Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedDevilRoshi

Clean sheets don't tell you a huge amount about a keeper, especially if you're dominating games against poor opposition in cups and the Europa.

I just don't trust him, never have and he's had knee problems for years.
You are just contradicting yourself :lol:

First it’s “he's not good at keeping the ball out of the netwhich was sour grapes as the stats show his clean sheet record for a number 2 is pretty damn impressive and whenever he was called upon, he was conceding less than two goals a game. Now it’s clean sheets don’t tell you a huge amount.

Withnail

You are just contradicting yourself :lol:

First it’s “he's not good at keeping the ball out of the netwhich was sour grapes as the stats show his clean sheet record for a number 2 is pretty damn impressive and whenever he was called upon, he was conceding less than two goals a game. Now it’s clean sheets don’t tell you a huge amount.
That's no a contradiction there. Clean sheets don't tell you how good a keeper is at making saves. You need performance against post shot xg for that and a proper sample size. From what I've seen he's not a good shot stopper and has let in goals against PL opposition that a PL standard keeper saves. He never really got a run in the PL so I understand why you won't have the same opinion. I don't think it's a runner anyway as this seems to be coming from his side and not from United. Don't want to derail this any further as he has his own thread anyway.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
He can't be counted on at all imo and his knees are in bits. In the Europa against poor teams he's alright but he's not good at keeping the ball out of the net despite everyone on here loving him for some reason.
He’s surely better than Bachman

GledTheRed

Eh no, he was told he could leave after Henderson returned from loan. His agent Raiola then negotiates a transfer to Everton despite presumably knowing United didn't want to sell to another PL club. And then like many of Mino's clients he kicks up a stink then refuses to leave anywhere else and runs his contract down. feck him, let him enjoy Serie B.

Pattern my arse.
New tattoo?

stevoc

I don't see how his wages were relevant. We have a lot of moany cnuts that earn more, including another backup GK.
Which other club would have given him £60-80k a week to sit on the bench?

Of course once he was told he could leave and might not be getting those sorts of wages anymore he wasn't so professional then. Was awkward, tried to force a move United didn't want, moaned, skipped training for months and sat out his contract not playing. That's why it's relevant.

TsuWave

I’ve never seen a player build up the type of reputation Romero has by not playing

bizarre stuff

klayton88

He played 61 times for us and kept 39 clean sheets. Conceded 27 goals at a rate of less than a goal every 2 games.
Don't come in here with your facts and expect somebody to change their stance!

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Clean sheets don't tell you a huge amount about a keeper, especially if you're dominating games against poor opposition in cups and the Europa.

I just don't trust him, never have and he's had knee problems for years.
Mate shut up, you're chatting out your arse double downing.

ChaddyP

Don't really see what's so controversial in that. Ddg at his best last year barely had a clean sheet and probably conceded the most goals he's ever conceded in a united shirt.

Having 30 shots against you and conceding a goal or 2 shost on target against you and keeping a clean sheet means that clean sheets kinda mean feck all in the grand scheme things for a keeper

Withnail

Mate shut up, you're chatting out your arse double downing.
Sure I am.
Don't really see what's so controversial in that. Ddg at his best last year barely had a clean sheet and probably conceded the most goals he's ever conceded in a united shirt.

Having 30 shots against you and conceding a goal or 2 shost on target against you and keeping a clean sheet means that clean sheets kinda mean feck all in the grand scheme things for a keeper
Exactly, thank you.

M4YON

I’ve never seen a player build up the type of reputation Romero has by not playing

bizarre stuff
Likeable guy, played well when asked too, treated harshly when Hendo came back. Understandable when you compare him to players like Jones, Rojo etc who play awful and tool a pay packet for years without a care In the world.

sparx99

Which other club would have given him £60-80k a week to sit on the bench?

Of course once he was told he could leave and might not be getting those sorts of wages anymore he wasn't so professional then. Was awkward, tried to force a move United didn't want, moaned, skipped training for months and sat out his contract not playing. That's why it's relevant.
I don’t really understand why the club were worrying about Everton or Villa (they were interested before they got Martinez if I remember rightly).

Just sell him. Instead we had his wages for a year. it’s a small club who worries about lesser teams.

peridigm

Some absolute rubbish being spoken about Romero in here. He’s always been one of the best no 2’s about.
He WAS one of the best no 2's for us. He just came back from knee surgery and has had multiple knee injuries. Something is not right with his knees.

Lyng

Interesting take on Bailly. I’ve never seen him do anything to suggest he’s our 2nd best defender, but maybe we look for different attributes. I think he has some good fearlessness in challenges but that also makes him reckless. He’s surplus to requirements and we should be entertaining any offer.
To be fair with our current defenders that isn't saying much.
In my opinion we should try to ship of all them bar Varane but that's sadly not realistic.

golden_blunder

Staff
Just to clear something up.
He was offered the chance for f more playing time at Everton. United accepted their original bid of 2m but at the last moment changes it to 7m. That’s why the move fell through and why he was pissed off. United shafted the lad and in the end they had to pay his wages and lost out in any kind of fee

stevoc

I don’t really understand why the club were worrying about Everton or Villa (they were interested before they got Martinez if I remember rightly).

Just sell him. Instead we had his wages for a year. it’s a small club who worries about lesser teams.
From what I can remember they wouldn't pay the money United wanted for him.

We had his wages for a year because he probably refused to go after he sulked over the Everton move. He didn't push for a move in January either.

Just like the other Raiola clients we had recently. Moan, sulk, pretend you've been mistreated, run your contract down and leave on a free.

led_scholes

Eh no, he was told he could leave after Henderson returned from loan. His agent Raiola then negotiates a transfer to Everton despite presumably knowing United didn't want to sell to another PL club. And then like many of Mino's clients he kicks up a stink then refuses to leave anywhere else and runs his contract down. feck him, let him enjoy Serie B.

Pattern my arse.
What a great strategy. We refused to sell Rojo, Romero to PL clubs, players we didn't even intend to register only to lose them for free. And yet we blame the player and his agent for wanting to go to another PL club as a 2nd gk instead of 4th here.

And then we complain when we get mugged by the Crystal Palaces, the Leicesters of the PL, while we establish a "we don't sell to other PL clubs" and breaking relationships with them.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: Nice-Matin

Sport Witness are making this about United, but as the headline shows, it's Sevilla's interest that has brought this article to the fore.
  • Other teams interested in Badiashile (No agreement with any of them up to now):
    • Atletico Madrid
    • Chelsea
    • Newcastle United
    • Sevilla
  • Badiashile doesn't want to sit on the bench for his next club.
  • The player's camp won't strain their relations with Monaco to push for a move (i.e. Monaco must also be satisfied to allow the player to move on).

golden_blunder

Staff
From what I can remember they wouldn't pay the money United wanted for him.

We had his wages for a year because he probably refused to go after he sulked over the Everton move. He didn't push for a move in January either.

Just like the other Raiola clients we had recently. Moan, sulk, pretend you've been mistreated, run your contract down and leave on a free.
Eh no, woody shafted him and rojo

golden_blunder

Staff

Sport Witness are making this about United, but as the headline shows, it's Sevilla's interest that has brought this article to the fore.
  • Other teams interested in Badiashile (No agreement with any of them up to now):
    • Atletico Madrid
    • Chelsea
    • Newcastle United
    • Sevilla
  • The player's camp won't strain their relations with Monaco to push for a move (i.e. Monaco must also be satisfied to allow the player to move on).
He’s a unit this fella. For all those who don’t like small CBs.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

The source is stated in the Tweet, but here it is, anyways:
  • Lisandro Martinez:
    • Lisandro Martinez sees United as a "top club" and will hope that United come to an agreement with Ajax.
    • Ajax will hope to get 45-50 million Euros for Martinez.
  • Tyrell Malacia: United only had to go a little bit over what Lyon offered to Malacia for personal terms.
    • Makes negotiating with the player easier and quicker
  • Frenkie de Jong: deal will be completed after the weekend

M4YON

The source is stated in the Tweet, but here it is, anyways:
  • Lisandro Martinez:
    • Lisandro Martinez sees United as a "top club" and will hope that United come to an agreement with Ajax.
    • Ajax will hope to get 45-50 million Euros for Martinez.
  • Tyrell Malacia: United only had to go a little bit over what Lyon offered to Malacia for personal terms.
    • Makes negotiating with the player easier and quicker
  • Frenkie de Jong: deal will be completed after the weekend
Cheers for this saves me watching the video pretending I know what they're saying :lol:

bucky

• Atletico Madrid
    • Chelsea
    • Newcastle United
    • Sevilla
Still like him. Good passing, excellent when it comes to aerial duels, left-footed. If ten Haag cares about one of his CBs being left-footed, which he probably does, with us being linked to Martinez, then he'd be a good alternative. Price is a bit steep though.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Reports that Andreas Pereira made an emotional speech in the locker room, after Flamengo's victory over Tolima. The midfielder, who even heard from president Landim that he would be bought, demonstrated that he would indeed like to stay. The midfielder has a proposed contract for four years from Fulham.
Thread explaining Flamengo's stance:

To those who ask:

Flamengo are not making and have not made (in recent days) any effort to keep Andreas. The hammer has been set since June 15, when Flamengo received Manchester's refusal for a loan extension. Renegotiating the amount agreed in February was not on the agenda because Flamengo had already travelled to London, reduced the value of the purchase option from 20m Euros to 10.5m Euros, but did not sign the paper, which made Manchester not like Flamengo's posture one bit.

Since then, Flamengo understood that they would obviously not be able to reduce the amount further.

"Venê, did someone on the board put a brake on the purchase?"

Landim is in charge. If the president understood that he was not to be purchased...

Now, page turned, and Flamengo goes in search of a new midfielder.

And it is never too much to remember:

Exactly one month ago (on May 30), Andreas Pereira's agent talked to me and assured me that the midfielder would not stay and would return to Europe. See the link below. So it's no surprise to anyone.
Andreas Pereira's manager says midfielder won't stay at Flamengo: "He's going to Europe".

In Flamengo, the understanding is that the purchase is quite unlikely today and that Manchester United will hardly increase the loan
This goes against the report from Goal earlier that Flamengo was preparing an offer of €5m for 50% of the player's rights. Also, it looks like United were willing to commit to the reduced release clause amount, but with Flamengo not fully committing to it, no wonder United have decided to move on to other suitors.

stevoc

What a great strategy. We refused to sell Rojo, Romero to PL clubs, players we didn't even intend to register only to lose them for free. And yet we blame the player and his agent for wanting to go to another PL club as a 2nd gk instead of 4th here.

And then we complain when we get mugged by the Crystal Palaces, the Leicesters of the PL, while we establish a "we don't sell to other PL clubs" and breaking relationships with them.
Under Woodward we overvalued players no doubt but that doesn't excuse players acting the prick either.

Eh no, woody shafted him and rojo
Can't remember what happened with Rojo?

But Romero nah, I'm not buying that.

M4YON

Thread explaining Flamengo's stance:

This goes against the report from Goal earlier that Flamengo was preparing an offer of €5m for 50% of the player's rights. Also, it looks like United were willing to commit to the reduced release clause amount, but with Flamengo not fully committing to it, no wonder United have decided to move on to other suitors.
Only 2 tweets per post, can't be bending the rules now Mazhar :nono: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.