Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dannn411

Maybe if Rashford left it may be the signal to really blow the whole thing up, do a fire sale and start again. If Rashford goes then all the so called "big" players need to go. Maguire, Shaw, De Gea, AWB, Martial . Only player i'd keep is Sancho.

edcunited1878

The fact that he's travelled to Turin but apparently not to Barcelona is probably not a great sign.
He's already been to Barcelona...the clubs agreed to a broad deal. United have already been engaged with FdJ agent, who also reps Malacia. Nothing concrete will happen until FdJ comes to his conclusion w Barca. Till then, United wait and do business with others like agreeing to a deal w the club (Juve) and now working out the player/agent.

Dazzmondo

The same people celebrating Rashford leaving would be crying in a couple months when Elanga is consistently starting. Rashford leaving would only make us worse than we already are.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
The same people celebrating Rashford leaving would be crying in a couple months when Elanga is consistently starting. Rashford leaving would only make us worse than we already are.
What is Rashford bringing to the team? He was invisible Vs Brighton. He was actually a detriment all last season. I still have nightmares about his performance Vs Atletico at Old Trafford. We would 100% sign a player to replace him if he went and we'd have to do terribly for them to be any worse.

Paul778

Thanks to @Adnan in the Marcus Rashford thread:
I mean seriously wtf. Is there anyone above 10 years old who actually believes this BS.

I thought Rob Dawson was a tier 1 or 2, and was somewhat less likely to trot out any old claptrap.

Godfather

Without buying a replacement yes. I think those who want him gone want the money for him spent in an adequate replacement

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I mean seriously wtf. Is there anyone above 10 years old who actually believes this BS.

I thought Rob Dawson was a tier 1 or 2, and was somewhat less likely to trot out any old claptrap.
Julien Laurens is reporting from PSG's end, whilst Rob Dawson is reporting about Dwayne meeting up with PSG as well as United not having yet be contacted by PSG. If it helps, Jason Burt and Sami Mokbel also reported similar things.

UTD_Since_1978

What is Rashford bringing to the team? He was invisible Vs Brighton. He was actually a detriment all last season. I still have nightmares about his performance Vs Atletico at Old Trafford. We would 100% sign a player to replace him if he went and we'd have to do terribly for them to be any worse.
Does make you wonder why money bags PSG would even be interested in signing him after the way he has been performing on a football pitch for the past year or so.

Paul778

Julien Laurens is reporting from PSG's end, whilst Rob Dawson is reporting about Dwayne meeting up with PSG as well as United not having yet be contacted by PSG. If it helps, Jason Burt and Sami Mokbel also reported similar things.
Are these reporting independently? It does look like a coordinated thing though.

To be fair, if the brother is going over to PSG to shake up some interest and that is proven it is actually news and should actually be reported. It would just be nice if the editorial line of the article actually recognised everyone involved is being played, because somehow Rashford feels like he's underpaid when his remuneration was about £500k per goal last season.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Are these reporting independently? It does look like a coordinated thing though.

To be fair, if the brother is going over to PSG to shake up some interest and that is proven it is actually news and should actually be reported. It would just be nice if the editorial line of the article actually recognised everyone involved is being played, because somehow Rashford feels like he's underpaid when his remuneration was about £500k per goal last season.
French journalists and UK ones will tend to have different sources yes.

sparx99

Utd would have to have one hell of an end to the window planned if they were considering letting Rashford leave.

He was awful last season but a lot of our season depends on Ten Hag getting a tune out of Rashford, Bruno and Sancho.

saivet

Utd would have to have one hell of an end to the window planned if they were considering letting Rashford leave.

He was awful last season but a lot of our season depends on Ten Hag getting a tune out of Rashford, Bruno and Sancho.
Yeah, for a club that clearly doesn't have a clue how to act in the transfer window, we can't afford to let Rashford leave so late in the transfer window this summer.

We're already short on players and quality and struggling to bring anyone in as it is.

kirk buttercup

IMO ETH was brought in to get the best out of what we have . We have plenty of players that have bags of talent but don't play. His job is to make us tick . Getting Rid of Rashford without giving ETH time to get the best out of him or even try doesn't seem likely or right to me . Rashford has been awful for a long time but I do believe there is a player in there. And I do believe ETH is the man to bring out that player.

3vra

As the food he is giving i would give him away for free. He just lost It as a player.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
More meetings to come between Murtough and Veronique:

EDIT: Source

Atalanta rejected the Kean-Muriel swap proposal.

Last edited:

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Rashford leaving would write this season off, it's a nonsense when we're so light up top.
Not if we use the funds to reach the Antony valuation or replace him with Gakpo. Rashford has been atrocious.

I would love it if we were ruthless for a change although even then it'll be because this overhyped excuse for an attacker wants to leave.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Not if we use the funds to reach the Antony valuation or replace him with Gakpo. Rashford has been atrocious.

I would love it if we were ruthless for a change although even then it'll be because this overhyped excuse for an attacker wants to leave.
Gakpo isn't close to Rashfords level, yet I may add. Antony I'd say isn't there just yet either but is a lot closer.

And that's even if we went out and spent the money again, we've saved a fortune in wages since last season and had a stupidly low spend this summer so far

SAFMUTD

More meetings to come between Murtough and Veronique:

EDIT: Source

Atalanta rejected the Kean-Muriel swap proposal.
I would rather get no one than Rabiot, he would solve nothing and he'll be another deadwood problem to get rid of before signing anyone.

I really don't understand why bring such an underperforming player, he has worse stats than McTominay in a weaker league ffs.

Tiber

Because even his "hopeless" level is above what Elanga or Amad can currently produce.

Unless you think we'll bring a good replacement in with a couple of weeks of the window left.
Are you a dreamer?
Yea where would we ever find a forward who never scores.

AndySmith1990

Because even his "hopeless" level is above what Elanga or Amad can currently produce.

Unless you think we'll bring a good replacement in with a couple of weeks of the window left.
Are you a dreamer?
His hopeless level is just that, hopeless, it's not above anyone's level because its hopeless

sparx99

His hopeless level is just that, hopeless, it's not above anyone's level because its hopeless
Yeah, Elanga was playing on merit at the back end of last season ahead of Rashford. That’s the harsh truth. We know Rashford has performed at a much higher level than Elanga previously but it’s getting further and further in the rear view mirror.

What’s particularly worrying is it’s not just missed chances like he had at the weekend but the work rate and general energy of his game has been so low for a long time now. He seems to spend a lot of the game walking.

Status
Not open for further replies.