Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

led_scholes

Under Woodward we overvalued players no doubt but that doesn't excuse players acting the prick either.
Was he? He was dropped for the semi final in the EL, even though he was the gk during the campaign, and then we brought back Henderson. We couldn't register him, meaning that we would pay him 4 millions even though he couldn't play, he wanted to leave and we still demanded 10 m euros for him. From his perspective, he had the chance to become the 2nd gk for another PL club, and if he could impress he may have hoped that Everton would offer him a 2 year contract with very decent wages. I find it completely rational that he was annoyed by our handling.

stevoc

Was he? He was dropped for the semi final in the EL, even though he was the gk during the campaign, and then we brought back Henderson. We couldn't register him, meaning that we would pay him 4 millions even though he couldn't play, he wanted to leave and we still demanded 10 m euros for him. From his perspective, he had the chance to become the 2nd gk for another PL club, and if he could impress he may have hoped that Everton would offer him a 2 year contract with very decent wages. I find it completely rational that he was annoyed by our handling.
Yes.

Don't give me the dropped in the semi-final nonsense. He was the 2nd choice GK being on the bench should never surprise him.

Pretty sure Henderson counted as homegrown so his arrival wouldn't have stopped Romero being registered. He likely wasn't registered because he was persona non grata at the club as a result of his behaviour.

Nothing stopped him pushing for a move in January either but of course he didn't.

led_scholes

Yes.

Don't give me the dropped in the semi-final nonsense. He was the 2nd choice GK being on the bench should never surprise him.

Pretty sure Henderson counted as homegrown so his arrival wouldn't have stopped Romero being registered. He likely wasn't registered because he was persona non grata at the club as a result of his behaviour.

Nothing stopped him pushing for a move in January either but of course he didn't.
Being in the list has nothing to do with Henderson. Even if Henderson is homegrown, Cavani, Telles and DvB were not.

He was also 2nd choice under Jose, and he still played in the final when our whole season was about to be decided from that match.

And I also don't understand how Romero asking for a transfer in the summer makes him a prick, and not asking in winter makes him a bigger prick? How do you know that he did not push for a transfer? I recall that he actually tried to leave again in January. Or should he have terminated his contract?

fps

I’ve never seen a player build up the type of reputation Romero has by not playing

bizarre stuff
Kagawa was virtually a Ballon d'Or candidate from non-playing time at one point.

stevoc

Being in the list has nothing to do with Henderson. Even if Henderson is homegrown, Cavani, Telles and DvB were not.
I checked the 3 keepers registered in the PL and CL squads were DeGea, Henderson and Grant. You would have thought he'd have been selected ahead of Grant but he wasn't as he was frozen out. Likely because of his behaviour behind the scenes.

He was also 2nd choice under Jose, and he still played in the final when our whole season was about to be decided from that match.
I just checked, Jose Mourinho wasn't the manager in 2020 mate. Dropping him for DeGea was the right decision.

And I also don't understand how Romero asking for a transfer in the summer makes him a prick, and not asking in winter makes him a bigger prick? How do you know that he did not push for a transfer? I recall that he actually tried to leave again in January. Or should he have terminated his contract?
He didn't the club told him he could leave after the return of Henderson, but of course being a Raiola client it couldn't be a straightforward deal. Everton wouldn't pay what United wanted, that's when Romero started acting like a prick. Or do you think the club just randomly single players out and force them to train alone for a laugh?

He obviously didn't push for a transfer or he would have left. At that point with only a few months left on his deal and him not even contributing United probably would've have taken anything to get him off the wage bill. But by that stage he wanted to run his contract down.

led_scholes

I checked the 3 keepers registered in the PL and CL squads were DeGea, Henderson and Grant. You would have thought he'd have been selected ahead of Grant but he wasn't as he was frozen out. Likely because of his behaviour behind the scenes.

I just checked, Jose Mourinho wasn't the manager in 2020 mate. Dropping him for DeGea was the right decision.

He didn't the club told him he could leave after the return of Henderson, but of course being a Raiola client it couldn't be a straightforward deal. Everton wouldn't pay what United wanted, that's when Romero started acting like a prick. Or do you think the club just randomly single players out and force them to train alone for a laugh?

He obviously didn't push for a transfer or he would have left. At that point with only a few months left on his deal and him not even contributing United probably would've have taken anything to get him off the wage bill. But by that stage he wanted to run his contract down.
Or he was probably not in the list because there was no more space for foreigners? It's about a 25 man squad. Jones was not registered too, as there was no space. Was Jones also a persona non grata?

BTW check the game again vs Sevilla. De Gea was atrocious and in fault for losing against Sevilla. So the decision was wrong.

And finally, again what you are saying it doesn't make sense. We should have accepted anything in the summer too. But we didn't. He asked to leave and we valued a 33 years old keeper on high wages with 10 mil. But your explanation is that he was a prick and a raiolo client. Weird.

Last edited:

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Not gonna lie it's worrying seeing Ornstein reporting this because such a strong source
It is, but he does also state that the deal is currently on track. Luckhurst has also come out now and said that whatever the issue was, it's resolved.

Red00012

We’ll announce 3 signings in the space of 2/3 days I reckon. I’m calling Tuesday as DDay

Dante

Average bang
Not gonna lie it's worrying seeing Ornstein reporting this because such a strong source
It's apparently just a small legal hitch. Something to do with laws L222-7 (agents dealing with French clubs needing a particular licence) and L222-17 (regulating the amount of commission the agent can take). Whatever the case, a switch in agent will get this over the line easily.

croadyman

It's apparently just a small legal hitch. Something to do with laws L222-7 (agents dealing with French clubs needing a particular licence) and L222-17 (regulating the amount of commission the agent can take). Whatever the case, a switch in agent will get this over the line easily.
Do we ever do things the easy way

croadyman

Was hoping we might hear something concrete like an Ornstein tweet or Romano Here We Go on a transfer this week

Blood Mage

It's going to be tricky to get De Jong done before we leave for the tour. Feck's sake I hope we're better prepared for future windows otherwise nothing has changed. They can use the restructuring excuse for now but not for the next couple of windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.