Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Every day now is a different set of names. This is mental , I don't believe it's all true but we are being made out to be a complete circus
I can just imagine they have locked their office door and ETH is banging on the door screaming 'What the feck are you doing in there'?

captaincantona

How hard can this transfer lark be? I mean literally every other side in the world manages it without anything approaching the level of difficulty we seem to experience….and for what? When was our last actual positive bit of transfer business?

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Tielemans is in the last year of his contract and the prevailing figure that’s been quoted is in the region of £25m. Neves is also in the last year of his contract and would (I think) be available for the £30-35m mark.
Not seen any figures that low banded about for Neves tbh, don't think I've even seen less than £50m.

yamo123x

Murtough starting work at 6am every day working long days....he and his team are clearly absolutely useless.

Biggest summer we have had in years and this bloke has failed us.

avgp_1

Genuinely believe we should have a look at Guendouzi.. Should come cheap.

BlueHaze

Genuinely believe we should have a look at Guendouzi.. Should come cheap.
Get him and start him and Hannibal in midfield. This will majorly confuse rival teams.

Yes, Sideshow Bob & Mel in the middle. 100 IQ plays.

Vapor trail

To be fair - I credit the club in not caving in panic and offering obscene money for Rabiot.
I agree Rabiot stays at Juve he'll get paid less and used less. It's a position where the player has minimal sway or influence.

RuudTom83

You have to laugh…there is zero planning with any of these targets.

Absolute scatterbrain approach. WTF is going on.

AndySmith1990

I don't believe there is anything we can do in the reminder of the window that will enable us to achieve top 4. There's too much to be done and not enough competent people capable of doing it.

Also all we've had to offer over the last several years when luring players is bags of money. If we're going to be less reckless with the wages we offer - and we should - then we have absolutely no pull for elite players. No top player joins an unstable and chaotic club to play in the EL.

We really should accept our place in the second tier of football and structure ourselves like Dortmund. Bring in hungry young players and develop them. Buy smart, and rely on quality coaching and tactics (that is one thing we actually have in place, although I fear we'll quickly lose it if we're not careful) to get us back in to the CL. Once there, that's when we can start adding in elite players.

Obviously this requires actual scouting and a DoF who knows what he's doing. But that's my take on it. If we carry on the way we're going we can forget about CL and even the EL, because right now we are a shambles of a club and everyone is laughing at us. Arnold needs to pull his socks up and sort this shit out sharpish. Start by removing clowns like Murtough and Fletcher and bring in some experienced football men (shame they already let someone fitting that description go after ignoring everything he said, fecking morons)

avgp_1

Yeah, I wouldn't mind it at all. Statistically he outperformed FDJ in a lot of areas last season.
Especially if we can somehow get Caicedo or even Sangare or heck just get Gana. Them with Guendouzi makes so much sense

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
/I wish we wouldn't leak we're 'considering' players - especially unattainable ones! We look foolish. What is wrong with them?!

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I thought the media leaks were going to be different under Arnold? It’s still the same old ‘look at us considering all these elite players to bid for’ vibe. It’s absolutely pathetic. Do your talking and briefing when the deal is agreed.

Godfather

I thought the media leaks were going to be different under Arnold? It’s still the same old ‘look at us considering all these elite players to bid for’ vibe. It’s absolutely pathetic. Do your talking and briefing when the deal is agreed.
It's got even worse in all honesty

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Was it Di Maria that said it hurt to see himself linked with a move to Spurs? I expect Casemiro to express the same sentiment regarding United's interest.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
He would never get away with his dirty tricks here, not playing for Manchester United.
The guy would have to be dragged kicking and screaming here, This is a no go. Wish they would just aim for realistic targets. The hell is wrong with them?
Honestly can't wait for transfer window to end. ETH should just adjust things play wise until we can get suitable players for him. Oh and use the talented youth players. They might surprise us.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
The guy would have to be dragged kicking and screaming here, This is a no go. Wish they would just aim for realistic targets. The hell is wrong with them?
Honestly can't wait for transfer window to end. ETH should just adjust things play wise until we can get suitable players for him. Oh and use the talented youth players. They might surprise us.
I do agree. Think it is just the media having a laugh on us. Why would he leave Real Madrid to come to the bottom team in the PL.

ForeverRed1

Just have a look at tielemans and neves. It’s a instant upgrade and more realistic. Premier league proven.

going for world class top of the range players at winning clubs In their peak.. in a year where we are playing europa probably isn’t the one.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Just have a look at tielemans and neves. It’s a instant upgrade and more realistic. Premier league proven.

going for world class top of the range players at winning clubs In their peak.. in a year where we are playing europa probably isn’t the one.
It really shouldn’t take a genius to know that this is the strategy. Build a team to go up a level, then when that’s done sell and buy better. It really isn’t difficult.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
We won’t buy anyone.
ETH will grind results somehow with maybe someone unlikely (Donny?) emerging as a bit of a star.
Then we won’t buy anyone in winter too.

Status
Not open for further replies.