Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redfrog

That's the one problem I see with signing 2 central midfielders - Fred, McT, 2 new midfielders and Bruno - needless to say, Garner will struggle to get gametime.
Well, I don’t see why he can’t get ahead of McTominay or Fred if he is good. We can’t give a free pass to young players. If they are good enough they will play.

edcunited1878

La Liga's transfer window doesn't open until 1 July...a transaction of this magnitude isn't going to officially happen in the closed season, which it is for the other party (Barca).

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
That's nothing to do with your logic of 'they won't announce a transfer of this magnitude outside the window' which is absolute bollocks.

They announced Ferran Torres at the end of December before the January window.

edcunited1878

That's nothing to do with your logic of 'they won't announce a transfer of this magnitude outside the window' which is absolute bollocks.

They announced Ferran Torres at the end of December before the January window.
Torres being announced in the middle of an active season versus a player of FdJ's magnitude and financial importance for Barca and their La Liga rules is not comparable.

This is a close season, there's ZERO club football happening right now.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Torres being announced in the middle of an active season versus a player of FdJ's magnitude and financial importance for Barca and their La Liga rules is not comparable.

This is a close season, there's ZERO club football happening right now.
What are you talking about mate? Transfers are announced outside of the window all of the time.

Transfers can be announced whenever the clubs want. Just because it's announced doesn't mean it's officially completed. It's very common now to see the 'pending medical' announcement. See this being no different.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Leeds would have him as a replacement for Phillips. He's a decent premiership player and other clubs would be interested. No idea where you get no other club would want to buy him, it's a silly stance to take.
Do y’all have him on silly wages? I agree he is a reliable PL midfielder that is a bit clumsy on tackles and losses his shit for no reason at times. One of the few players on your squad that plays with passion whenever he steps on the pitch, even if it gets him carded at times.

edcunited1878

What are you talking about mate? Transfers are announced outside of the window all of the time.

Transfers can be announced whenever the clubs want. Just because it's announced doesn't mean it's officially completed. It's very common now to see the 'pending medical' announcement. See this being no different.
Transfers are annonced when it suits both parties and the financial ramifications are set in stone. Yeah, for FdJ, it's going to take a little bit longer and it's pacing really well. This isn't some second tier player who hasn't played football in months. FdJ's 21/22 football season literally just ended less than 10 days ago. He's on holiday, but has been briefed by his agents, Barca, and United via EtH.

Barca clearly is doing the same thing with Raphinha, Lewandowski, and a whole host of their other transfers...who are free. It's just not United's POV, they are also dealing with Barca and La Liga rules that they have to meet for their purposes.

Dazzmondo

If there is no release clause as has been reported then that's a really good deal.

Dazzmondo

The source:

This explains why we started inquiring about Bachmann yesterday.
Personally still don't think we need Bachman. Heaton's a better goalkeeper imo. Also a good chance Henderson could come back at the end of the season which means we'll need to make a decision on how many keepers we realistically need. De Gea, Heaton and Kovar would be fine for the season imo. Feels like another Lee Grant situation where he will never play and will be getting paid for nothing (good chance he ended up snitching to the media too on top of all of that). His wage will also probably be higher than Grant's since he's already a part of a former PL side.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Personally still don't think we need Bachman. Heaton's a better goalkeeper imo. Also a good chance Henderson could come back at the end of the season which means we'll need to make a decision on how many keepers we realistically need. De Gea, Heaton and Kovar would be fine for the season imo. Feels like another Lee Grant situation where he will never play and will be getting paid for nothing (good chance he ended up snitching to the media too on top of all of that). His wage will also probably be higher than Grant's since he's already a part of a former PL side.
Yeah, I'm with you on that. I'd rather have a young #3 from the upcoming U21 side than a brand new #2 to make Heaton the #3.

ThanksBoss26

Yeah, I'm with you on that. I'd rather have a young #3 from the upcoming U21 side than a brand new #2 to make Heaton the #3.
Can’t see Heaton hanging around to be no.3 again either. Think he only signed on the expectation one of the others would head off last summer.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Wouldn’t mind if we didn’t seem to have this weird only work on one at a time strategy.
You're way Offside with such forward going conclusions.

Somebody needs to fax Eriksen we're actually serious about getting him. :nervous:

Giggsyking

Where's this coming from? I haven't see any Tweet, article, or YouTube video on this. I am aware that he was talking on BBC 5 Live radio a couple of days back, but I'm not sure if he went back to them for this update.
his talk on hayters tv

Giggsyking

Where's this coming from? I haven't see any Tweet, article, or YouTube video on this. I am aware that he was talking on BBC 5 Live radio a couple of days back, but I'm not sure if he went back to them for this update.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Can’t see Heaton hanging around to be no.3 again either. Think he only signed on the expectation one of the others would head off last summer.
Someone says yesterday that there was a rumour of Heaton going to boro on loan. But he’s out of contract in late June. We have an option for another year but why would we do that to send him on loan?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Thanks. I wasn't expecting Hayters TV to become this big, but I'm happy to have found the source of this info.

If this becomes an arduous saga, then I'd be surprised if we don't secure anyone else until after July. With that said, Ornstein only suggested this "may be a long and painful process" with no mention of this being the expectation.

ThanksBoss26

Someone says yesterday that there was a rumour of Heaton going to boro on loan. But he’s out of contract in late June. We have an option for another year but why would we do that to send him on loan?
That’s true re Boro, Alan Nixon reported it the Sunday before last I think.
He’s got a year left before the option. If we were to loan him out we may as well just sell him instead for a small fee. Personally I think he’s fine to be number 2.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
That’s true re Boro, Alan Nixon reported it the Sunday before last I think.
He’s got a year left before the option. If we were to loan him out we may as well just sell him instead for a small fee. Personally I think he’s fine to be number 2.
I thought he was out of contract this June. I’d prefer we kept him as number 2, seems very professional and capable keeper

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Source for those who are interested:
Bayern's big move: Cristiano for Lewandowski

The Portuguese star wants to leave Manchester United and Bayern are thinking of him to replace the Pole's possible move to Barcelona.
I'm expecting the more reliable journalists to deny this story by tomorrow. Note that this is AS's own info; they aren't getting this from elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.