Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Chelsea have such a weird team though. I reckon they are as likely to finish 6th as they are 3rd. And Sterling will flop hard.
Sterling flop? I doubt that, but yes their team is weird

roseguy64

How can this be completely true? How can La Liga deny something when players signed new contracts?
Also can't Barca just not register FDJ for example and register kessie instead?
I know they will still owe him money but surely drives him away as he would definitely not play
Clubs can sign players at any time. Even outside of the transfer window. Doesn't mean the player will be allowed to play though. Same like how clubs have to loan players out/sell players to fit in the 25 player squad limits. This is similar to that.
Once the player is registered with a club in Spain they can't be unregistered re: being allowed to play. It's why once Messi's contract expired last summer he counted as a new signing and so wouldn't be able to be registered by Barcelona because of their wage cap issues then.

Only way to unregister a player to register a new player is to loan them out with their wages being off the books for the season or to sell them.

How does selling one player allow then to do all that though?
Would figure the combination of freed up wages plus the transfer fee. Creates both income and wage space for the La Liga calculations. Not sure it would allow them to register all their new signings. They'd need another lever/more sales.

alexthelion

The CAF: We’re glad woodward is gone, no more signing for signings sake. No more galatico-esque style signings either.

United take it easy signing players that fit the style of play ETH wants.

The CAF witnessing Chelsea spunking money on any and every player that everyone else wants: OMG they have shiny new toys! We should do that too!
That's true.

They just want more shiny toys to slag off, really.

alexthelion

They were not involved at all in first team football. Arnold had nothing to do with football until late last year.

Murtough was dealing with the women's team and youth teams until middle of last year.

Their involvement level was negligible.
Stop wasting your breath, he's been told that multiple times but still persists in posting it.

jokervn91

I'm 100% on board with ETHs view. The right players or don't bother, develop our own. We have some good youth coming through and I reckon ETH will be able to coach our current players better than Ole or Ralf .
Better not wasting another 60m on an average player like Neves I suppose

Lights Out

Chelsea have such a weird team though. I reckon they are as likely to finish 6th as they are 3rd. And Sterling will flop hard.
Doubtful he will flop.

Chelsea will finish above us, they were a better team than us last season have made better improvements over the summer than we have. It’s not rocket science.

lysglimt

Scout
Doubtful he will flop.

Chelsea will finish above us, they were a better team than us last season have made better improvements over the summer than we have. It’s not rocket science.
I am not saying Chelsea wont finish above us - but last season was a season where basically every single player (maybe 2-3 exceptions) we had under-performed. If ETH can get Bruno, Sancho, Martial, Rashford, Shaw, Maguire to perform at the level they can - we can finish above Chelsea. And even if the league started yesterday - there is a lot of time to sign some more players.

TheReligion

Abusive
Doubtful he will flop.

Chelsea should finish above United though shouldn’t they?

What’s the point?

Eplel

Doubtful he will flop.

I think out of all teams, we have made the most improvement so far by actually going for a competent manager.

Fox outside the box

Better not wasting another 60m on an average player like Neves I suppose
Fans view football very differently. ETH won't be obsessing over the next couple of weeks and this current transfer window in the wya fans are because fans have such a short term mindset. Change does take time and customers/fans just don't have the perspective to acknowledge that.

If you've ever gone for a manager or senior manager role, you've probably seen a 30/60/90 and this will be a bit similar.

Sure, Ten Hag will have short term goals but he'll likely have presented a 3 year plan, when interviewing. A pretty basic thing will be spending time and assessing the current staff, increasing performance and making cuts/increasing efficiency in various aspects from the general running, to training, to match day etc.

We're just obsessed with the here and now and just like I've seen many a front line worker complain that someone new has come in, it's been a month and nothing has changed, I see the same type of attitude from a lot of fans regarding football.

He'll be comfortable waiting, because his long term success will depend much more on the next 1-2 years than the next 6 weeks.

I have no expectations outside of this season, except to see an improvement in our style and general performance. Reality is we may not finish top 4, some might say probably won't.

The sooner people come around to this, the better really. I guarantee that people won't though and a good amount of people are going to find the next year very frustrating and upsetting. I say that's their own fault though.

Matt851

Is there an article you got this from?
We also restructured the way we analyze the data an players that those scouts feed. While we didn't fire 100% of the scouts, we did a lot of adjustments which need time before they kick in.

Heffo

Doubtful he will flop.

Remember when we finished second and then signed Sancho, Varane and Ronaldo?

lysglimt

Scout
Remember when we finished second and then signed Sancho, Varane and Ronaldo?
Or when we sold Nistelrooy and only replaced him with a midfielder - and the season after we scored 11 goals more

Sid234

Excuses starting early. I can hear it now midway through the season. Didn't get the players he wanted so it's no wonder we were shit.
I mean shouldn't we be buying the players that fit the manager's tactics and styles - buying players for the sake of it has gotten us where we are now. It sucks that we might not get his main target but panic buying won't help us

Red00012

This is something we need to start doing ….for years we’ve been signing players that weren’t the manager 1st choice at the time and a few years down the line we can’t get rid.

Smores

I mean shouldn't we be buying the players that fit the manager's tactics and styles - buying players for the sake of it has gotten us where we are now. It sucks that we might not get his main target but panic buying won't help us
For the sake of it :lol:

OmarUnited4ever

I have no expectations outside of this season, except to see an improvement in our style and general performance. Reality is we may not finish top 4, some might say probably won't.
For me the bolded is the most important, my judgment on Ten Hag will be based on the performances on the pitch, strengthening of the squad will happen in due time, but gradual improvements in general performances of the team must start immediately if we want to get the top in the future

peridigm

Not disagreeing. Just stating what we’ll be hearing.

I will add though, having the mentality of this player or no one is a risky stance to take in our current state. You’re basically saying there are no players better than McFred except FDJ. If we don’t get him we’ll resort to youth. Let’s face it, if the youth option were better than what we have, they’d already have broken into the starting lineup.If we don’t get FDJ, is he going to try again next year? Then what? There is a reason managers need multiple options. We’re not a desirable destination at the moment.

OrcaFat

They were not involved at all in first team football. Arnold had nothing to do with football until late last year.

Murtough was dealing with the women's team and youth teams until middle of last year.

Their involvement level was negligible.
On that basis they both sound under-qualified. (I don’t really know what they actually do).

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
I love how Ten Hag is expected to get a tune out of the dross in this squad, even Pep struggled with the league in his first season and City's squad back then was miles better than our current one, and we all know the recruitment that happened under Pep.

If Ten Hag is to be a success here he shouldn't have to be lumbered with crap, no manager is that good.

big_jeffstar

I love how Ten Hag is expected to get a tune out of the dross in this squad, even Pep struggled with the league in his first season and City's squad back then was miles better than our current one, and we all know the recruitment that happened under Pep.

If Ten Hag is to be a success here he shouldn't have to be lumbered with crap, no manager is that good.
I don't particularly think this is the fault of the board, Ten Hag has his targets, it's not really Uniteds fault that Barcelona are literally mental atm..if you added sesko and de jong to this window, it looks pretty solid,
He said it himself in the presser, no signings for signing sake, which is literally a breath of fresh air. I think things will be a lot smoother next summer when he's had time to properly assess which players he needs and we can lay the groundwork before hand, We're seeing the result of a scouting team that isn't organised, and a new manager coming in trying to patch holes

SER19

You're exactly right. But watch people blame him as they did all the previous managers

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
I don't particularly think this is the fault of the board, Ten Hag has his targets, it's not really Uniteds fault that Barcelona are literally mental atm..if you added sesko and de jong to this window, it looks pretty solid,
He said it himself in the presser, no signings for signing sake, which is literally a breath of fresh air. I think things will be a lot smoother next summer when he's had time to properly assess which players he needs and we can lay the groundwork before hand, We're seeing the result of a scouting team that isn't organised, and a new manager coming in trying to patch holes
I don't think it's the right thread, but it isn't Ten Hags job to identify targets, he's literally never done that, and the few players he did want at Ajax were failures (coming from Ajax fans comments when we signed him).

I think most fans realise the need for the club to get it's act together and get people in who knows what it takes to play a certain style of football, I, and many others question the hierarchy of this club to be able to differentiate between styles, let alone target players for those styles.

I think signing Ten Hag is a good thing, and is a manager on the up, just can't help but feel the club stumbled ass backwards into a decent appointment (for a change).

The big question is, if Ten Hag fails, which history points to (sadly) will the board be able to target another manager with the same style so we don't have to start from scratch (again), or will be go for a completely different style altogether?

This chalk and cheese manager hiring is one of the main reasons the squad is the way it is.

We need someone in charge who identifies how this club should play, and be able to hire scouts who can identify players/managers to fit that style, I agree in that for this to come to fruition time will have to pass, but the club have used all the rope with many supporters so they or other fans can't exactly preach patience when the club has pissed a decade up the wall.

Mr. Ant

I don't think it's the right thread, but it isn't Ten Hags job to identify targets, he's literally never done that, and the few players he did want at Ajax were failures (coming from Ajax fans comments when we signed him).

I think most fans realise the need for the club to get it's act together and get people in who knows what it takes to play a certain style of football, I, and many others question the hierarchy of this club to be able to differentiate between styles, let alone target players for those styles.

I think signing Ten Hag is a good thing, and is a manager on the up, just can't help but feel the club stumbled ass backwards into a decent appointment (for a change).

The big question is, if Ten Hag fails, which history points to (sadly) will the board be able to target another manager with the same style so we don't have to start from scratch (again), or will be go for a completely different style altogether?

This chalk and cheese manager hiring is one of the main reasons the squad is the way it is.

We need someone in charge who identifies how this club should play, and be able to hire scouts who can identify players/managers to fit that style, I agree in that for this to come to fruition time will have to pass, but the club have used all the rope with many supporters so they or other fans can't exactly preach patience when the club has pissed a decade up the wall.
In Utrecht he was also a sporting director so yes he's done this before.

Of course I won't compare Utrecht and United but it's clear he wants players he personally watched or coached this season and hopefully next summer our own scouts can take over.

TheReligion

Abusive
Not disagreeing. Just stating what we’ll be hearing.

I will add though, having the mentality of this player or no one is a risky stance to take in our current state. You’re basically saying there are no players better than McFred except FDJ. If we don’t get him we’ll resort to youth. Let’s face it, if the youth option were better than what we have, they’d already have broken into the starting lineup.If we don’t get FDJ, is he going to try again next year? Then what? There is a reason managers need multiple options. We’re not a desirable destination at the moment.
The article you quoted literally says;

‘it is not a case of De Jong or nothing..’

Status
Not open for further replies.