Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Its not wrong.
When people day one deal at a time, we mean we cant advance beyond preliminary enquiries for more than one at a go. This has happened last many windows ago.

When you say in talks for xyz, not a single bid was made. So the talks arent exactly proving your point beyond the fact that we can "ask" about a player.
Yes but Eriksen has been offered a contract

M4YON

That is what the hold up is. Deciding between Brentford and United doesn't require weeks.

Others have reported on it. He's waiting to see if Spurs are interested or not.
I belive he has offers from outside of the PL, he is weighing them all up but prefers to stay in London.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
It might actually make sense to cash in on Garner now when his stock is high. £25m with a buy back clause wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world. Also means we have some additional spend through sales to cover the £10m difference in FdJ and the £10m difference in Antony.

We need to get a lot smarter with how we deal with players who’s stock has risen.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
It might actually make sense to cash in on Garner now when his stock is high. £25m with a buy back clause wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world. Also means we have some additional spend through sales to cover the £10m difference in FdJ and the £10m difference in Antony.

We need to get a lot smarter with how we deal with players who’s stock has risen.
He’s the only half decent holding mid we’ve got in the whole squad. Let ETH assess him first and if he impresses give him a chance to take that spot. Would save us tens of millions in the future.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
He’s the only half decent holding mid we’ve got in the whole squad. Let ETH assess him first and if he impresses give him a chance to take that spot. Would save us tens of millions in the future.
He could be the answer to our problems, but I think we’ve earmarked Lisandro Martinez for that role.

Meaning selling him for, say, £25m with a buy back clause that needs to be exercised in 2 years makes good sense.

redcucumber

I'd rather cash in on McTominay and give Garner a chance.

GledTheRed

He's not, that's the opposite of what this tweet implies. Tottenham have moved on as they believe he won't choose them.
Tottenham might have got an impression he want keen and immediately moved on to other targets.

Meanwhile we are sucking off FDJ to join.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
United raises its offer to 65 million for De Jong, but it does not reach the 75 that Barcelona wants.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Raising an offer that we know they’ll reject

M4YON

That's the one problem I see with signing 2 central midfielders - Fred, McT, 2 new midfielders and Bruno - needless to say, Garner will struggle to get gametime.
Even If we bring in Erkiksen and De Jong then Garners main competition will still only be Fred and Mctominay for a spot alongside De Jong. Hardly the hardest competition, still, depends on how ETH wants to play.

Zed 101

Even If we bring in Erkiksen and De Jong then Garners main competition will still only be Fred and Mctominay for a spot alongside De Jong. Hardly the hardest competition, still, depends on how ETH wants to play.
Mejbri ?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Who the feck is this guy :lol:
He covers Barcelona for Marca and tends to have some decent scoops. I'd wait to see if others corroborate that bit of news, though. He was the first person to break out our news of the initial offer, and he got the base fee correct whilst no one else really covered the variable payment amounts.

Widow

He covers Barcelona for Marca and tends to have some decent scoops. I'd wait to see if others corroborate that bit of news, though. He was the first person to break out our news of the initial offer, and he got the base fee correct whilst no one else really covered the variable payment amounts.
It seems there is a newish name reporting info every day.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
It seems there is a newish name reporting info every day.
He's been around for a while. I've even posted his Marca articles in the past. For someone who works for Marca, he has solid connections with Barcelona though he's not necessarily top tier. Barcelona fans seem to think he's more speculative, but he's rarely been wrong from what I've seen.

Tavern in the town

Yep. Sort of thing Liverpool have been doing for years.

Red_toad

DId you miss the 'stock is high' point?

Nobody wants to buy McTominay.
Leeds would have him as a replacement for Phillips. He's a decent premiership player and other clubs would be interested. No idea where you get no other club would want to buy him, it's a silly stance to take.

redcucumber

DId you miss the 'stock is high' point?

Nobody wants to buy McTominay.
McTominay would fetch a higher sum than Garner, I reckon. The fact it's even a debate is damning of McTominay, who has been a first choice midfielder for United for years now but still.

Superden

Leeds would have him as a replacement for Phillips. He's a decent premiership player and other clubs would be interested. No idea where you get no other club would want to buy him, it's a silly stance to take.
He turns into prime Zico whenever hes played Leeds. perhaps that might convince them?

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
We have a ton of players that nobody else wants and are struggling to sell them or get interest in them, it's absolutely not a silly stance to take.

And yes, before you say it, we're not looking to sell McTominay. I don't imagine it would be any different though.

Red_toad

We have a ton of players that nobody else wants and are struggling to sell them or get interest in them, it's absolutely not a silly stance to take.

And yes, before you say it, we're not looking to sell McTominay. I don't imagine it would be any different though.
You stated no one would want to buy him. I disagree and would be confident we could offload him pretty easily if he were put up for sale. So yep it's a silly stance as you're now backtracking and brining in other players who are not Scott.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
You stated no one would want to buy him. I disagree and would be confident we could offload him pretty easily if he were put up for sale. So yep it's a silly stance as you're now backtracking and brining in other players who are not Scott.
Fine, let's keep it to Scott, who's had a crap season on the back of not much of a breakout, isn't a particularly noteworthy player and stinks it up for his national team in the wrong position too and we're a club known to be utterly terrible for selling players. He's not gonna be sold easily. No backtracking.

Red_toad

Fine, let's keep it to Scott, who's had a crap season on the back of not much of a breakout, isn't a particularly noteworthy player and stinks it up for his national team in the wrong position too and we're a club known to be utterly terrible for selling players. He's not gonna be sold easily. No backtracking.
:lol: you're all over the shop. Go have a lie down

Status
Not open for further replies.