Transfer Tweets - Rest of World - 2022/23 | Follow the rules in the OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

M4YON

I realise that these might have been mistakenly posted in here, but the first one's definitely worth moving into the England & Scotland Tweets thread for the visibility.
I posted one the other week from a polish team who are in the champions league in the europe thread and got moaned at so just airing on the side of caution.

I've moved it now =)

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I posted one the other week from a polish team who are in the champions league in the europe thread and got moaned at so just airing on the side of caution.

I've moved it now =)
Honestly, let them moan. They should know what to expect with these buckets by now. I actually don't mind seeing those updates from the CL clubs. At least they're in the competition unlike United.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United

@Zaphod2319 @WI_Red The Union are backing the youth once again. Despite not getting an MLS Cup in recent years, their model has been incredibly beneficial to U.S. Soccer.
BA is the only guy to get a cap so far but it is nice to see someone other than FC Dallas give a damn.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
BA is the only guy to get a cap so far but it is nice to see someone other than FC Dallas give a damn.
For now, yeah, but the U.S. U-20 side looks incredibly exciting with these academy products. Surely 1-2 of them will make it into the senior national team by 2026.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
For now, yeah, but the U.S. U-20 side looks incredibly exciting with these academy products. Surely 1-2 of them will make it into the senior national team by 2026.
My kingdom for a striker (and maybe a CB)! :)

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Here we go!

The Daily Mail are having a go at Rooney for deciding to go to MLS (Ian Herbert & Craig Hope, specifically). Personally, I don't mind him taking this step. This shouldn't reduce his stock in any way, I feel.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Here we go!

The Daily Mail are having a go at Rooney for deciding to go to MLS (Ian Herbert & Craig Hope, specifically). Personally, I don't mind him taking this step. This shouldn't reduce his stock in any way, I feel.
You're entitled to your opinion, but, if he succeeds, who cares, he did well in the MLS, big deal, if he fails, his managerial career is pretty much over, if he can't make it in the US.

He had a budding managerial career which he should have chosen to develop in England (or Europe). Good luck to him, but it doesn't seem like a great career choice.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
You're entitled to your opinion, but, if he succeeds, who cares, he did well in the MLS, big deal, if he fails, his managerial career is pretty much over, if he can't make it in the US.

He had a budding managerial career which he should have chosen to develop in England (or Europe). Good luck to him, but it doesn't seem like a great career choice.
Agreed. From being in the mix for the Everton job to joining DC United in the space of few months. Seems like choosing comfort without any real benefit apart from the lifestyle boost.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Agreed. From being in the mix for the Everton job to joining DC United in the space of few months. Seems like choosing comfort without any other benefit apart from the lifestyle boost.
If he spends a good few years there, then I agree, he's basically going to put himself out of contention of the top European jobs. However, 1-2 years in there should be fine for him as long as he gets an opportunity in the Championship or better (even if it's outside of England).

cyberman

Agreed. From being in the mix for the Everton job to joining DC United in the space of few months. Seems like choosing comfort without any real benefit apart from the lifestyle boost.
Imo he’s thinking of waiting until a job that interests him comes along so it’s either sir at home or take this job.
I wouldn’t expect a long stay if I were a DC United fan .

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Suarez on the MLS offers:
The thing is that some possibilities are for January, I have to analyse everything. The market in MLS is very complex, some clubs want you but they don't have the slots, and so it would have to be for January. Other clubs want you now but I have to evaluate if they have a chance to qualify for the playoffs. I'm not closing the door to anyone and I've listened to all the offers. But if some MLS teams don't qualify for the playoffs, they end their season in the first week of October, and that's not useful for me because I would stop for a month ahead of the World Cup, which wouldn't be good for me.
On the Inter Miami rumours (including the fact that Messi could join him there):
What was said about Inter Miami isn't real, a lot of things are said in the press and on social media, but we can't come out to deny things all the time. Leo has his future at PSG, and then I don't know where he will want to retire. I have my sporting projects and then I'll analyse things with my family. We will surely end up living close to each other in Barcelona because we're friends and our families are too, but from there to ending up together in the same sporting project is a lot of speculation.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Official: Carlos Salcedo leaves Toronto FC. He's going to move back to Mexico as he wants to take better care of his family after the birth of their second child.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: interview with the Brazilian media via ESPN Brasil

Lucas Moura on Jorginho:
There was a statement from Jorginho, from Chelsea, saying he was São Paulino, it seems. I sent him a private message and said: ‘Let’s go there soon’. Then he said: ‘When you go, call me’. I said: ‘I’ll remember that.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
@NYAS This one's for you:

Information

Our club has reached an agreement in principle with the club for Brazilian player Willian Arao, who plays for Flamengo. The player will arrive in Istanbul tomorrow evening to complete his medical check-up and contract negotiations.

For the information of the public.

NYAS

@NYAS This one's for you:

Yeah, since JJ is now head coach at Fener, he’s raiding Brazil just like he did at Benfica. Arao has been a great servant, a true DM, but form has dipped lately and he’s never played in Europe at almost 30 years old. Can’t blame him or the club for letting him go.

Maybe now Thiago Maia can cement his place in the starting line-up; he was always way too good to be a bench player. And let’s see if Vidal will be able to sit in his later years, as opposed to being a Duracell bunny.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Official: Carlos Bacca returns to his first ever football club in Colombia. He signs a 2-year contract with them.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Official: Arturo Vidal joins Flamengo

@NYAS This is a great signing for you guys. He's still capable of playing at a decent level despite his age, so I can see him becoming one of your best players real quick.

NYAS

Official: Arturo Vidal joins Flamengo

@NYAS This is a great signing for you guys. He's still capable of playing at a decent level despite his age, so I can see him becoming one of your best players real quick.
Yeah, much needed midfield reinforcement after the departures of Andreas and Arao. Hope he doesn’t take it easy though because it’s still an intense level.

NYAS

Official: Andriy Yarmolenko joins Al-Ain FC after leaving West Ham as a free agent

:lol: Just saw this, that’s my mum’s hometown club. I love this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.