Transfer Tweets - Summer 2015 | Stop Spamming - Discussion Should Relate to Tweets

Status
Not open for further replies.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
He will get a sign on fee from them. The only way he would sign it if he really isnt that keen on Madrid, which i doubt
IMO the smartest thing to do for his career is to make it very clear he wants to play this season, cement his place in the national team, and renew with us with a reasonable release clause that makes it pretty easy for Real or Barca to sign him next summer. Yes, he might get a signing-on fee if he leaves for nothing but he could get quite a chunk of that through salary if he renegotiates now, and it's less of a risk if he gets injured or the move falls through for some other reason. If he doesn't negotiate with us he might not play, might lose his place in the national team, lose a year of football at a key stage in his career, and also burn his bridges. It would be risking a lot just for a move to a club who have royally messed up bringing him in.

Not sure I am expecting him to do this, but I do think it is the most intelligent thing to do and his agent might well advise him accordingly.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
A Mata-Fekir partnership would be good, yiiiiiiiiiiiiia Mata-Fekirs.

Now to get Denis Law back to play alongside Martial.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I think you have to take all this with a pinch of salt, these same journos said about 20 times in the summer that De gea to Real would be sorted out this week

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I think you have to take all this with a pinch of salt, these same journos said about 20 times in the summer that De gea to Real would be sorted out this week
Wellll it should have been to be fair to them

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
="Cassidy, post: 18079870, member: 81416"]Wellll it should have been to be fair to them
I should have made it clearer, I meant from June they were writing stories every second day that Mendes was going to sort the move out that week

Last edited:

Sid234

If woody manages to get DDG to sign a new contract now, this would be the perfect summer for us!

The way things panned out on deadline day, Real are clearly to blame in everyone's eyes. No matter what propaganda and statements they put out there.

They had to get it right, and they fecked up. We really had nothing to lose, all Real did was end up annoying both De Gea and Navas. I hope DDG signs a new deal but I wouldn't hold my breath. I think he might sign a new contract if Real get that 1 year transfer ban but I think we'll see him leave on a free transfer next summer

RRCE

Apart from the risk of not playing, not being selected for the Euros, and the risk (however limited) of picking up a serious injury in the next 12 months you mean :confused:
This is spot on. There's every reason for De Gea to sign a new contract. First and foremost, he's a prideful professional and will want to play. If given the chance, I have no doubt he'll do so at his normal high standard. Secondly, he'll want to stake his claim as Spain's #1 at the Euros. The table is set for him to step in and become the main man for the next many years. He won't want to blow that opportunity. Finally, the risk of injury is ever-present. Without a new, lucrative, long term contract, he has no security in the event that he gets injured. Even if his intent is still to leave, he would be foolish not to sign a new deal. It's good for him and good for Manchester United. If Madrid really want him, they'll be happy to pay the price next summer. I have no doubt that United would reach an agreement with him, just as it did with Ronaldo back in the day.

What shouldn't be forgotten is De Gea's agent's interests. Believe me, he'll be pushing De Gea to sign a new contract as well, as it equate to money in his pockets. He'll profit from a new contract now, and from a transfer next summer.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
We will be linked to Fekir during both the January and the Summer windows. A huge saga awaits.

ravi2

If woody manages to get DDG to sign a new contract now, this would be the perfect summer for us!

The way things panned out on deadline day, Real are clearly to blame in everyone's eyes. No matter what propaganda and statements they put out there.

They had to get it right, and they fecked up. We really had nothing to lose, all Real did was end up annoying both De Gea and Navas. I hope DDG signs a new deal but I wouldn't hold my breath. I think he might sign a new contract if Real get that 1 year transfer ban but I think we'll see him leave on a free transfer next summer

I think he will probably end up re-signing but will leave anyways.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
This isn't because he want De Gea to stay at United long term. It's risk management - if De Gea gets a career ending injury this season, the money dries up.
Yeah it makes a lot of sense from his own perspective in terms of financial security. And even if he wont stay at United we can sell him for a big fee.

Hal9000

This isn't because he want De Gea to stay at United long term. It's risk management - if De Gea gets a career ending injury this season, the money dries up.
Or because he'll probably won't play unless he signs a contract, putting his career a year behind and missing Euro 2016 when he has a great chance of taking the GK spot for Spain of Cassillas.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
It makes sense for De Gea to sign a new contract.

He gets more money and a guaranteed release clause so he knows what needs to happen to leave if he so wishes. Less uncertainty. And of course, protects himself in the event of a serious long-term injury.

We get a motivated player on a wage reflecting his ability, and a transfer fee next summer if he still wants to leave.

Real Madrid get a bit screwed over but will at least know in no uncertain terms what they need to do to get him next summer.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Yes. Fascinating how it plays out from here on in. Previous posters right in saying it's about investment ... Mendez rapidly calibrating ... Would suit him now to have Dave renew. Then it all depends on how the season plays out; for us, but also for Real. I think that boat may have sailed. But can he get back in the OT groove? Fellow Spaniards like Huggy Mata bigly influential in this regard, maybe? Might the humour of a keepers girlfriend affect the outcome of this season?

finneh

It makes sense for De Gea to sign a new contract.

He gets more money and a guaranteed release clause so he knows what needs to happen to leave if he so wishes. Less uncertainty. And of course, protects himself in the event of a serious long-term injury.

We get a motivated player on a wage reflecting his ability, and a transfer fee next summer if he still wants to leave.

Real Madrid get a bit screwed over but will at least know in no uncertain terms what they need to do to get him next summer.
It depends what Madrid are telling him and how much he trusts them after the latest saga. If they're promising him a large signing on bonus instead of having to pay a transfer fee (say €10m) as well as a higher salary, then he may want to run the risk.

Likewise it depends how militant United are. If Van Gaal cuts off his nose to spite his face and says he isn't playing unless he signs a new deal, it could play into Madrid's hands (painting us as the bad guys). On the other hand letting him play would be better for the team, but De Gea gets the win-win of playing and getting a move (as well as a big sign on bonus).

There are three parties who'll want to "win", but in reality only 2 can:
  • De Gea signs a new contract on higher wages with a £35m release clause. Madrid aren't going to be happy paying the high fee.
  • De Gea plays and leaves on a free with a big sign on bonus. United aren't going to be happy losing a player for free.
  • De Gea gets benched and misses Euro 2016 and a year of his career. The player is going to be unhappy.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
It depends what Madrid are telling him and how much he trusts them after the latest saga. If they're promising him a large signing on bonus instead of having to pay a transfer fee (say €10m) as well as a higher salary, then he may want to run the risk.

Likewise it depends how militant United are. If Van Gaal cuts off his nose to spite his face and says he isn't playing unless he signs a new deal, it could play into Madrid's hands (painting us as the bad guys). On the other hand letting him play would be better for the team, but De Gea gets the win-win of playing and getting a move (as well as a big sign on bonus).

There are three parties who'll want to "win", but in reality only 2 can:
  • De Gea signs a new contract on higher wages with a £35m release clause. Madrid aren't going to be happy paying the high fee.
  • De Gea plays and leaves on a free with a big sign on bonus. United aren't going to be happy losing a player for free.
  • De Gea gets benched and misses Euro 2016 and a year of his career. The player is going to be unhappy.
What about modest release clause, Dave doesn't decide yet, plays some games - all still up in the air next summer?

finneh

What about modest release clause, Dave doesn't decide yet, plays some games - all still up in the air next summer?
I don't think United will give him a low release clause. Anything less than the £20m + Navas they offered (or £30m~) will be seen as being very weak.

izzydiggler

There's no way De Gea will sign any kind of deal.

Worst case scenario for him is that he sits on a bench for a year and misses a few games at the Euros. I think he'd take that over risking the deal not happening next summer.

Realistically he'll be back in the team in a few weeks, the fans and his teammates won't make it difficult for him and it'll be as if nothing has changed until he signs a pre-agreement (and maybe even sold) with Madrid in January.

I can't see any other scenario.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
There's no way De Gea will sign any kind of deal.

Worst case scenario for him is that he sits on a bench for a year and misses a few games at the Euros. I think he'd take that over risking the deal not happening next summer.

Realistically he'll be back in the team in a few weeks, the fans and his teammates won't make it difficult for him and it'll be as if nothing has changed until he signs a pre-agreement (and maybe even sold) with Madrid in January.

I can't see any other scenario.
No, worst case scenario for him is he picks up a bad injury and ends up out of contract with no income.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Mendes didn´t abandon De Gea, he thinks that without him, United wouldn´t have listened to Madrid.
In the next tweets they write that only when Martial was offered, United accepted to negotiate. Monaco was convinced for 80m€(for that reason he was in Monaco). Mendes was pessimistic from the beginning since United included Navas, what was out of his control. The contract of David was signed in the afternoon, Navas contract at 23:30. De Gea is not angry with Mendes, and the renewal of David is closer

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
No, worst case scenario for him is he picks up a bad injury and ends up out of contract with no income.
He'd possibly be willing to take that risk. He's not particularly shown anything in his career which indicates he's likely to be injury prone, and even if he did get a bad injury, he'd likely still have plenty of clubs willing to take a risk on him due to his quality. Especially if he'd be available for a lower wage due to the injury.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
The simple fact that we've not paid anything like €80m says all we need to know about those claims.

PvsNP

Mendes didn´t abandon De Gea, he thinks that without him, United wouldn´t have listened to Madrid.
In the next tweets they write that only when Martial was offered, United accepted to negotiate. Monaco was convinced for 80m€(for that reason he was in Monaco). Mendes was pessimistic from the beginning since United included Navas, what was out of his control. The contract of David was signed in the afternoon, Navas contract at 23:30. De Gea is not angry with Mendes, and the renewal of David is closer
Bouhafsi (French reporter from RMC) claimed that Mendes had nothing to do with the Martial deal.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I'm sure that he'll risk it...or take out some personal insurance.
He'd possibly be willing to take that risk. He's not particularly shown anything in his career which indicates he's likely to be injury prone, and even if he did get a bad injury, he'd likely still have plenty of clubs willing to take a risk on him due to his quality. Especially if he'd be available for a lower wage due to the injury.
He'd have to be very naive to risk it, and to be honest it does make me think he'll sign a new deal, albeit with some kind of release clause.

Mendes will be telling him it's too risky to run down his deal, thus he'll get his 5% of DDG's new salary for a year and then he'll get a cut of the eventual transfer fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.