Transfer Tweets - Summer 2015 | Stop Spamming - Discussion Should Relate to Tweets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brophs

The One and Only
Mendes didn´t abandon De Gea, he thinks that without him, United wouldn´t have listened to Madrid.
In the next tweets they write that only when Martial was offered, United accepted to negotiate. Monaco was convinced for 80m€(for that reason he was in Monaco). Mendes was pessimistic from the beginning since United included Navas, what was out of his control. The contract of David was signed in the afternoon, Navas contract at 23:30. De Gea is not angry with Mendes, and the renewal of David is closer
(1) News @partidodelas12: JORGE MENDES did not leave DE GEA pulled.
I should hope not.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
He'd have to be very naive to risk it, and to be honest it does make me think he'll sign a new deal, albeit with some kind of release clause.

Mendes will be telling him it's too risky to run down his deal, thus he'll get his 5% of DDG's new salary for a year and then he'll get a cut of the eventual transfer fee.
Possibly. I'm 50/50 on whether he'll sign a new deal at the moment. It's certainly a strong possibility that he will, but I don't think the possibility of injuries/not being at a club is going to be a strong persuasive measure. He'll get a club without too much difficulty, unless he suffers some sort of career threatening injury, which seems massively unlikely.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Possibly. I'm 50/50 on whether he'll sign a new deal at the moment. It's certainly a strong possibility that he will, but I don't think the possibility of injuries/not being at a club is going to be a strong persuasive measure. He'll get a club without too much difficulty, unless he suffers some sort of career threatening injury, which seems massively unlikely.
Look at Valdes..

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Look at Valdes..
Bit of a different situation, though. Valdes is an ageing keeper (33 now), and even at his best probably wasn't really one of the very best in the world, despite generally being a very good performer for Barca.

De Gea's currently one of the very best in the world, is hitting his prime years, and would surely be in high demand no matter what. There's always a risk, but the chances of him being struck with some awful injury seem very unlikely.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Bit of a different situation, though. Valdes is an ageing keeper (33 now), and even at his best probably wasn't really one of the very best in the world, despite generally being a very good performer for Barca.

De Gea's currently one of the very best in the world, is hitting his prime years, and would surely be in high demand no matter what. There's always a risk, but the chances of him being struck with some awful injury seem very unlikely.
Yea, different situations, but a bad injury can feck you up and a contract is security.

Mendes won't want to take the risk, I don't think.

rotherham_red

Indeed. I will believe his word over Cope's.
I agree, but the fact that the usual suspects in Spain are all saying that a new contract is a distinct possibility is telling to say the very least... Even the Madrid mouthpiece Marca has jumped on the bandwagon.

ghagua

We should have signed Fekir now before his price skyrockets, which in the next year or two, is about to.
You'll find that the price paid for Martial will be the new standards when trying to get a talented youngster from France now on.

hobbers

You'll find that the price paid for Martial will be the new standards when trying to get a talented youngster from France now on.
Yep, we have essentially just ruined France as a market for young talent, for Arsenal and Newcastle especially. :lol:

NoPace

Yep, we have essentially just ruined France as a market for young talent, for Arsenal and Newcastle especially. :lol:
We can just buy from Newcastle if one of those signings ever works out. Thauvin seems as good a bet as any.

jem

If he feels that Madrid treated him badly and was all a masquerade to not pay United fee, then he might not want to go to them in the future.

Which leaves only Barca. I say a De Gea - Neymar swap :drool:

Chances are unlikely that De Gea will stay here long term, but if he extends (let's offer him as much as Rooney) and things that Madrid betrayed him, then who knows.
I would actually enjoy seeing him go to Barca (if we can't keep him of course.) Sticking it to Real like that would be too delicious to even contemplate.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
There's no way De Gea will sign any kind of deal.

Worst case scenario for him is that he sits on a bench for a year and misses a few games at the Euros. I think he'd take that over risking the deal not happening next summer.

Realistically he'll be back in the team in a few weeks, the fans and his teammates won't make it difficult for him and it'll be as if nothing has changed until he signs a pre-agreement (and maybe even sold) with Madrid in January.

I can't see any other scenario.
I agree DDG won't sign and because of this deserves no place in the team so I hope he plays for the stiffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.