Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
No wonder we're not signing FdJ. With our one-deal-at-a-time process we're trying to get the backup keeper over the line first before we move onto secondary targets.
This is so wrong it's unbelievable.

Offered a deal to Eriksen
In talks with Antony
In talks with FDJ
Spoken to Timber
Now Bachmann.

What's wrong with the constant negativity around our club. No wonder the club's toxic at the moment. We all seemingly hate the club we are supposed to love!

Sea-Cow

Sancho at £70m ish was basically due to the covid situation, Dortmund and United were in uncharted territory at that point, I wouldn't say £70m and £250k a week was/is a bargain.

And to say we haven't been stung since then is a little disingenuous as we've only really signed Sancho (debatable), Varane (unfortunate with injuries) and Ronaldo (wages are huge) - we've signed Amad who didn't show anything in first team football when we paid 18m for him - nearly forgot VDB at £32m too.

It's fair to say we've overpaid consistently.

@Daengophile there will always be a reason to keep pursuing a certain transfer - but if the other side isn't budging, even though they're in a financial mess, then showing backbone and setting boundaries to other clubs then that's worth more.
Sorry to be pedantic but not exactly nothing.... he had that really nice header against Milan. I think it was the winner and was what got us to the next round in the Europa League.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Flamengo aren't giving up on Andreas Pereira.

Source: ESPN Brasil

Flamengo VP Marcos Braz on Andreas:
Three months ago it was widely reported that Flamengo had closed with Andreas. A month later they said that Flamengo had dropped Andreas. And that’s not it. Flamengo is still looking for an alternative for the player to stay here.

It’s very difficult, a very complex situation. He is a young player, who has a lot of market, and from a financially powerful club. So when you go to discuss some terms, you have limits to advance on this topic, but Flamengo still works for the maintenance of the player.

Hoof the ball

This is so wrong it's unbelievable.

Offered a deal to Eriksen
In talks with Antony
In talks with FDJ
Spoken to Timber
Now Bachmann.

What's wrong with the constant negativity around our club. No wonder the club's toxic at the moment. We all seemingly hate the club we are supposed to love!
Have you not been paying attention to any and all journalistic pieces that explicitly stated that our position on transfers previously, and indeed still, is based on a one-at-a-time model?

There's enough journo pieces out there, heavens knows.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Flamengo aren't giving up on Andreas Pereira.

Source: ESPN Brasil

Flamengo VP Marcos Braz on Andreas:
We need to tell these cnuts to feck off, what clubs has the balls to sign a player on loan for a year with an agreed upon option to buy, only for that club to turn around and say they want a longer loan?

If you want him pay what you agreed last year.

@Sea-Cow I said when we signed him, so he didn't play much for Atalanta before we shelled out 18m.

sparx99

you dont offer to pay off the whole contract, you give a choice of either a lump sum percentage now or they spend the next two seasons with the stiffs...
yeah, I know how mutual terminations work. I’m saying even if he refused an offer it’s worth it to move him on. The club needs to cut ties with players who’ve been here too long. Freshen up the place.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Have you not been paying attention to any and all journalistic pieces that explicitly stated that our position on transfers previously, and indeed still, is based on a one-at-a-time model?

There's enough journo pieces out there, heavens knows.
No, no it's not.

If that was the case, Eriksen would not have been offered a deal. Which he has been.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Out of curiosity, which piece is the "indeed still" based on? Every piece that I've read only states this about our past dealings. No one has said that we still operate in this manner. The only thing I've read about our transfer dealings that seems similar to the past regime is how we were slower in our communications with Núñez than Liverpool were.

Ted Lasso

Surely someone has to take a punt on Bailly.

He's easily worth 10 mil euros.
Also, Jones....if injuries are behind him, he's better then 30% of defenders in the league.

Tuanzebe, sell him as well.

Promote Mengi and buy Timber.
A lot of folks across industries are holding off on buying timber. Prices sky high because of the supply shortages.

Charles Miller

Give us 5m and he’s yours for keeps
They would take it. Marcos Braz realy loves him. He's probably taking time waiting a couple of positives results to calm down Flamengo fans, but they keep struggling. But there is a very reliable journalist Vene Casagrande (dont know if he is banned here) who said on a live last week that, in contact with Flamengo board, they told him that the message coming from United is they have a european club ready to sign Pereira.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
They would take it. Marcos Braz realy loves him. He's probably taking time waiting a couple of positives results to calm down Flamengo fans, but they keep struggling. But there is a very reliable journalist Vene Casagrande (dont know if he is banned here) who said on a live last week that, in contact with Flamengo board, they told him that the message coming from United is they have a european club ready to sign Pereira.
Oh yeah, Casagrande's really good. I believe I posted a Tweet of his a while back that mentioned the European interest.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Hmmm sounds like United bs to me

joedirt87

Heaton or one of the under 23 keepers can't spell De Gea for a few games that the club needs to go and spend money on just in case De Gea gets hurt emergency move?

Status
Not open for further replies.