Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bestietom

Do we really need Eriksen? On a free it's great and all, but we already have like 2 or 3 CMs that more or less fit his profile. What we need is a DM to play alongside De Jong and I'm not seeing any links whatsoever.
Kone or Sangare would be nice.

prateik

If we are taking money into account, it has to be Sanchez.. shockingly bad.. looked worse than a reserve/U18 player for most of his time here and was on crazy wages and cost us a mikhtarian (25-35m if there was no swap and just the sale of mikhtarian)

GioF

David Bellion for me. However, he wasn't expensive, so that does mitigate a bit when considering his degree of crapness.
I will always have a soft spot for Bellion….was at OT watching the game and he came on with a few minutes to go and my dad said he was garbage. He said if he scores he’d buy me the new PES game. Needless to say he scored and I bagged myself a new game!!

As a 12/13 yr old it was a decent result!

OmarUnited4ever

The article explains what 30th June 2022 means to Barcelona, hence, maybe we see a deal for De Jong confirmed today or tomorrow.

padzilla

Hipster
Dong Fangzhou, Gabriel Obertan, Massimo Taibi, etc. The list is endless of duds we've had.
Remember Taibi got man of the match in his debut at Anfield despite coming out for a cross and getting nowhere near it and allowing Hyppia a free header into an empty net.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
If Atletico are in a mire, I'd definitely ask what a price for Joao Felix would be. If we can get him for 80M that would be solid business to shore up at striker. It isn't like we are likely to spend in January anyways.

lysglimt

Scout
While they were all terrible, most of them weren't exactly expensive
True but £3.5 million was still a nice amount of money almost 20 years ago - only 3 players that summer were signed by P.L clubs for more than £10 million - so £3.5 million in 2005 was not that much cheaper than £50 million in 2019. Cheaper yes - but not a lot cheaper.

Veron however was a much worse signing than AWB - by a mile.

EtH

It’s relative though right. £7m on Bebe at the time was still a decent whack.
Not remotely compared to £50m for AWB. The Brexit FC fees for he and Maguire are the worst money we’ve ever spent. The players were never remotely worth those outlays. It was pure madness.

Elcabron

I will always have a soft spot for Bellion….was at OT watching the game and he came on with a few minutes to go and my dad said he was garbage. He said if he scores he’d buy me the new PES game. Needless to say he scored and I bagged myself a new game!!

As a 12/13 yr old it was a decent result!
Ha nice memory. No wonder you have a soft spot for him.

Did we not end up selling him to Sunderland or something? Or getting him from Sunderland on a free maybe? Once you can get rid quickly without much of a loss then it shouldn't be classed in 'worst signing ever basket'.

Baxter

Almost certainly shite but Sport saying FDJ doens't want to go.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

Almost certainly shite but Sport saying FDJ doens't want to go.
You'd like to think we got the go ahead from de Jong ages ago, it just doesn't seem feasible a deal has progressed this far without him giving the green light.

lysglimt

Scout
You'd like to think we got the go ahead from de Jong ages ago, it just doesn't seem feasible a deal has progressed this far without him giving the green light.
FDJ - I want to stay
ETH - Frenkie wants to play for me
Barca - and we want to sell him
FDJ - But ..... I want to stay
ETH - I will make you the key-player
Barca - we need the money so we will let him go
ETH - brilliant
FDJ - But but...I want to stay at Barcelona
ETH - so when can we get him over for a medical ?
Barrca - monday at the latest
FDJ - I WANT TO STAY
ETH - brilliant. See you on monday Frenkie ?
FDJ - Sure boss.

TsuWave

All these doesn’t want to leave reports are annoying. OK, we get it. Just pack him up and send him over here.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
FDJ - I want to stay
ETH - Frenkie wants to play for me
Barca - and we want to sell him
FDJ - But ..... I want to stay
ETH - I will make you the key-player
Barca - we need the money so we will let him go
ETH - brilliant
FDJ - But but...I want to stay at Barcelona
ETH - so when can we get him over for a medical ?
Barrca - monday at the latest
FDJ - I WANT TO STAY
ETH - brilliant. See you on monday Frenkie ?
FDJ - Sure boss.
@Henrik Larsson

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud

The article explains what 30th June 2022 means to Barcelona, hence, maybe we see a deal for De Jong confirmed today or tomorrow.
Feel we should be all over clubs in difficult situations (I am sure we are) but Kounde at Sevilla and Valencia surely have someone worth trying to get?

NewYorkRed

Its bollocks. There’s no way we go this deep into negotiations without knowing whether the player is willing to join or not.
Yeah surely we've gotten the yes from him already, otherwise all this negotiating would have been rather pointless. Still doesn't change the fact that this is making me nervous though, can't wait for it to be official. He would be an unreal signing.

ShinjiNinja26

Yeah surely we've gotten the yes from him already, otherwise all this negotiating would have been rather pointless. Still doesn't change the fact that this is making me nervous though, can't wait for it to be official. He would be an unreal signing.
Aye the sooner this is all wrapped up the better seeing as ETH sees him as pivotal in implementing his style of play.

Status
Not open for further replies.