Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

ArmaDino

Seriously impressed we managed to get so much for him
Makes it even sadder that he threw away his career like that.

If team are willing to pay us 20 mil now plus 40$ of the future sale, clearly they expect to get at least 80-90 million. What a talent and what a shame.

lysglimt

Scout
I am not saying this will turn out the way we want - but surely this must be the most exciting transfer summer ever ?

ArmaDino

No way we're signing 3 CBs. We're pushing for 2 and deciding which ones to pick out of the three based on budget/fees.
Don't see why not.

Varane, who was our most experienced defender left. Martinez is still a doubt. We are also looking to shift Lindelof and Maguire, so signing 3 CBs makes sense.

Martinez, Evans, Kambwala, CB1, CB2, CB3.

Red_toad

What?

I don’t think that’s right mate. A sell on clause means we get 50% of anything they sell him for - not just anything above £22m.

I was asking how the purchasing of additional percentage points works.
Depends on the clause, some are anything over initial transfer fee, others are half of entire sale fee.

Bertie Wooster

Probably as good as we could have managed in the circumstances. Hard to get too delighted with the amount when you consider how much he should really be going for. But hopefully that'll be reflected in a future sale and we'll further benefit then.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Felt like all last season we struggled with creating much at all and yet none of the signings seem to be creative players. Not sure how we will score more goals

Paul778

Felt like all last season we struggled with creating much at all and yet none of the signings seem to be creative players. Not sure how we will score more goals
ZZ is. We have a lot of wing options and potentially a couple of academy players pushing on.

The main thing is to stop being moments fc and have a style of play. With ETH back and a few weeks training before tour starts let's see if they can get them playing for each other.

A couple of weeks of extra 1:1 sessions with Ruud and Rasmus would be grand.

A lot of the window still to go.

BuzzKillington

I think if we have better defenders and midfielders we’re hoping our forwards can focus on scoring goals, rather than making a 10 man wall across the end of our penalty box.

Leftback99

Oscar the Grouch.
In your opinion, plenty of the rest of us think differently to you and your relentless misery
So being linked with a few CBs (we won't buy them all) is the most exciting transfer window EVER to you? And I'm miserable for not agreeing? :lol:

Marcelinho87

Feels like the first error INEOS are making honestly
Nah I feel our current bids are too low, but purposefully so, I expect we will arrive with a fair and final bid before saying either goodbye Everton or welcome Branthwaite - I suspect £50m plus addons may see Everton let him go and in 2024 that isn’t a crazy valuation.

sepulturite

So being linked with a few CBs (we won't buy them all) is the most exciting transfer window EVER to you? And I'm miserable for not agreeing? :lol:
Why are you focusing on just the centre backs? They're not the only players we're linked to and looks like we're signing. And yes I think it's pretty exciting that we're getting very good players in positions we need, and early in the window too. And also, yes you are miserable.

Leftback99

Oscar the Grouch.
Why are you focusing on just the centre backs? They're not the only players we're linked to and looks like we're signing. And yes I think it's pretty exciting that we're getting very good players in positions we need, and early in the window too. And also, yes you are miserable.
So best ever or not?

sepulturite

So best ever or not?
That poster didn't say best ever. But aside from that, them saying most exciting ever is a bit much alright I agree, I actually thought they just said it was exciting. Apologies for that.

But you're still miserable :lol: :lol:

Leftback99

Oscar the Grouch.
That poster didn't say best ever. But aside from that, them saying most exciting ever is a bit much alright I agree, I actually thought they just said it was exciting. Apologies for that.

But you're still miserable :lol: :lol:
So you agreed with me after all. Miserable.

Wrecking ralf

There seems to be a lot of teams using 3-4-1-2 or 3-4-3 at different times of the season. Both those formations could be useful at times.

I could certainly see 3-4-1-2 with Bruno being two of Hojlund/Rashford/Garnacho/Zirkzee. Maybe Mainoo and Ugarte as the two CM’s.
Would justify the need for 3 new cbs as has been mentioned a lot

Teja

Nah I feel our current bids are too low, but purposefully so, I expect we will arrive with a fair and final bid before saying either goodbye Everton or welcome Branthwaite - I suspect £50m plus addons may see Everton let him go and in 2024 that isn’t a crazy valuation.
That gets fairly close to Everton's valuation of the player. Fofana went for 80M EUR.

50M GBP = 60M EUR + add-ons is pushing it up to the 70M EUR mark. Not cheap anymore.