Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

Suv666

I check this thread after 2 days and wow..
Yoro, That PSG mid, Brainwaithe and De Ligt might not be the worst window. Add a decent fullback to it and its a good one considering the financial circumstances we’re in

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Yoro, That PSG mid, Brainwaithe and De Ligt might not be the worst window. Add a decent fullback to it and its a good one considering the financial circumstances we’re in
+ Toney :angel:

ArmaDino

We were already linked with that Turkish fella and the Feynoord fella for the CB/LB position. We might even see Ten Hag employ Martinez at LB if(when) Shaw is injured.

My only worry are our wings. If Rashford doesn't pick up his form, we will have to rely on Amad stepping up. We look very vulnerable on that side.

FujiVice

Kambwala probably got an offer that states his future isnt our main centre half. I imagine he sees the writing on the wall. I cant imagine the rumours of 3 new centre halves coming it gives him much leverage.

Drainy

Kambwala probably got an offer that states his future isnt our main centre half. I imagine he sees the writing on the wall. I cant imagine the rumours of 3 new centre halves coming it gives him much leverage.
He would surely be out on loan this season if he renews. He was well short of the level

AnotherLondonManc

He would surely be out on loan this season if he renews. He was well short of the level
Dont know about that. I thought he performed admirably in an injury ravaged back line.

I'd be happy to give him a chance with a more involved role if the Yoro deal fals through

led_scholes

Should do the wheeling dealing with Kambwala to Everton for FFP reasons. Buy their player for 70 and sell ours for 20.

Red00012

People writing off Kambwala because we are trying to sign 3 new shiny toys . He was excellent v Liverpool

noelyman

People writing off Kambwala because we are trying to sign 3 new shiny toys . He was excellent v Liverpool
I think it's more like the hot girlfriend who dumps you and therefore 'wasn't that hot anyway' :) We are clearly keen to keep the best talents but if he wants to leave then good luck to him.

Redivy

He is a good centre back but likely doesn't have the qualities on the ball to be a starter long term for us. He is a nice player but for him to hit that next level it will be because he plays 100+ games and learns to read the game better.

Ideally, he'd re-sign and we would loan him out for a few years before either bringing him back or fetching a good fee for him. But the upside isn't there for him to agree to that unless we also put him on good wages to do that.

I'd sell for whatever fee we can get now.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Kambwala is at the age where he needs game time now but has had proper injury issues, it's a bit of a nightmare scenario. It's a gamble for him to stay and a gamble for us to keep him. Hope he figures it out either way

Drainy

I think it's more like the hot girlfriend who dumps you and therefore 'wasn't that hot anyway' :) We are clearly keen to keep the best talents but if he wants to leave then good luck to him.
If you're talking about me, I was saying he had never impressed me before he made his first team debut.

Obviously injuries have made that difficult but when he did play he wasn't dominant in the under age games.

MrBrightside1989

He is a good centre back but likely doesn't have the qualities on the ball to be a starter long term for us. He is a nice player but for him to hit that next level it will be because he plays 100+ games and learns to read the game better.

Ideally, he'd re-sign and we would loan him out for a few years before either bringing him back or fetching a good fee for him. But the upside isn't there for him to agree to that unless we also put him on good wages to do that.

I'd sell for whatever fee we can get now.
and aim to get a solid sell on percentage and a buy back clause, just in case...

Dannn411

I also think there is a lot of potential with Kambwala. He is already really good with recovery runs, which is always great for teams with high lines like us. Very few youngsters are technically proficient immediately so i'm not worried about that at all. The more technical stuff can still be coached into him over time.

noelyman

If you're talking about me, I was saying he had never impressed me before he made his first team debut.

Obviously injuries have made that difficult but when he did play he wasn't dominant in the under age games.
No mate. Not you in particular. Was more a general comment/joke about how our coping mechanism usually kicks in to dismiss a player/gf when they want to leave.

In Kambwala’s case I don’t think any of us can be sure about his potential, perhaps not even him. But if he is gambling on a move for more playing time, then good luck to him.

lysglimt

Scout
For those interested - he is participating in the U19 Euros which starts....this weekend I think ?

BarstoolProphet

Been really good lately, but once again, I don't see the comparison with Ødegaard. Him being a huge United fan is also a big plus for us.