Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remember the geese

Most of these players are on their 3rd, 4th or 5th chance. How many chances are we going to give these players? We need quicker player turnover to get anywhere near City and Liverpool.

Signing 3 average players whilst losing 6 we most definitely have gone backwards this summer.
How on Earth have we gone backwards? We have appointed a brilliant coach as our manager, shifted some of the deadwood and made three quality additions.

TheReligion

Abusive
Most of these players are on their 3rd, 4th or 5th chance. How many chances are we going to give these players? We need quicker player turnover to get anywhere near City and Liverpool.

Signing 3 average players whilst losing 6 we most definitely have gone backwards this summer.
You underestimate the signings so far, sadly

Highfather_24

Think we are gonna target FDJ and Antony and that's it.

Dont think we are getting a RB or CF, mostly because AWB is not going to be sold, and the Ronaldo situation is still up in the air.

Dante

Average bang

We've lost 6 pounds of fat and added 3 pounds of muscle.

We might not be as big as last season, but we're stronger.

M4YON

Putting the pressure on the owners here, I like it.

RyRy11

Really don’t want Antony for the prize Ajax want. I don’t see it happening.

Josep Dowling

Martinez and Eriksen are definitely not average players. Malacia is young and unproven but has a ton of potential and has looked good so far in pre-season.
One has come back from a heart attack so we have to be careful how he’s used.

The other has only played in the Dutch League and we overpaid by £15m at least.

Average may be a bit harsh, but they are certainly not top signings imo.

Tom Van Persie

No relation

I disagree. Eriksen came back and looked fantastic for Brentford. He's a quality player and still has a lot to offer. We possibly did overpay for Martinez but I don't really care about the price tag. He's a player that fits ten Hag's system and will strengthen our backline.

Loony BoB

Ajax in the CL last season, 100% wins in group stage:
4-2 and 1-5 wins against Sporting CP
4-0 and 1-3 wins against Borussia Dortmund
2-0 and 1-2 wins against Beşiktaş
Now, I will concede he was also involved in the 2-2 draw and 1-0 loss to Benfica, so not flawless. But to come out 100% wins in group stage including 7-1 aggregate playing against Dortmund let alone the others in the group is nothing to dismiss.

Not saying Martinez will be a world beater but to say he has only played in the Dutch League is a bit of an unfair dismissal. Suarez played in the same Dutch league before he took a bite out of the Premier League.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Not good news at all. So players get to decide whether they want to stay or not? Are we running an effin BnB? And Martial for one more season? Kill me already.
When do you think this is not the case? Generally, players on OK contracts or with NT aspirations will go when told at any club, put that same player on a fat contract he can’t get elsewhere and suddenly he’s going nowhere unless subsidised to do so. Guess which category we fall into?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Contracts aren't unilateral you know
Of course. But our problem is that we are not ruthless.
If we say to player that he is not in manager's plans and that he will not be part of the squad, that would be good kick in the ass for them to find a club.
But if you say to player that he has chance to prove himself then every player will choose to stay. United/good wage vs bottom club with lower wage.

Tarrou

Of course. But our problem is that we are not ruthless.
If we say to player that he is not in manager's plans and that he will not be part of the squad, that would be good kick in the ass for them to find a club.
But if you say to player that he has chance to prove himself then every player will choose to stay. United/good wage vs bottom club with lower wage.
im surprised nobody thought of this before

we should just tell players to just leave and get paid less

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
im surprised nobody thought of this before

we should just tell players to just leave and get paid less
Yes, exactly that. Because at this moment you are losing more. Getting lower fee and saving on salary is better than getting zero fee and paying full salary to someone like Jones who will struggle to get on the bench this year.
We have players who are just happy to be part of Man Utd. Wage is coming, then and there they get a bench spot and they are happy with that. That players you must push to search new club.

Ralph1386

If it wasn’t for the Greenwood loss we probably wouldn’t desperately need an addition like Antony to the squad. We cannot expect Sancho-Martial-Rashford to be relied upon all season with two games a week and no rotation.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Cardiac arrest. Different things entirely.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He has been a far bigger loss than what ronaldo would be.
Assuming he developed in the way everyone hoped. Many players don't, as seen with Welbeck and probably a better example Rashford.

lysglimt

Scout
In a way I feel it would be bad long-term for United if we turned Antony's head and forced Ajax to sell him to us. We have a good relationship with the club and that could bring us the best of their talent for the next 4-5 years, but if first sign Martinez and then Antony, I have a feeling Ajax - both fans and board could turn against us - making it harder to deal with them in the future. But I do want Antony - I am just not sure at what cost

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
In a way I feel it would be bad long-term for United if we turned Antony's head and forced Ajax to sell him to us. We have a good relationship with the club and that could bring us the best of their talent for the next 4-5 years, but if first sign Martinez and then Antony, I have a feeling Ajax - both fans and board could turn against us - making it harder to deal with them in the future. But I do want Antony - I am just not sure at what cost
We gave them £55m for Martinez and if Antony moves likely another £60m - this idea they’re doing us some massive favour by “letting” us buy their players for huge amounts of money is bonkers.

The United

Of course the head coach says that, but Ajax are a listed business. There's always an offer they can't refuse.
Of course but I doubt we will have that kind of offer at this point unless we withdrew the one for FDJ.

prateik

Yeah. madrid wont fall for it. Benzema wont give up his spot and he cant play anywhere else..

It'll be hilarious if he ended up at Atletico .. Please make it happen.

Dannn411

Yes ETH wants more signings but the trail has gone ice cold in terms of players we're being linked with and that is always a bad sign given how much this club leaks like a faucet to the media. Season is 2 weeks away.

Status
Not open for further replies.