Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donut

We should just mutually end the contract, but he doesn’t want that does he, because nobody except Saudis will pay him the wages he’s on.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel

Mendes’ mate with the goss
He’s turning himself into a pretzel trying to spin this. He’s actually suggesting despite interest from Atletico and Bayern, United are holding onto Ronaldo for dear life, completely ignoring the statements by the club CEOs that they do not wish to touch him with a 20 foot pole.

Dannn411

Whatever happens with Ronaldo, the club needs to make sure it is not paying Ronaldo another dime of money once he leaves. That is the absolute worst possible solution available.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Whatever happens with Ronaldo, the club needs to make sure it is not paying Ronaldo another dime of money once he leaves. That is the absolute worst possible solution available.
Eh? What? Why would they anyway?

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
Rot with reserves whilst getting 400k per week is not an option.
Terminate contract on mutual agreement and laugh at him as nobody relevant will want him even for free.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Why would he agree to that?
Why wouldn’t he? He’s desperate to leave and nobody wants to buy him. A free transfer being granted by United is probably his only chance of getting a new club.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Why wouldn’t he? He’s desperate to leave and nobody wants to buy him. A free transfer being granted by United is probably his only chance of getting a new club.
He would also risk earning considerably less, since there don't seem to be willing buyers, as you said. Don't really think the fee United demands is the stumbling block here

Alemar

He would also risk earning considerably less, since there don't seem to be willing buyers, as you said. Don't really think the fee United demands is the stumbling block here
But he can always take Saudi’s offer and go there for 125m/season. Though, in such case it’s better to sell him there for some 30m

The White Pele

We should just mutually end the contract, but he doesn’t want that does he, because nobody except Saudis will pay him the wages he’s on.
Absolutely. But we should have offered this as soon as he wanted out and before he found that no top clubs are remotely interested, let alone for the financial package he has at United. Now we will be left with him and hard to see how his presence won’t jeopardise the team atmosphere Ten Hag has tried to build throughout pre-season.

We need to start acting like a big club again in these situations.

swissgenius

I honestly think Bayern is his only chance. They might struggle to adapt to post-Lewy reality and move for him
How many times do Oliver Kahn and H. Salihamidzic have to repeat that they're not interested at all?

He even explained why CR would not fit their philosophy and structure.

Of course, if he'd be willing to play for 200k a week, they might reconsider it, but that's a moot point.

Irwin99

Not going to happen anyway but although Grizemann is a bit of an idiot he's a hard worker whenever I've seen him. Pressing from the front wouldn't be a problem with him i imagine.

sparx99

Not going to happen anyway but although Grizemann is a bit of an idiot he's a hard worker whenever I've seen him. Pressing from the front wouldn't be a problem with him i imagine.
If he can succeed under Simeone and his work ethic I’m sure he’d be fine. Bonus is that Griezmann could play RW or ST. Could be an option if Antony isn’t possible.

skc_18

Not just salary he represents a short term fix and can be detrimental to players coming through. Juventus bought him at 32 when he was still at his peak of his powers to win the CL. It didn’t happen CR7 just fell out with the coaches for 4 years, yes he’s still going to score 20/30 goals per season but at what cost. I say we let him go on loan for 1 year but the loan team pays his wages and a loan fee of £5m, we then extend his contract on the understanding, we sell him next year for £25M to the Saudi Club who have expressed an interest.
That way we win and he thinks he wins but we also make him be available for the first 3 or 4 games in PL before the window closes from the bench.
I wasn't saying we shouldn't sell or loan if we get a offer. As long as we get one more attacker, we should do that. However, at this moment , it looks tough to get a replacement. We already lost Greenwood and if we lose Ronaldo too , goals would be very hard to come.
Everyone knows what Ronaldo brings to the team and what he takes out. I am sure ETH also thought in detail about this and probably came to conclusion that we need to keep him to get the goals.
If you have asked me end of last season whether Ronaldo would prefer to stay this season at Utd, I would have said probably not because he values himself very high to play in Europa. But did Club management thought about this and have a contigency plan? Based on their past actions, probably not.

skc_18

It's been reported he's willing to take a significant pay cut to join another club, but there still aren't any bites.
It was reported in media that he took a paycut to join Utd from Juventus but it was probably from ~550k to ~450k. Not a huge paycut. If he asks for wages of around ~200K , I am sure there will be many suitors.

Chairman Steve

Ah Phil Brown. An old forum favourite of summer transfer windows. I guess since United didn’t tour the States this summer, that’s why we haven’t heard from him.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
100m for Antony:lol:

Only fools will agree to that price. But then I remember I support Manchester United and we have Richard Arnold and Murtough at the helm:drool:

M4YON

From the article:

Source:

Ajax fights to keep Antony. The Brazilian wants to crown his good last season with a dream transfer, but Ajax finds that undesirable and sees no need to sell another player. At the same time, there is the realization that every Ajax player is for sale. The initial quoted price of 80 million euros has already been increased to 100 million euros – including bonuses. It is clear that this issue will remain unsettled until September 1
This is brand new information! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.