Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamsk7

Think we’ll get an agreed deal on this by the weekend, probably earlier. Our dealings with Ajax are usually really smooth

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
Am I the only one that feels like no news is good news? None of us have a clue who we’re actually signing. Obviously we are in for De Jong but I don’t think anyone actually knows who else. I like it :D

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Brentford haven't given up on Eriksen just yet.

Source:
Brentford manager Thomas Frank speaks to AS about his team.

"We still have a chance for him to stay. Eriksen hasn't decided yet."
The relevant question & answer:
-Do you think his time at Brentford could come to an end this summer?

I don't know, honestly. I know we still have a chance and I hope he makes the decision in the next couple of weeks because he's on holiday now. The deal is for him to call me and tell me what he wants to do. He hasn't decided yet.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Am I the only one that feels like no news is good news? None of us have a clue who we’re actually signing. Obviously we are in for De Jong but I don’t think anyone actually knows who else. I like it :D
It's uironic you're saying this because today is probably the first time this window where our targets are clear- De Jong, Eriksen, Martinez, Antony and a right back

RU Devil

Gonna be a long, mostly uneventful summer. ETH will get FDG and maybe Eriksen, but not much else. Prices just a bit too much to maneuver. FDG & Antony would represent all of the mooted transfer kitty (assuming Ajax would sell at our price). If we're lucky, we get a few more of the deadwood out just to clear space & even get youngsters some PT, but our board better be willing to sell at low prices.

Might be better to hold fire until after Qatar and buy in January. Rather get Timber then than Lisandro now if Timber's biggest worry is getting on the national team. Plus maybe we'd be in a better position after ETH gives proof of concept. Right now, we are selling vaporware to prospective players. ETH really needs the team to be cohesive & entertaining from the start.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Urghhh, alright - it's official for me. This window is boring as feck. Literally the same shite every day. We've known these players are up for sale for months now. "Pressing ahead"? what does that mean? Nothing. It means nothing.
It’s clear everything hinges on the FDJ deal. Once that goes through, I’d be very surprised if the others don’t start falling like dominos

Matt851

It’s clear everything hinges on the FDJ deal. Once that goes through, I’d be very surprised if the others don’t start falling like dominos
I don't quite understand that though. If we don't sign fdj we will surely want to sign another cm and they will likely be cheaper. Why is a move for antony for example contingent on the fdj deal?

lysglimt

Scout
You still gonna claim that in mid-august ?

Frank Grimes

We do know. Timber and Eriksen have almost certainly had offers from United as well as De Jong. Antony probably has as well though this is less certain. We also know Nunez turned us down.

UnitedFire

I think De Jong, Eriksen, Anthony and 1 defender will be a really solid window.

Now someone will reply that we will still be shite without a DM.
Nice white text, but either we get a DM or Maguire needs to be sold. You can't play Maguire without a DM because he is too damn slow and not good enough at reading the game to compensate.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Nice white text, but either we get a DM or Maguire needs to be sold. You can't play Maguire without a DM because he is too damn slow and not good enough at reading the game to compensate.
Martinez is apparently fast and really good at reading the game but he's a shorty:confused:

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Urghhh, alright - it's official for me. This window is boring as feck. Literally the same shite every day. We've known these players are up for sale for months now. "Pressing ahead"? what does that mean? Nothing. It means nothing.
Stop reading all the rumours as it's not good for your health. Vast majority of it is guess work anyway.

Adamsk7

That’s £73m. Personally I think he’s an elite player and that’s probably about right anyway. If we can get him for just under £70m, then that’s still a good deal for us

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Really torn about this.

On one hand - we have a new manager, and we need to back him. If he thinks FdJ is key to us becoming successful again then we should just back him properly and make it happen.

On the other hand - Barca are utter utter cnuts. They’re broke and they need the money from us to get their other business done. If they’re unwilling to negotiate then feck them, let’s walk away and leave them in their mess.

Cecc

He doesn't worth £73m , just move on to next target in the list and let Barca dream about this money.

GL21

Really do want our clear targets but I'm craving an out of the blue not yet mentioned signing

Suv666

There's a reason why no top club is interested. He is too expensive. Factor in his massive wages and this starts looking like a mistake.

City walked away from Kane and Sanchez that's what we need to do if we want to be taken seriously.

This is why we'll always be conned in the market. We are so desperate, we never walk away from deals.

AaronRedDevil

Just put some stupid add ons and get it done. He'll never win the CL with us anyway. Or get 10 assist

Charles Miller

De Jong is worth the money for the simple reason he can interpret at perfection Ten Hag style. There are only two options: we can sign the profiles that Ten Hag apparently is asking for, players that already understand his game and save a lot of time and money, or we can replicate what Pep did at City: sign a keeper, its not working? Buy another one. Then buy a fullback, and two more, and another one, and all the CBs available in europe. Until you find the right players to fit into your system. But that is very, very expensive.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
At the risk of coming across as a bit pessimistic, what, after 2 years in La Liga where he didn't score a single goal, is there to suggest he can play his way into Utds first team?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
At the risk of coming across as a bit pessimistic, what, after 2 years in La Liga where he didn't score a single goal, is there to suggest he can play his way into Utds first team?
His performances for Uruguay have been terrific in contrast to his Alavés performances. That's probably what the hope is based on.

MUFC OK

Can someone do a big montage of all of the Romano tweets about de jong to United that say 90% the same thing? Reckon this is number 68 or something.

Seen enough of this window already, I’m off here and twitter until we get 1 or 2 signings confirmed.

Xanther

Starting to get sick of this guy, Romano. He posts so much but there's next to no new information every time he posts.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
His performances for Uruguay have been terrific in contrast to his Alavés performances. That's probably what the hope is based on.
He's played 6 games for Uruguay, since January, hasn't scored in any of them either...

I dunno, hopefully I'm wrong, but it seems a stretch to imagine him playing any significant role for Utd this season.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Can someone do a big montage of all of the Romano tweets about de jong to United that say 90% the same thing? Reckon this is number 68 or something.

Seen enough of this window already, I’m off here and twitter until we get 1 or 2 signings confirmed.
Starting to get sick of this guy, Romano. He posts so much but there's next to no new information every time he posts.
But people clamour for new information all the time and get super pissed when there’s nothing being said.

So what is it people actually want? (besides the player signing)

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
He's played 6 games for Uruguay, since January, hasn't scored in any of them either...

I dunno, hopefully I'm wrong, but it seems a stretch to imagine him playing any significant role for Utd this season.
I've watched a bunch of Uruguay's games, and he's caught my eye in the more recent ones. He may not have been a goalscoring threat, but that's because Uruguay play a 4-4-2. He has been their biggest creative threat in recent games and has racked up some impressive assists in the recent internationals.

Status
Not open for further replies.