Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Everybody knows we are a shit show...watch people queue up to loan players of us as we pay half their wages. We couldn’t give our squad players away with the wages they are on.
Yup. Those lists of outgoings on here that added up to like £120m and added to our transfer budget were delusional

Tom Van Persie

No relation
So we're not buying a defender. Cool.
We won't buy one until Bailly and Jones are moved on imo. We might find a buyer for Bailly, Newcastle have reportedly shown interest as an alternative to Botman. United apparently willing to accept around £8M. No chance in getting anything for Jones.

DickDastardly

Surely someone has to take a punt on Bailly.

He's easily worth 10 mil euros.
Also, Jones....if injuries are behind him, he's better then 30% of defenders in the league.

Tuanzebe, sell him as well.

Promote Mengi and buy Timber.

sparx99

Surely someone has to take a punt on Bailly.

He's easily worth 10 mil euros.
Also, Jones....if injuries are behind him, he's better then 30% of defenders in the league.

Tuanzebe, sell him as well.

Promote Mengi and buy Timber.
Jones’ injuries are never behind him. He should have his contract paid out so he can be a free agent.

Woziak

At what point does that stop though? We've had the reputation of overpaying for years - which leads to teams being able to demand £80m upfront and us paying it, players being able to demand ridiculous wages after a year of decent return etc.

We need to start having the sense to walk away from deals, that will stop other clubs taking the piss, same with sales - Pereria was basically thrown back at us because we didn't extend his loan, even though the club that loaned him agreed to a fee last year.

There's a reason why the club should have different options, but it seems we're all in on FDJ (to the point where its suggested other deals are on hold until it's sorted) which puts us in a weak position, even when the selling club is desperate for cash.

No. No they don't.
Let’s assume ETH has looked at united over the last two years and maybe been convinced that the squad seriously underperformed last year, but overall the squad is considered by the United Hierarchy to be third or fourth best in the PL. Darren Fletcher and John Murtogh have had a word in his ear and said we really only need 4 players, a CDM, CM, RB and a Right Winger in this window and then we will look again in next window.

ETH has agreed to this providing he can bring his first choice players in which clearly look like Jurien Timber to play RB/CB, NDJ to play CM, Antony to play RW and maybe Kante at CDM which has gone very quiet. The cost for these 4 players if the press are to be believed are ; Julie.Timber £35m, NDJ £72-74M, Antony £45-50M, N Kante £20M
Total £180/185M

Richard Arnold said The DOF and the Manager have €200M to spend which is £180-185M, we’ve spunked money for the last 9 years trying to get it right why not give the new Manager what he wants and give him the players quickly so he can get a pre season and let them settle in. One more throw of the dice if you like ?

It seems to me and many other united fans that the united board can’t do anything without the Glaziers Permission and their £11m dividend payments this Friday are far more important than United improving on our worst premier league season in living memory, I mean correct me if I’m wrong but we actually finished with a 0 goal difference last season and 58 goals conceded, after the season finished we then lost 5 senior players on a free and yet we still haven’t signed a new player. So would it surprise me if the United DOF, John Murtogh offered Christian Erikssen a huge wage or sign on bonus for waiting for two weeks then no, I do however disagree that he would be paid to wait to sign because it’s clear he is being lined up to replace Juan Mata and the budget is trying to be maxed out because the reality is 4 players won’t be enough as we need a minimum of 6 this window.

The club has been managed poorly from top to bottom, had we sold Pogba, Lingard, Mata and Cavani we could have maybe raised an extra £50m to this transfer window. Are you telling me that Sir Alex or Jose if allowed would have signed Christiano last summer and not been ruthless and then sold Cavani for £10-15M where he had just finished a great season with 17 goals!
Jose wanted to sell Pogba for £100m to Madrid the club stopped him, Ralph wanted to sell Lingard to West Ham or Newcastle for £15M, the club stopped him, Jose wanted to Sell Martial for £50-60M, the club stopped him. Hindsight is a wonderful trait however the current United board only have one saving Grace and that is Ed Woodward was the worst CEO in living memory and no one can ever be that bad again.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Let’s assume ETH has looked at united over the last two years and maybe been convinced that the squad seriously underperformed last year, but overall the squad is considered by the United Hierarchy to be third or fourth best in the PL. Darren Fletcher and John Murtogh have had a word in his ear and said we really only need 4 players, a CDM, CM, RB and a Right Winger in this window and then we will look again in next window.

ETH has agreed to this providing he can bring his first choice players in which clearly look like Jurien Timber to play RB/CB, NDJ to play CM, Antony to play RW and maybe Kante at CDM which has gone very quiet. The cost for these 4 players if the press are to be believed are ; Julie.Timber £35m, NDJ £72-74M, Antony £45-50M, N Kante £20M
Total £180/185M

Richard Arnold said The DOF and the Manager have €200M to spend which is £180-185M, we’ve spunked money for the last 9 years trying to get it right why not give the new Manager what he wants and give him the players quickly so he can get a pre season and let them settle in. One more throw of the dice if you like ?

It seems to me and many other united fans that the united board can’t do anything without the Glaziers Permission and their £11m dividend payments this Friday are far more important than United improving on our worst premier league season in living memory, I mean correct me if I’m wrong but we actually finished with a 0 goal difference last season and 58 goals conceded, after the season finished we then lost 5 senior players on a free and yet we still haven’t signed a new player. So would it surprise me if the United DOF, John Murtogh offered Christian Erikssen a huge wage or sign on bonus for waiting for two weeks then no, I do however disagree that he would be paid to wait to sign because it’s clear he is being lined up to replace Juan Mata and the budget is trying to be maxed out because the reality is 4 players won’t be enough as we need a minimum of 6 this window.

The club has been managed poorly from top to bottom, had we sold Pogba, Lingard, Mata and Cavani we could have maybe raised an extra £50m to this transfer window. Are you telling me that Sir Alex or Jose if allowed would have signed Christiano last summer and not been ruthless and then sold Cavani for £10-15M where he had just finished a great season with 17 goals!
Jose wanted to sell Pogba for £100m to Madrid the club stopped him, Ralph wanted to sell Lingard to West Ham or Newcastle for £15M, the club stopped him, Jose wanted to Sell Martial for £50-60M, the club stopped him. Hindsight is a wonderful trait however the current United board only have one saving Grace and that is Ed Woodward was the worst CEO in living memory and no one can ever be that bad again.
Nigel might be a bit past it now.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
We simply have to accept quite a big loss to shift them.

The age old question can a loss be a win? In this case….yes.
We should have been incurring these smaller loses every summer and reinvesting whatever money we recouped into progressing the squad. Instead we’ve let the dross pile up around us. If it was me I’d be flogging these fringe guys for 10 million apiece rather than paying their wages and clogging the squad. They aren’t playing enough football for us to ever gain meaningfully in value so why keep the relationship going?

OpenIntrovert

Samuel luckhurst, master of translating fans' sentiments into rubbish stories.

Regardless of the center backs' performance last season, no manager will come in and ask for that many center backs to be gone. A new manager will always give the existing squad time to respond and only thereafter, can he have stronger say in who must stay and who must go. It is also going to cause dressing room chaos if he comes in and immediately "sacks" players.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Good to see that we are "prepared" to sell defenders in the middle of the transfer window.
People love to cling on to this phrase and use it as a stick to beat us with. It literally just means that it's something that we're willing to do.

Plus someone has to offer us an actual bid before we sell, we can't force them on to someone. Jheeze.

Yes, because it's only from today we are looking to sell, right?

ShinjiNinja26

Thank you football Einstein - I take it you'd then play a midfield 3 of Eriksen, Bruno and De Jong? None of them are great at the wings, and all will want regular playing time
I’d rather we signed the players who the new incoming manager deems vital to implement his style of play. They will all get plenty of game time, we’ve just lost Pogba, Matic, Mata and Lingard we need reinforcements in that area. Also why would we hold off to see if we sign de Jong first before going for Eriksen when it’s been stated already that he’s not an alternative to Frenkie but would be signed alongside him as a Mata replacement? These are the 2 first choice midfielders ETH wishes to sign and one is on a free, I think we should give the guy what he wants when he’s just come in the door.

Woziak

Nigel might be a bit past it now.
Typo I meant FDJ but you got the idea right , just seems the board are penny pinching and ETH is almost being told indirectly, the club has been burnt before with bigger management names in LVG and Jose Mourinho who got the players wrong and burnt through the cash.

Red_toad

Jones’ injuries are never behind him. He should have his contract paid out so he can be a free agent.
What would be the point of that? He's good for half a dozen games per season. Giving him 2.6 million in one hit is hardly going to strengthen our transfer funds. Better just to keep him and allow his contract to expire.

sparx99

What would be the point of that? He's good for half a dozen games per season. Giving him 2.6 million in one hit is hardly going to strengthen our transfer funds. Better just to keep him and allow his contract to expire.
1. He can go and play football.
2. Those minutes are better used keeping a squad member happy or giving a young player some minutes in the first team.
3. It moves on a player who has been here too long and allowed to coast by. He may have been unlucky with injuries but we need to find a better balance between sentiment and ruthlessness.

Superden

2. Those minutes are better used keeping a squad member happy or giving a young player some minutes in the first team.
3. It moves on a player who has been here too long and allowed to coast by. He may have been unlucky with injuries but we need to find a better balance between sentiment and ruthlessness.
you dont offer to pay off the whole contract, you give a choice of either a lump sum percentage now or they spend the next two seasons with the stiffs...

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Samuel luckhurst, master of translating fans' sentiments into rubbish stories.

Regardless of the center backs' performance last season, no manager will come in and ask for that many center backs to be gone. A new manager will always give the existing squad time to respond and only thereafter, can he have stronger say in who must stay and who must go. It is also going to cause dressing room chaos if he comes in and immediately "sacks" players.
Only one who deserves to have a chance is Axel as he’s never gotten a run of games. Whereas these frauds have played enough to show how shite they are. Axel against Mbappe was a master class. He’s got that in him. Let’s give him a chance to earn a squad spot next year.

Red_toad

Ten Hag will give minutes to those who deserve it, I do not see a single young central defender at the club who is better than Jones at this moment in time. If Ten Hag does he simply won't select Jones.
Like how you ignore the financial aspect of giving him a lump sum rather than just letting him run down his contract, if we're struggling for funds, its lunacy to suggest we throw out 2 million plus, rather than spread it out over the next 12 months.
He's not been coasting, simply not true, he's been a dedicated professional who trains very well. Not his fault United renewed his contract, nor that he suffered numerous injuries.

MUFC OK

It's expensive, but do we really have an option ? He is ETH's choice - and I would rather we pay £10 million too much and give our manager a chance to get his players in than get a cheaper one who is his third choice.
This is the point again, as in previous transfer sagas; we've dragged our heels thus far hoping for a £10m discount and its got us to the square root of nowhere. Hope we can pay it and move on now if he's ETH's man and due to a lack of obvious alternatives.

AndySmith1990

Considering we'd only be loaning Henderson out, we'd actually be losing money from our budget by signing a permanent backup 'keeper wouldn't we?

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Earlier:
Only exciting news we have about us all day. Romano saying that we aren't in fact interested in one of the hundred of thousands of football players on the planet. Only slightly trumps the link of us signing Watford's keeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.