Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speako

Excellent, we’re in the preparing stage. Our favourite. It’s like a Dominoes app.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
This is what people are missing, we need Sancho on the right, Martial striker.... After that the options for the left are absolutely rancid, Rashford is a terrible player for a couple of years now.
Funny how bad Rashford is. Sancho's output last season was nearly identical and they have both lost their England spots.

Sancho was awful Sunday too and subbed off before Marcus.

The agendas on this forum are ridiculous. Rashford has been awful but so has Sancho.

roseguy64

Funny how bad Rashford is. Sancho's output last season was nearly identical and they have both lost their England spots.

Sancho was awful Sunday too and subbed off before Marcus.

The agendas on this forum are ridiculous. Rashford has been awful but so has Sancho.
So wild to me how people are declaring Sancho a clear starter based on nothing.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I don't disagree about Rashford and I'm a big fan of his. He's not deserving of a place.

But what's Sancho done for us? 4 goals and 4 assists or something in an entire season? Rashford himself got over 30 himself the year before.

And he cost us 74million. Marcus didn't cost us anything.

Both players are incredibly poor and look totally lost. It's not just Rashford.

Asger

I don't disagree about Rashford and I'm a big fan of his. He's not deserving of a place.

But what's Sancho done for us? 4 goals and 4 assists or something in an entire season? Rashford himself got over 30 himself the year before.

Sancho had never played in PL before though. Lets give him this season before judging him.

Rashford has been poor for at least 2 years!

Blood Mage

Feck it if it means I no longer have to watch Rashford stink up the left side of the pitch get him signed.

city-puma

Greenwood replacement?
Not at all. Greenwood is left-footed I think, even though he has very good shot from right foot as well. Playing on right (eventually move to CF if possible) as inverted RW fits the system better unless ETH plays an inverted RB, like Malaise?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Sancho had never played in PL before though. Lets give him this season before judging him.

Rashford has been poor for at least 2 years!
He cost 74m and had played in England before albeit in the academy at City.

He also lost his England place.

Rashford scored 20 goals and got 13 assists the season before last so how is it 2 years? Sure that's better than what Sancho got in his first year?

AFC NimbleThumb

He cost 74m and had played in England before albeit in the academy at City.

He also lost his England place.

Rashford scored 20 goals and got 13 assists the season before last so how is it 2 years? Sure that's better than what Sancho got in his first year?
With a shoulder injury that required surgery for a large part of that season but the Caf needs a United villain & Pogba has left so. . .

red_de_pologne

People now turning on Sancho? :lol:

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
With a shoulder injury that required surgery for a large part of that season but the Caf needs a United villain & Pogba has left so. . .
This is the the bit where they trip up. At the time they tried to make out that despite those numbers, Rashford was playing poorly.

Now Sancho came in and got nowhere near the numbers Rashford did the previous year they try to flip it the other way.

It's absolutely ridiculous.

Both players look totally lost right now and they aren't alone. It's like there's some kind of hex on the club. Bruno again barely looks like a footballer when before he looked great.

It's very worrying how this happens so often at this club.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
We need to start winning games and playing well doing so.

All I see constantly & even more so now EtH lost his first game is toxic negativity.

Every signing is shit if they don’t play a blinder first game. Everyone we’re linked to is shit. No one wants to spend the money on hidden gems but then bitch and moan when another team gets them. No one wants well established players as some sort of short term fix (rabiot). We all want these big name signings despite not being as attractive as we once were (lack of UCL). So we go for other targets (hidden gems) rinse and repeat.

It fecking sucks on the CAF at the moment & if you’re not wallowing in self pity or throwing toxic shite at the club, players, management, owners you’re not welcome.

I pray tell that EtH gets a tune out of these players sharpish.

red_de_pologne

Wouldn't go that far but he was shocking last season. For 74m he was a really big disappointment.

4 goals and 4 assists wasn't it? I bet you expected a lot more than that. I know I did.
It's not a fair situation to judge a player properly, he was at times the only one trying to do anything on the pitch when others just downed tools. He was dropped into an absolute mess, hard to shine in those circumstances.

jokervn91

Wouldn't go that far but he was shocking last season. For 74m he was a really big disappointment.

4 goals and 4 assists wasn't it? I bet you expected a lot more than that. I know I did.
Last season was a combination of stuffs but its more like a systematic problem than an individual failure. I doubt Sancho can do much while everyone (mostly) is doing a shit job and we didnt really have any coaching at all. It was disappointed but lets wait for this season to see whats he can do.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
It's not a fair situation to judge a player properly, he was at times the only one trying to do anything on the pitch when others just downed tools. He was dropped into an absolute mess, hard to shine in those circumstances.
Lame excuse. All the players were in in together surely? You can't use that for him and not for others.

I haven't written him off at all but so far I haven't been impressed at all. He won't be going to the world cup either as things stand which basically backs up what I have said.

Massively hypocritical.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Last season was a combination of stuffs but its more like a systematic problem than an individual failure. I doubt Sancho can do much while everyone (mostly) is doing a shit job and we didnt really have any coaching at all. It was disappointed but lets wait for this season to see whats he can do.
Huge season for him. At 74m you simply can't have two poor seasons off the bat.

Smores

All I see constantly & even more so now EtH lost his first game is toxic negativity.

Every signing is shit if they don’t play a blinder first game. Everyone we’re linked to is shit. No one wants to spend the money on hidden gems but then bitch and moan when another team gets them. No one wants well established players as some sort of short term fix (rabiot). We all want these big name signings despite not being as attractive as we once were (lack of UCL). So we go for other targets (hidden gems) rinse and repeat.

It fecking sucks on the CAF at the moment & if you’re not wallowing in self pity or throwing toxic shite at the club, players, management, owners you’re not welcome.

Must be terrible in this imaginary world of yours.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.

Agree. I used to love coming here, but now I actually dread it. Just so much negativity

AndySmith1990

I'll tell you what sucks about this forum.

The people who never offer any opinion or insight or even attempt to rationally discuss subjects, but instead go from thread to thread getting offended by any criticism they see and then continuing to moan about posters, rather than the subject of the thread.

I see it loads. People like yourself trying to shut down discussion and cancel opinions because you don't like it; and referring to literally everything as toxic in an attempt to make justified criticism and debate appear destructive because it doesn't fit your agenda.

Oh BTW, there exists a thing called toxic positivity too, in case you weren't aware

Jacob

United's transfer strategy should be to only go after players with reasonable release clauses given our inability to conclude deals.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.

The people who never offer any opinion or insight or even attempt to rationally discuss subjects, but instead go from thread to thread getting offended by any criticism they see and then continuing to moan about posters, rather than the subject of the thread.

I see it loads. People like yourself trying to shut down discussion and cancel opinions because you don't like it; and referring to literally everything as toxic in an attempt to make justified criticism and debate appear destructive because it doesn't fit your agenda.

Oh BTW, there exists a thing called toxic positivity too, in case you weren't aware
Couldn't agree more.

Marcelinho87

Disagree, I think he's right.

What was once kept for the match day thread has now spilled over into the rest of the forum... There is no benefit to the way a lot of posters go about with their constant negativity and moaning.... If done constructively then fair enough but a lot of the times on here it's flat out whining and moaning just for the sake of it.

ti vu

Underwhelming.

Don't know where to ask this but Januzaj is still available as free agent after released by Real Sociedad, right? Can we go for him instead and play Sancho on the left, if we're so desperate.

Judas

Open to offers
Underwhelming.

Don't know where to ask this but Januzaj is still available as free agent after released by Real Sociedad, right? Can we go for him instead and play Sancho on the right.
That would be a truly depressing decision, yes it would fit in with the current mood, but no thanks. Talk about underwhelming.

ti vu

That would be a truly depressing decision, yes it would fit in with the current mood, but no thanks. Talk about underwhelming.
It's a depressing and desperate suggestion. But IMO, this Gakpo kid is not even worth buying for any fee over 20mil.

It's not just one game against Monaco. I have watched him playing in PSV and Netherland NT over a dozen time. Same impression.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
How many seasons has Sancho played in EPL compared to Rashford?

Sancho still has benefit of the doubt because he only had one season in EPL, season which we as a club have been shambles. Rashford has played many seasons and has steadily declined. If Sancho doesn't improve this season, sure - something is wrong with him, but Rashford is clearly in trouble and comparing him to Sancho just to save him is disingenuous

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
At this stage, there are no transfers united can realistically make which will make a significant difference to the way this season is likely to pan out. I'm at the point where I would accept a season finishing 6th-8th in which the manager was phasing out the likes of Fred, McTominay, Shaw, Dalot, Rashford, Maguire, Bissaka, Elanga, Ronaldo, Bruno, Beek and blooding players like Savage, Iqbal, Garnacho, McNeil such that by the end of the season, most of those mentioned are at best, on the bench. (it won't happen though obviously)

There will be pain, heavy defeats, terrible performances etc, but hopefully by the end of the season a clear style of play with players who are able to play it. Right now I am convinced too many of our old dogs are unable to learn any new tricks.

In short, end of the season can't come soon enough for me ;)

Speedicut75

Well said.
Sick of the supercilious hand waving that some engage in; while doing nothing but chide and belittle others for not indulging this ridiculous Pollyannaism that colour every opinion they themselves have, whether valid or not.

Dazzmondo

Disagree, I think he's right.

What was once kept for the match day thread has now spilled over into the rest of the forum... There is no benefit to the way a lot of posters go about with their constant negativity and moaning.... If done constructively then fair enough but a lot of the times on here it's flat out whining and moaning just for the sake of it.
I get people wanting to be positive. That's fine but people don't have a right to try to censor someone just because the other person's opionion of what the club is currently doing is negative. This is supposed to be a forum, a place for discussion and debate. Yet plenty on here just want to remove any debate from the equation because they're not comfortable with negativity. The reality is there's a lot of negativity at the moment because the club we love has been so poorly run for years and there are no signs of that improving.

SouthernRedDev

With how connected everything is to social media these days, it must be impossible for the players to avoid or be shielded from all the negativity and hate thrown at them, how they even step on the pitch knowing that a poor performance will see a barrage of anger directed toward them is beyond me. It must impact their performance

Yagami

Good post resistant
At this stage, there are no transfers united can realistically make which will make a significant difference to the way this season is likely to pan out. I'm at the point where I would accept a season finishing 6th-8th in which the manager was phasing out the likes of Fred, McTominay, Shaw, Dalot, Rashford, Maguire, Bissaka, Elanga, Ronaldo, Bruno, Beek and blooding players like Savage, Iqbal, Garnacho, McNeil such that by the end of the season, most of those mentioned are at best, on the bench. (it won't happen though obviously)

There will be pain, heavy defeats, terrible performances etc, but hopefully by the end of the season a clear style of play with players who are able to play it. Right now I am convinced too many of our old dogs are unable to learn any new tricks.

In short, end of the season can't come soon enough for me ;)
I disagree, mate.

One press resistant central midfielder and a forward who can dribble and keep the ball under pressure would make a huge difference this season. There’s players who fit those criteria’s out there we can still get, too, but we, as a club, seemingly have a blind eye when it comes to these players. We always go for lightweight ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.