Transfer Tweets - Summer 2015 | Stop Spamming - Discussion Should Relate to Tweets

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBBQ

But seeing as he didn't want to leave he'd be happy that he's now staying?
Yes but Real shot themselves in the foot with how they handled it. At one stage he probably expected to fight it out for the starting spot with DDG but Madrid made it pretty clear that he was surplus to requirements and couldn't wait to get rid.

Can't blame Navas for not imediately jumping for joy at the thought of moving country, seems to have been sprung on him. If that tweet si to be believed, it seems like the idea of United grew on him. The Real madrid circus strikes again!

rotherham_red

He should be our no. 1 target next summer.
The only player I would forgo the chance to sign Reus for. Lovely player.

If he comes, he'll be Mata's long term replacement. Has the touch of the Zidane's about him, if you'll pardon the pun :drool:

prarek

No chance with regards to the last statement at least. Would be a dream if he did sign and stay long term but ain't going to happen.
Then they will have to pay much more to get him now because of the new contract(if he signs). Winning.

I don't think we should play him until he signs a new contract.

Revan

Assumptionman
No chance with regards to the last statement at least. Would be a dream if he did sign and stay long term but ain't going to happen.
If he feels that Madrid treated him badly and was all a masquerade to not pay United fee, then he might not want to go to them in the future.

Which leaves only Barca. I say a De Gea - Neymar swap :drool:

Chances are unlikely that De Gea will stay here long term, but if he extends (let's offer him as much as Rooney) and things that Madrid betrayed him, then who knows.

Red Stone

Mendes gets a nice little bonus for brokering the contract renewal and then lines his pockets when Real pay through the nose for DDG to both us and him next summer.

I'm OK with it, though.

GBBQ

Then they will have to pay much more to get him now because of the new contract(if he signs). Winning.

I don't think we should play him until he signs a new contract.
Mendes will get a nice payout for DDG egtting a new contract and then a bigger pay out next summer when Madrid buy him.

I actually wonder if Madrid had money issues this summer. Still dont get why they didn't stump up money sooner.

diarm

Please, please, please.

It will be the best thing ever.
Not only would it be amazing for the obvious reasons, but imagine the backtracking and word twisting of every City and Liverpool supporting fecker you know who has been saying nice things about De Gea because they were sure he was leaving!

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
What does "Are through with each other" mean?

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
The only problem is if we go back for Navas, Madrid will raise the price so we'll have to be smart If De Gea goes and if we want him.

Revan

Assumptionman
Mendes will get a nice payout for DDG egtting a new contract and then a bigger pay out next summer when Madrid buy him.

I actually wonder if Madrid had money issues this summer. Still dont get why they didn't stump up money sooner.
They payed 38m euros for Kovacic whom they don't need and anyway isn't that good in the first place.

I think they refused to pay a large sum for De Gea as a show of power, not cause they didn't have money.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
He wont sign a new contract... There is no reason for him to.
LVG has played a blinder. Leaving him out for these four games and selling lots of players. I don't think De Gea will be able to read LVG and I think he will sign soon enough. He may be convinced that LVG will not play him unless he signs a contract. This is perhaps unethical but funny none the less.

Sam

There will be if LVG makes it clear he's not going to play a player who intends to walk out for free at the end of the season.

GBBQ

They payed 38m euros for Kovacic whom they don't need and anyway isn't that good in the first place.

I think they refused to pay a large sum for De Gea as a show of power, not cause they didn't have money.
Forgot about him! I dunno, it just all seems very weird that they didn't make a move sooner. Maybe Benitez never wanted him.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Yeah but if they weren't willing to sign him in the last year of his contract if he renews it'll be a minimum 4 year deal and they'll never pay up what we want.

Bloxy

Why does it always rain on me?
I don't agree. We have much more power now and if he wants to play then he has to sign. The club has demonstrated that they will not be out-muscled by Madrid so I'm sure LVG would want to prove that point to the player as well.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I would renew if I was him. He could still move and he'd be earning more money in the mean time.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Apart from the risk of not playing, not being selected for the Euros, and the risk (however limited) of picking up a serious injury in the next 12 months you mean :confused:

Revan

Assumptionman
Apart from the risk of not playing, not being selected for the Euros, and the risk (however limited) of picking up a serious injury in the next 12 months you mean :confused:
Add to that he is on 60k/week, but with the new contract will be on 200+k/week.

An another reason might be: Madrid losing interest on him if Navas plays well while DDG doesn't play at all. That is without knowing how DDg feels, if he thinks that Madrid is to be blamed, then who knows what happen.

We'll find out soon enough, I think.

AKDevil

The only problem is if we go back for Navas, Madrid will raise the price so we'll have to be smart If De Gea goes and if we want him.
I don't think Navas would be who we would want given a second chance in this situation. Spurs will have no choice over Lloris next summer as they wont make too four and they will have to let him go. Hopefully better scouting of alternatives will be done with more preparation for DDG's departure and we don't just end up in a situation where we have to accept Navas because of time.

There'sOnlyOne

United refused to go beyond £50m.
Am surprised Dortmund named a price for him tbh, everyhting seemed to have settled down there this season and they are playing well under Tuchel, selling Reus at the last minute, whatever the fee, would seem un-Dortmund-like and pretty damaging to their ambitions this season.

izec

Am surprised Dortmund named a price for him tbh, everyhting seemed to have settled down there this season and they are playing well under Tuchel, selling Reus at the last minute, whatever the fee, would seem un-Dortmund-like and pretty damaging to their ambitions this season.
Thats why it is bullshit

Status
Not open for further replies.