Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Going off a reliability scale from Reshad Rahman Foot Mercato are supposed to be reliable.
I see. I'm guessing you're basing this on his Dembélé Tweet yesterday, right?

Anyways, Reshad Rahman has stated in the past that he rates reports, not sources, for their reliability. On Foot Mercato specifically, here's what he said about them in 2020:
I'd consider this a generous comment on them, too. They're the French version of CaughtOffside: they are very speculative but have 1-2 journalists who get hits from time to time (Santi Aouna, Sébastien Denis).

M4YON

I see. I'm guessing you're basing this on his Dembélé Tweet yesterday, right?

Anyways, Reshad Rahman has stated in the past that he rates reports, not sources, for their reliability. On Foot Mercato specifically, here's what he said about them in 2020:

I'd consider this a generous comment on them, too. They're the French version of CaughtOffside: they are very speculative but have 1-2 journalists who get hits from time to time (Santi Aouna, Sébastien Denis).
Yes I reviewed a number of sources yesterday off a few reliability scales and added them to my twitter. You seem to know a little more about them you reckon remove it?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Yes I reviewed a number of sources yesterday off a few reliability scales and added them to my twitter. You seem to know a little more about them you reckon remove it?
I'd say so, yeah. Unless the original story is from either Santi Aouna or Sébastian Denis, it's not worth looking at. Even then, I wouldn't trust the aggregators' coverage of their reports as some of it can be misleading.

M4YON

I'd say so, yeah. Unless the original story is from either Santi Aouna or Sébastian Denis, it's not worth looking at. Even then, I wouldn't trust the aggregators' coverage of their reports as some of it can be misleading.
Removed until I can see another reliable source ;)

M4YON

Wan Bissaka definitely not in ETH plans and are assessing any offers that come in for the full back.

lysglimt

Scout
Nothing went wrong. He was never any good.
Defensively he is extremely good - but he never developed going forward. And Rangnick first and now ETH wants attacking full-backs.....which means the end of the line for AWB at United

Nero

Defensively he is extremely good - but he never developed going forward. And Rangnick first and now ETH wants attacking full-backs.....which means the end of the line for AWB at United
I don't even think he's that good defensively. He's constantly caught sleeping from crosses. Barely makes any effort when balls are played over top.

The only thing he's pretty good at is one on one defending.

Judas

Open to offers
He really really really isn’t extremely good defensively. He can slide tackle. That’s where his qualities end in that department. He’s constantly out of position, constantly playing the opposition onside, constantly playing like he’s not really focused on what’s going on.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
If we're talking about Wan Bissaka, he gets caught in very bad defensive positions very often. His tackling is good but a player with good positional awareness doesn't need to tackle as often as he does.

pascell

De Jong, Malacia, Eriksen, Antony and Timber/Martinez would be a good summer. Especially if we can get buyers for Telles, Martial, Bailly, Jones etc then we might have enough in the pot for one more late CM signing.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
De Jong, Malacia, Eriksen, Antony and Timber/Martinez would be a good summer. Especially if we can get buyers for Telles, Martial, Bailly, Jones etc then we might have enough in the pot for one more late CM signing.
Only thing I'd change here is Martial. I would keep him to back up Ronaldo as we don't have any other option there currently and have to fill all the needs you've mentioned. Also, we'll struggle to find a good buyer giving his form and wages.

Dobba

At the mercy of Google Translate here as my French wasn't any good at school, nevermind 20 years of non-use later. Long story short, L'Equipe are reporting he's chosen United.

Last edited:

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
If we're talking about Wan Bissaka, he gets caught in very bad defensive positions very often. His tackling is good but a player with good positional awareness doesn't need to tackle as often as he does.
Seem to remember that was a key thing in the old Rio v Terry debates where people loved Terry for throwing himself into tackles whereas the smart folk knew positioning was key.

Wan Bissaka is as bad as it gets positionally.

croadyman

Yep. I wonder what exactly is pivotal about McTominay in a squad with Fred, VdB, Bruno, De Jong and supposedly Eriksen in it? We should have sold him now and used the funds for an RB or an actual DM.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.
Yeah still concerned about no RB or DM

croadyman

I can understand why we wouldn't want to sell McTominay right now. He's probably the only player we have that can kinda play a holding midfield role. He can't play it well but his defensive positioning is decent which we can't really say for any of our other midfielders (not counting FDJ). Maybe Garner's positioning is good too? I don't really know, from what I saw of him last season (only a couple matches and some highlights) he looks like he plays much more advanced than when he first joined Forest.
Yeah think that's why we won't sell him

Ahmer Baig

Funny isn’t it, all smiles yesterday and getting the boot today. Must have been a really bad training session or I expect it’s just balls.
I was talking about transfer activities but you are also not wrong. ETH must be like are these even professional football players.

DULLAGHAN

God if we could somehow get him moving on the pitch and not out the door he’d be brilliant.

Shame he’s injury prone and lazy as feck.
I can't seem to drop that dreamy hope from that liverpool goal, its up there with Ronaldos cameo against bolton all those years ago.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Wan Bissaka suited the team when we played the low block. Rarely got beaten on the wing. Struggled when we needed him to be in possession but showed definite improvement in his 2nd year, racked up 5 assists. Fell off a ledge in his 3rd year. His positional IQ was all over the place and his last ditch tackle wasn't as effective, better wingers figuring him out most likely.

These are only rumours but apparently he was fined and even suspended internally for training tardiness. Apparently multiple "miscommunications" about injury recovery also.

That and the publicized baby momma dramas :nono:

worldinmotion66

Wan Bissaka suited the team when we played the low block. Rarely got beaten on the wing. Struggled when we needed him to be in possession but showed definite improvement in his 2nd year, racked up 5 assists. Fell off a ledge in his 3rd year. His positional IQ was all over the place and his last ditch tackle wasn't as effective, better wingers figuring him out most likely.

These are only rumours but apparently he was fined and even suspended internally for training tardiness. Apparently multiple "miscommunications" about injury recovery also.

Driving ban too. Seems like a guy that makes terrible decisions on and off the pitch. It's a shame because he has some good qualities and is still a young man. He's just lost his way.

lysglimt

Scout

This is more accurate - everyone can agree that AWB was awful last season, but before that, he rarely made those mistakes that he was criticized before earlier in this thread. And to the person who claimed this - we have made dozens of worse transfers than this. At least AWB was very good for 2 seasons before he fell off the wagon - we have paid a lot of money for players who never even came close to being regulars at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.