Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loony BoB

Wasn’t Memphis the best player in the Dutch league when we signed him?
He was up there for sure. But then, so was Suarez. So was de Jong. It's hard to predict what happens next with many players. I wouldn't be one to scoff at the Dutch league.

pjaya

Frankly the faster the fans recognised that United are no more pulling power unlike during the SAF time the better. Every team in the world knows we can’t negotiate at all and furthermore during august everyone knows it’s panic buying now.

Dazzmondo

Wasn’t Memphis the best player in the Dutch league when we signed him?
He was, but so was Suarez, Ruud, R9. You'll have some hits and misses with any transfers, including from those moving between PL clubs. Not saying we should be targeting the Eredividie to the extent we are but Gakpo's a talented player who could make it imo. He's got just as much chance as Antony imo who we were quoted £80m for. Assuming Gakpo costs less than £30m as I suspect he would it's not the worst transfer to bet on.

M4YON

AS Monaco want him as a priority after Malang sarr, prefer loan but United want to sell, will depend on UCL qualification against PSV.

Source - L'Equipe

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Monaco signed Malang Sarr on loan with an obligation to buy under certain conditions (appearance-based), so a similar deal for Bailly would work for all parties I reckon.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
I wish we halted our aimless and futile pursuit for De Jong. All signs point to the fact that he doesn’t want to have anything to do with us. And it isn’t surprising given what we’ve done to the careers of previously decent players

Loony BoB

I wish we halted our aimless and futile pursuit for De Jong. All signs point to the fact that he doesn’t want to have anything to do with us. And it isn’t surprising given what we’ve done to the careers of previously decent players
For all we know it was halted a long time ago. The media has been running crazy with it, but the most we've seen is a laugh from ETH asking if we are after him, saying he didn't know, and that he won't talk about other club's players. That's literally all we have that isn't second hand information that is of huge benefit to journalists.

My opinion is that if FDJ says there's a chance, we should wait until 13th August (Barca deadline day for registering new players), and if nothing materialises then we sign the other players we have apparently started working on now. If we sign any before then it's evidence that we were told by FDJ's camp that there is no longer a chance. I think it's about as simple as that.

GwilDor

Must say i haven’t watched any full games of Gakpo. But based on skillset from highlight videos i can’t see where he fits. As others have pointed out, he seems most comfortable off the left wing, where most of our players prefer to play. He’s slower than Rashford, but with apparently better close control. He looks a better finisher than Rashford, but in my view looks to weak for hold up play as a #9 in PL currently.
Maybe intention is to free up Rashford as #9, while Gakpo builds muscle for next season, playing in the LW this season, being back-up across the board when Martial is back?

Either way i’d expect little from such a signing, but would love a surprise.

littlepeasoup

Sums up what a clusterfeck United is though doesn't it.

Step 1 - Try to push through a dogshit braindead signing because we've run out of ideas
Step 2 - Cancel said signing because the club are too focused on fan sentiment

I'm obviously hugely relieved, this would have been a fecking awful signing, but at least carry through with the intent of your convictions you utter cowards. Either you want to sign a player or you don't. Why are you listening to fans? YOU'RE PAID A SH*T TONNE TO MAKE THESE DECISIONS YOU CNUTS.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Sums up what a clusterfeck United is though doesn't it.

Step 1 - Try to push through a dogshit braindead signing because we've run out of ideas
Step 2 - Cancel said signing because the club are too focused on fan sentiment

I'm obviously hugely relieved, this would have been a fecking awful signing, but at least carry through with the intent of your convictions you utter cowards. Either you want to sign a player or you don't. Why are you listening to fans? YOU'RE PAID A SH*T TONNE TO MAKE THESE DECISIONS YOU CNUTS.
CAF: We don’t want him! Embarrassing if we sign him.
Also the CAF after pulling out: This is embarrassing! Sign him!

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I think my 2am email to Richard Arnold did the trick. Thank me.

STaphouse

Supports
Reading

AS Monaco want him as a priority after Malang sarr, prefer loan but United want to sell, will depend on UCL qualification against PSV.

Source - L'Equipe
So if Monaco qualify over PSV that means Gakpo is available for cheaper and Monaco will buy Bailly.

littlepeasoup

CAF: We don’t want him! Embarrassing if we sign him.
Also the CAF after pulling out: This is embarrassing! Sign him!
It's not even about Arnoutovic at this point, it's that United isn't a football club anymore, it's a vehicle to sell content, advertising and merchandise. Why not get randomtwittercnut43455 to pick the team every week?

DomM

we really are a shit show, our transfer team need shooting.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Dembele from Barcelona would be a fantastic right-wing signing. I understand he signed a deal but I reckon Barca would sell for a decent price. He a class player and seems to be also over his worst injury issues.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Dembele from Barcelona would be a fantastic right-wing signing. I understand he signed a deal but I reckon Barca would sell for a decent price. He a class player and seems to be also over his worst injury issues.
Signed a new contract 2 months ago if I remember correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.