Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberman

If true he can feck off
It’s not news imo. He consistently said he wanted to stay and went off on holiday. Everything since has been fabled stories of changing his mind based on nothing but Utd negotiating a fee.
Imo he comes back from holiday and kills the transfer. Hopefully not but nothing has changed my mind.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
It’s not news imo. He consistently said he wanted to stay and went off on holiday. Everything since has been fabled stories of changing his mind based on nothing but Utd negotiating a fee.
Imo he comes back from holiday and kills the transfer. Hopefully not but nothing has changed my mind.
Barca PR spin. Nothing more. The same source said he was happy to work with Ten Hag yesterday.

Dazzmondo

Feel we should be all over clubs in difficult situations (I am sure we are) but Kounde at Sevilla and Valencia surely have someone worth trying to get?
I'd love Kounde, especially since Chelsea seem to be focusing on De Ligt instead. He's a bit short but never really seemed to struggle much aerially despite that and he's very well-rounded and actually good defensively, which I think is something that can be overlooked in some young cbs due to so much emphasis being put on their abilities on the ball now. He's performed consistently with very few mistakes for 2 full seasons now, whereas De Ligt actually struggled quite a lot after leaving Ajax (wasn't terrible but definitely didn't perform at levels I expected him to).

Nobody at Valencia I'd want really. Guedes is probably their best player but still not too interested really. I think Joao Felix is a great talent who showed a lot of fight to come back from a really tough start at Atletico under the pressure of a crazy fee. Only thing is I'm not sure if we could really play him in a position that suits him best. He's a bit awkward, not really a winger but I don't think of him as a lone striker either. Probably works best in a 2 striker system where he plays in between the lines which we obviously don't play.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
I would argue Ten Hag has some pull for him even if United dont.

sparx99

We’re deep in negotiations and have spoken to his agents while doing the Malacia deal. Nobody would be this far along without everything agreed.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Neil Webb says hi
Harsh? :)

Paid a lot but that was because Forest didn’t want to sell, remember his debut, scored (I thought we’d win the league that season). Good player, didn’t work out for him/us.

As opposed to another Forest buy who we paid similar fee for (but years earlier when a million was a lot) and don’t think he scored for a year? Not great for a forward. Garry Birtles.

Red Royal

Harsh? :)

Paid a lot but that was because Forest didn’t want to sell, remember his debut, scored (I thought we’d win the league that season). Good player, didn’t work out for him/us.

As opposed to another Forest buy who we paid similar fee for (but years earlier when a million was a lot) and don’t think he scored for a year? Not great for a forward. Garry Birtles.
Yeah that is exactly how I remember it. Webb was at least okay, won an FA Cup... Birtles was shocking and couldn't buy a goal... and there was TalkSports Alan Brazil around that time (from Ipswich) who was crap.

GreatDane

Surely you don't think we haven't been in contact with him both before and during the negotiations, no club would waste weeks and not having the green light from the player.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Maybe, but when you add cost into the equation there are some who were worse IMO. I can’t remember how much Djemba x2 cost though.
3.5m with the purpose of replacing Roy Keane :lol:

i think he played a handful of games for us, even less for Villa and his career went downhill from there. Shocking player

Stookie

Nurse bell end
3.5m with the purpose of replacing Roy Keane :lol:

i think he played a handful of games for us, even less for Villa and his career went downhill from there. Shocking player
Ah yeah, I forgot he was to replace Keane- and that he went to Villa! Didn’t we get Kleberson at the same time as well? Or was he later?

cyberman

Surely you don't think we haven't been in contact with him both before and during the negotiations, no club would waste weeks and not having the green light from the player.
But apparently we were negotiating with Barca when he was steadfast saying no. I know the stories about Ten Hag and Xavi convincing him were leaked but that wasn’t at the start of the process. That puts a hole in the Utd wouldn’t talk to Barca if the player didn’t say yes angle imo since we clearly were (well at the beginning anyway)
I’m not saying I’ll be unhappy if he signed or any such nonsense, I just always had the feeling this wouldn’t happen

Status
Not open for further replies.