Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deery

Dreary
Remember Jones wouldn’t go to Marseilles or whoever and wanted to fight for his place, that turned out well played one game or something.

Judas

Open to offers
Even when he's fit he's an accident waiting to happen. Even his good moments are so just wildly done. I'll be glad to see him gone, like the majority of our current crop of defenders.

Volksie316

We really do have a bunch of freeloaders at the club, don't we?

Players like Bailly and Jones etc can't be taken seriously as football players, because they are more than happy to hardly ever play, but yet still collect their high wages week in and week out.

It's no wonder, why hardly any clubs are interested in them.

ThanksBoss26

Said a couple of weeks ago I feel we'll see more departures once everyone is back and the tour is done. Most players will take the opportunity to try and impress the new manager rather than head off before then, but expect that will change once ETH tells them himself that they're not in his plans.

PoTMS

How do we keep signing so many unprofessional players? Go somewhere you'll actually play games and earn your salary packet, you lazy bum.

Judas

Open to offers
How do we keep signing so many unprofessional players? Go somewhere you'll actually play games and earn your salary packet, you lazy bum.
Because we stopped caring about how our players were as people in the last 8-9 years. There wasn't an interest in if their personality was a good fit.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
As much as I would like the club to sell Bailly, why is it a bad thing that he wants to fight for a first team space?

Surely as a club we want players to be wanting to fight to be involved? And if he has stated that he wants to stay and fight for a place then surely that's not a bad thing?!

C'est Moi Cantona

As much as I would like the club to sell Bailly, why is it a bad thing that he wants to fight for a first team space?

Surely as a club we want players to be wanting to fight to be involved? And if he has stated that he wants to stay and fight for a place then surely that's not a bad thing?!
If he's saying it for the right reasons and is able to stay professional if he still doesn't play much then no. It's not like it's impossible for him to be an option again given the players ahead of him right now either.

And tbf we have Jones and Tuanzebe that need to moved on first anyway.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground

Because that attitude won’t persist it he isn’t playing and just contributes to the toxic atmosphere we’ve seen recently.

Judas

Open to offers

Haven't we heard this shite a million times before? He's made of biscuit anyway, what's it worth having a player wanting to fight for a spot he's never healthy enough to claim.

Blood Mage

So many of our fringe players are content to sit on their massive wages and not play any football, it really calls their character into question and stresses the need for us to analyse the mentality of players before we sign them in the future.

Superden

if they want to stay then let them. in the reserves / u23s. Lets not waste first team spots on players who clearly arent part of the picture / blocking pathways for our youth. Id be happy with Varane / Maguire / Lindelof and Martinez (or AN other new CB) as our CB options, supported by a couple of youth prospects in the first team squad.
Players have seen others over the last few years just hang around and collect their wages whilst still being in the first team squad, but not getting any playtime. That culture needs challenging.

Judas

Open to offers
Bailly has been here what 6 years? It's so weird that people still want to give him a chance to prove himself and come good. Clubs like City or Chelsea would have binned him off ages ago.

led_scholes

We have 3 CBs in front of Bailly in the pecking order, and we are trying to sign another one. Yet he wants to stay and fight for his place.

I m not against anyone doing a Bogarde, but at least he was professional, wasnt going AWOL and he admitted that he was staying only for the contract. And Bogarde was over 30. Bailly is doing it since he was 26.

ThanksBoss26

Bailly has been here what 6 years? It's so weird that people still want to give him a chance to prove himself and come good. Clubs like City or Chelsea would have binned him off ages ago.
Yep - I'd love to be pleasantly surprised but there's absolutely nothing that makes me think Bailly is worth keeping around. Hopefully he gets told as much soon.

Shame as I thought he was very decent in his first season with us.

Last edited:

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It needs to be made very clear to him that he has no future here.
Pretty much. None of the "clean slate" stuff. Some players need to be told they won't even make the bench if they refuse to leave. About time the club starts getting harsh with certain players, even though I do have a soft spot for Bailly.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Of course you would. That big salary without needing to bother doing much. Cheers Ole
Came in to post exactly this.

It's going to take a few years to run through the spongers and they're going to struggle to get anything like what we've given them.

I reckon West Ham want to pay Lingard half what we were wasting on him.

Hopefully, the gravy train starts to run dry sooner rather than later.

R'hllor

Ole didn't give out the contracts, Woodward did
:lol: Sure,sure, he was like "No Eddie, stop it, dont extend them, dont want them here, need those wages to fund something else, stop it" and they did it anyway, which makes him look even worse.

Edit: Also, yea he didnt write contracts but there is no washing from those decisions, he had good part in it.

worldinmotion66

Can't be disappointed when a player doesn't want to leave the club, it's not their fault that they've been given the contracts they have, and they have every right to see out that contract. I personally couldn't hang around and not play, it's a short career and I'd want to make the most of it. But everyone is different. If you have good friends at a club, love tge area, have a settled family etc, it has to impact your thinking as a player.

Regarding his performances, I actually think he's been pretty good when he's played. In fact, I think he can feel a bit hard done by under Ole because he lost his place at a time when he was really playing well, just because an injured player returned. I didn't agree with that at the time.

C'est Moi Cantona

Clubs like Chelsea and City haven't had the sort of management we've had over the last few years.

We seem to have a unique ability at making good players look bad, so you're never quite sure where you are with them.

croadyman

So many of our fringe players are content to sit on their massive wages and not play any football, it really calls their character into question and stresses the need for us to analyse the mentality of players before we sign them in the future.
That's exactly why clubs only want loans, no one is in a position to sign them on permanent deals due to mental wages

Champ

Because that attitude won’t persist it he isn’t playing and just contributes to the toxic atmosphere we’ve seen recently.
Says who?

Has Bailly been disruptive previously? I've seen a few comments from him here and there but nothing too controversial.

Champ

Haven't we heard this shite a million times before? He's made of biscuit anyway, what's it worth having a player wanting to fight for a spot he's never healthy enough to claim.
I agree. Bailly should be moved on if possible.

But I just don't see why people are quick to jump on a negative thought process when someone states they want to fight for a first team spot as they are the types of players we need.

Infestissumam

can't force a player to leave I guess. Some of those players will just sit out the ridiculous contracts they were able to get from our shambolic management and there's nothing we can really do about it at this point. From a football standpoint, it should be abundantly clear to both Bailly and Jones that they don't have a future here, especially if we add Martinez ... but that won't stop them from sitting out their fat contract, ahem, fight for their place.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
can't force a player to leave I guess. Some of those players will just sit out the ridiculous contracts they were able to get from our shambolic management and there's nothing we can really do about it at this point. From a football standpoint, it should be abundantly clear to both Bailly and Jones that they don't have a future here, especially if we add Martinez ... but that won't stop them from sitting out their fat contract, ahem, fight for their place.
Exactly, These players aren't stupid. Most of them know this is as good as they're ever going to get. Also, look at the ones who went out on loan, how many can the staying players see that it's worked out for?

Status
Not open for further replies.