause and probably a PL top 4 or winning clause etc.. so if the club doesn’t qualify then he really won’t be one of the top earners right? Or am I missing something..

Does this mean that his base salary will be same or round about his current contract at Madrid but he can potentially earn a lot more if the club succeeds in achieving its’ targets?
The last line is how I'm reading it.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Yeah I think that might just be the case.. Amongst other tweets that are posted, apparently some Brazilian ESPN journalist has reported that there’s not much difference between his current contract and the one being offered.. which basically correlates to what I predicted..

I guess from Casemiro’s perspective, he’d get to sign a new contract so basically end up earning the same or round about for an extra couple years and potentially more if United can succeed.. at his age it’s a better guarantee incase he’s to get injured whereby clubs would potentially not sign him after his current Madrid contract ends..

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Yeah I think that might just be the case.. Amongst other tweets that are posted, apparently some Brazilian ESPN journalist has reported that there’s not much difference between his current contract and the one being offered.. which basically correlates to what I predicted..

I guess from Casemiro’s perspective, he’d get to sign a new contract so basically end up earning the same or round about for an extra couple years and potentially more if United can succeed.. at his age it’s a better guarantee incase he’s to get injured whereby clubs would potentially not sign him after his current Madrid contract ends..
Crafton clarified this in his 2nd Tweet:
Update: 2nd Crafton Tweet

Simon Stone Tweet:
He'll basically be close to his current Real Madrid contract but will only earn way more if United are in the CL + he & the team meet their other objectives.

Gordon S

Why are we only now pulling our finger out?! Glazers under pressure? Frenkie falling through?
It´s been a rollercoaster! First just quiet for weeks - people started talking on here like we need to sell first to be able to add new players- lots of talk of cheap players coming in, (Arnautovic..)-Boom, sign everyone!! Casemiro, Antony, Felix.. Suddenly money is no problem!
Absolutely impossible to figure out whats happening!

GreatDane

It´s been a rollercoaster! First just quiet for weeks - people started talking on here like we need to sell first to be able to add new players- lots of talk of cheap players coming in, (Arnautovic..)-Boom, sign everyone!! Casemiro, Antony, Felix.. Suddenly money is no problem!
My dream is that Glazers are about to sell the club and either the new owners want signings in before they buy it or the Glazers themselves are making the club more attractive and expensive to buy.

croadyman

My dream is that Glazers are about to sell the club and either the new owners want signings in before they buy it or the Glazers themselves are making the club more attractive and expensive to buy.
Yeah could be either

DevTheRed

Mental isn’t it.. if only we started like this back in June :rolleyes:

RedCoffee

Rants that backfired
Nothing has changed. We've swapped out our interest in De Jong for Casemiro.
We've decided to let Ronaldo go - wages and contract depreciation 30m per year can be better spent on a new striker.
Net result to p&l after all of these rumours is Nil.

Lee565

Glazers trying to penny punch again thinking recruiting ten hag was enough to get at least a champions league spot this season and now they realise we are already looking miles off the pace to get even top 6

Dannn411

My hope is that another young midfielder is added if Casemiro signs. There's many of them out there. That would make a lot more sense than signing only Casemiro and packing it in because Casemiro alone will not revive our midfield.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away

Can’t find anything on Matt’s Twitter though

can anyone find the article? I inow your supposed to have the corresponding tweet/article when posting from
Aggregators

Ollie Derbyshire

I for one think this will be a great signing, he's one of, if not the best currently in his position, £50M initial fee sounds fair even for a 30yo after some of the crazy fees we've seen this summer for other players. Wages dependent on success conditions are also a positive for us, if we meet them I have no issue with him being a high earner at the club.

What we do have to do though is bring in a younger CDM in the next window, Caecido for example, and groom him to be his replacement. There are no more excuses to rest on our laurels.

Gordon S

Mental isn’t it.. if only we started like this back in June :rolleyes:
Mental is probably the correct word.

It just can´t be this difficult to build a well balanced squad and plan for the future with the resources the club has.

GreatDane

Nothing has changed. We've swapped out our interest in De Jong for Casemiro.
We've decided to let Ronaldo go - wages and contract depreciation 30m per year can be better spent on a new striker.
Net result to p&l after all of these rumours is Nil.
Don't kill the dream man.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Better test Barca's resolve with that 80m we kept aside for Antony. A solid midfield will help our current attackers play better.

Kramer

Don’t really post much in this thread given that I can’t post media yet.

But today will be a massive day. The needle will move on multiple signings and we should hear a buzz of ‘positive’ transfer activity.

Making a bold prediction - think we’ll make 4/5 more signings in the next few days.

Casemiro, Antony and 3 additional signings (RB, GK, 1 Striker that nobody is linking to United now)

P.S. - I’m just a fellow muppet, not an ITK.

sparx99

Better test Barca's resolve with that 80m we kept aside for Antony. A solid midfield will help our current attackers play better.
I’d offer Barca Bruno as an alternative to Bernardo Silva. I just don’t think he’ll fit the Ten Hag system because he’s so wasteful and plays without control.

I’d much rather a midfield three or Casemiro, De Jong and Eriksen than Casemiro, Fred
/Eriksen and Bruno.

Jacob

But today will be a massive day. The needle will move on multiple signings and we should hear a buzz of ‘positive’ transfer activity.

Making a bold prediction - think we’ll make 4/5 more signings in the next few days.

Casemiro, Antony and 3 additional signings (RB, GK, 1 Striker that nobody is linking to United now)

I'll eat my peepee if that happens.

No chance, maximum 3 more including Casemiro.

dutchred

I'll eat my peepee if that happens.

No chance, maximum 3 more including Casemiro.
I just can't see us getting Antony this year. Maybe next year. I think he'll stay another year at Ajax especially with the world cup later this year. I hopw we get both de Jong and Casemiro.
A midfield of De Jong, Casemiro and Eriksen would be brilliant with Fred, Bruno, Iqbal and Savage as backup

dutchred

even if we don't get Frenkie a midfield of Casemiro, Fred and Eriksen would be so much better than we have now

Reynoldo

I just can't see us getting Antony this year. Maybe next year. I think he'll stay another year at Ajax especially with the world cup later this year. I hopw we get both de Jong and Casemiro.
A midfield of De Jong, Casemiro and Eriksen would be brilliant with Fred, Bruno, Iqbal and Savage as backup
As crazy as it is price wise I still want us to push for Antony, I think regardless of what happens in midfield we need someone to spark our attack also. (Yes I'm greedy)

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
As crazy as it is price wise I still want us to push for Antony, I think regardless of what happens in midfield we need someone to spark our attack also. (Yes I'm greedy)
100%. Everybody is focusing on midfield, but our attacking options are worrisome, especially when you look at the form of each player. I think Antony is the man to provide that spark and would allow Sancho onto the LW, where I feel he is better. Add another CF (not I'm probably being greedy) and the whole complex changes. I can live with Dalot and the GKs we have for another season, I think these are the areas that are pivotal now.

Von Mistelroum

Can’t find anything on Matt’s Twitter though

can anyone find the article? I inow your supposed to have the corresponding tweet/article when posting from
Aggregators
Right but if Casemiro (who I still refuse to believe will sign for us) will be £60m that leaves £40m for a right back, attacker and second midfielder... Oh and apparently reserve keeper.

STaphouse

Supports
Reading
Right but if Casemiro (who I still refuse to believe will sign for us) will be £60m that leaves £40m for a right back, attacker and second midfielder... Oh and apparently reserve keeper.
It says "over £100m" not "exactly £100m".

Zed 101

100%. Everybody is focusing on midfield, but our attacking options are worrisome, especially when you look at the form of each player. I think Antony is the man to provide that spark and would allow Sancho onto the LW, where I feel he is better. Add another CF (not I'm probably being greedy) and the whole complex changes. I can live with Dalot and the GKs we have for another season, I think these are the areas that are pivotal now.
The biggest issue for years has been our centre mid especially in defence, this impacts everywhere on the field, if we can solidify the defence by bringing in 1 or 2 midfielders, our attackers will flourish, I agree that we still need another attacking option, last year we missed Cavani (for whatever reasons) we need something similar now, TBH although we have Ronaldo unless we are going to get a new 1st choice number 9 I would rather get a journeyman to tide us over and give ETH some time, rather than spunking 80m on Antony

suhaylah

How much have we spent till now?
We had 200 million pounds apparently for transfers.

Status
Not open for further replies.