Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparx99

I agree with Mou Mou Land.

We've just seen City win 5 PL titles in 6 years, beat us in the FA Cup & win the Champions League thus equal our treble that we held so dear for so long & us UTD supporters are high fiving ourselves for finishing 3rd & winning the LC, standards have dropped since Sir Alex retired.
Jesus Christ. It's not about not wanting to win or expecting to win the League and CL. It's about being realistic about where the club has been. We just won our first trophy in 5-6 years. We have barely managed to finish in the CL places for the last decade. Typically one year in and the next year we miss out.

Quite frankly I couldn't care less what City or anybody else achieves. I only care about what we win. I think with the right additions we should be looking to compete for the PL & CL next season. Whether we sign a player in the next day or two or in July/August doesn't shift those goalposts. If we don't manage it next season but we make progress again (another cup, higher points total, decent CL showing) then this project under ETH will be moving in the right direction.

Erik the Red

We've just seen City win 5 PL titles in 6 years, beat us in the FA Cup & win the Champions League thus equal our treble that we held so dear for so long & us UTD supporters are high fiving ourselves for finishing 3rd & winning the LC, standards have dropped since Sir Alex retired.
It's not that fans are happy with 3rd place and a mickey mouse cup. Rather, for the first time since SAF, we have a manager who is actually improving players, has a game plan that he implements, and knows what he is doing. It took SAF three seasons to get us competitive, but you could see during those three years that he was slowly turning things around. That is true with ETH, and I'm not saying we will win the PL this season, but I fully expect us to be competitive, and that is what is getting the fans excited. The good times are just around the corner. All these naysayers who insist on negativity need to find a new club - may I suggest Chelsea, as they are likely to win every transfer window, buy lots of shiny new toys, but not win any silverware.

ArmaDino

What an absolute load of nonsense. We haven't been remotely close to challenging since SAF left. If anything we were closer to midtable despite the billion spent in the transfer market.

Now the first time since 2013 it actually looks that we have a manager that knows what he is doing and we are on an upward trajectory. We can finally see the negativity being lifted, but no... our standards are too low.

Hate to break it to you buddy, but we haven't been a top side in close to a decade. And you can blame those leeches at the top with Woody the lackey for turning one of the biggest clubs in the world into a meme.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Then what’s your alternative?
Pay the 90m right now? If so, you’ll moan about how bad United are at negotiating and that we should have waited because the player wants to leave.
Go and splurge 90m on Rice? But then we’d be complaining about overpaying.
Caicedo? Brighton will also make us pay over the odds. A few average games and we’ll turn on the scouts and complaining about how he’s not « good enough for United ».

That’s the same pattern of moaning and complaining every year.

Oh and by the way, I think recruiting Mount wouldn’t be really good business, whether we buy him now or at the end of the window. Just wanted to highlight how this place has turned negative regarding anything and everything the club does or doesn’t do.
Maybe move on to other targets? What justifies spending whole summer negotiating only to pay extra right at the death of the window?

Dazzmondo

PSG want to sell Mbappe this summer but absolutely not to Real Madrid :angel:

roseguy64

Jesus Christ. It's not about not wanting to win or expecting to win the League and CL. It's about being realistic about where the club has been. We just won our first trophy in 5-6 years. We have barely managed to finish in the CL places for the last decade. Typically one year in and the next year we miss out.

Quite frankly I couldn't care less what City or anybody else achieves. I only care about what we win. I think with the right additions we should be looking to compete for the PL & CL next season. Whether we sign a player in the next day or two or in July/August doesn't shift those goalposts. If we don't manage it next season but we make progress again (another cup, higher points total, decent CL showing) then this project under ETH will be moving in the right direction.
This pretty much

NLunited

I know this is hyperbole mixed with frustration, but we will definitely buy at least 4 players by the end of the window and won't sign WW or Sabitzer - we'll just end up with 3rd best options in at least 3 of those slots, in terms of quality and value for money, as rivals seize upon opportunities opening up right now in terms of free transfers, release clauses and players from 'lesser' leagues willing to spend a year or two as squad players in return for CL and PL minutes.

Biggest issue is that the managing Glazers function as both parasite and infection, without getting rid of which we won't even really perform 'on par' let alone better, even with the best scouting team and ETH at the top of his game. However, I think it would also serve us well to have whoever takes over (and approaches next summer's window, which will be the first 'proper' one we'll have had since 2007, despite the glitzy signing since then) to get rid of most of the residues/glazer legacies on the 'sporting direction//senior recruitment side.

I think there's a bad version of institutional memory at play, a tolerance for mediocrity to the marrow and this, more than Woodward's 'special' decisions regarding specific contracts and his theory of squad value for the purposes of satisfying the lenders, is why we cling to retaining so many average players. We need a SD/team to work with and push against when necessary, Ten Hag in order to prune the squad to have no 'weak' spots and no fat, which will also help with blooding young players and persuading new youngsters to join with the hope of a pathway there...
Sounds good.

Mou Mou Land

We made good progress, what were you expecting from last season?
The defence is paper thin and vulnerable.
The midfield is virtually non existent, and those who are there are always outnumbered and outrun.
The wingplay was awful.
We had no forwards.
The team selection and substitution policies were amateurish and predictable.

Tell me where the improvements were.
It's not that fans are happy with 3rd place and a mickey mouse cup. Rather, for the first time since SAF, we have a manager who is actually improving players, has a game plan that he implements, and knows what he is doing. It took SAF three seasons to get us competitive, but you could see during those three years that he was slowly turning things around. That is true with ETH, and I'm not saying we will win the PL this season, but I fully expect us to be competitive, and that is what is getting the fans excited. The good times are just around the corner. All these naysayers who insist on negativity need to find a new club - may I suggest Chelsea, as they are likely to win every transfer window, buy lots of shiny new toys, but not win any silverware.
The standard reaction of a fan who does not like an opposing point of view to his own - it is such a pathetic rejoinder, worthy of a playground.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
The midfield is virtually non existent, and those who are there are always outnumbered and outrun.
The wingplay was awful.
We had no forwards.

The standard reaction of a fan who does not like an opposing point of view to his own - it is such a pathetic rejoinder, worthy of a playground.
I'll just presume you're on a wind up here. Where the improvements were? Apart from league position? Or trophies? Or progression in competitions? Goals conceded? Goals scored? General style of play? Mood in the camp? Connection with the fans? Everyone knows there's a long way to go but to say we're not progressing is nonsense.

redcucumber

The wingplay was awful.
We had no forwards.

If you genuinely need other people to point out where the improvements were I don't blame them for having zero patience with you. Conversing with someone willfully ignorant to the blindingly obvious progress we've all witnessed would be a textbook forum debate of an exercise in futility.

K Stand Knut

Anyone having problem with tweets? I can't see any of them. "This tweet is unavailable"
Not really an answer but try clicking on them.

I’ve just had two that both said ‘unavailable’ but then opened when I clicked.

Unfortunately, one was Rickie Lambert being a bell sniff

Phil

The wingplay was awful.
We had no forwards.
Shit we must have come last in the league. Good thing you thought the keeper was good though?

Status
Not open for further replies.