Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
New notice: If people don't adhere to these simple rules, they'll be threadbanned.

DON'T:
  • Post anything from clear BS accounts.
  • Post anything from clickbait tabloid accounts.
  • Post anything from aggregator sites (Utdreport etc) who don't link to original source and tend to make stuff up for retweets/follows.
  • Use the thread to argue about the players United are linked with compared to those that a club like City are signing. If you want to moan, make a new thread.
  • Use the thread to moan about people who are moaning.
Tweets from actual journalists who work for well known media outlets are always best. (Examples - Di Marzio, Mitten, Ogden, Mathieson, Marcotti, Jackson, Ducker etc)

Last year's blacklist still applies and we will add or subtract new accounts to the below list as appropriate.

Twitter Blacklist (outside of the obvious ones like indykaila etc)

Daily Express
Daily Star
alaidi
BFairthorne
Fergie1975
HenriqueAlvero
Hesham Bilal-Hafiz
Julien_mgrt
Kevin Palmer
LawTop20 (for transfers)
MardiAgent
mattdaviesmcr
Metro
Express Sport
SwoopTransfer
TimPearsonMedia
TommySmythESPN (does work for ESPN, but ignore anything he says transfer related)
TomMcDermott
TransferBible
TransferSources (if no attribution)
Utdreport/Utdlatest (they know feck all)
VRodriguezlaw
The Sun
Richard Marrow (fake account)
Hesham Bilal-Hafiz

No more than two tweets per post.

No joke/piss take tweets

If you post a non-English tweet please include a basic translation or summary in English.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
So that'll be €100m at least before the window even opens and before they've touched their fullbacks, CM and CB.

Big sign of intent from them and well done for, so far, getting their business done early.

But we don't need to worry about City or any other club. Let's focus on ourselves and making sure we sign the right people.

ocprodigy

Yay, on this thread can we bring positivity please? I'm quite looking forward to whoever we are going to sign. Last year no one linked us to Mkhitaryan or Bailly until last minute...!

Cheekiey

Yay, on this thread can we bring positivity please? I'm quite looking forward to whoever we are going to sign. Last year no one linked us to Mkhitaryan or Bailly until last minute...!
Very true, Perisic could be a smoke screen

stubie

Regarding Damien's post beIN Sports are a well respected source of information.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Monaco should accept the bids of both clubs and let the kid choose. No one knows how he'll improve next year. Even if he does great, his fee can't increase much further than this.
Why would anyone choose City with Real Madrid as the alternative?

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
New notice: If people don't adhere to these simple rules, they'll be threadbanned.

DON'T:
  • Post anything from clear BS accounts.
  • Post anything from clickbait tabloid accounts.
  • Post anything from aggregator sites (Utdreport etc) who don't link to original source and tend to make stuff up for retweets/follows.
  • Use the thread to argue about the players United are linked with compared to those that a club like City are signing. If you want to moan, make a new thread.
Tweets from actual journalists who work for well known media outlets are always best. (Examples - Di Marzio, Mitten, Ogden, Mathieson, Marcotti, Jackson, Ducker etc)

Last year's blacklist still applies and we will add or subtract new accounts to the below list as appropriate.

Twitter Blacklist (outside of the obvious ones like indykaila etc)

Daily Express
Daily Star
alaidi
BFairthorne
Fergie1975
HenriqueAlvero
Kevin Palmer
LawTop20 (for transfers)
MardiAgent
mattdaviesmcr
Metro
SwoopTransfer
TimPearsonMedia
TommySmythESPN (does work for ESPN, but ignore anything he says transfer related)
TomMcDermott
TransferBible
TransferSources (if no attribution)
Utdreport/Utdlatest (they know feck all)
VRodriguezlaw
The Sun
The Mirror

No more than three tweets per post.

No joke/piss take tweets

If you post a non-English tweet please include a basic translation or summary in English.
Can we take The Mirror off the thread ban, they have one or two decent journalists and are more on Daily Mail level nowadays.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Citywatch also falls in the same category. They don't link to original source. Don't post things from them.

KM

Good signing for them(this is me after seeing his freekick last night and nothing else). On a serious note, they look to be signing more and more young Spanish players. Bodes well for future.

Ah it was a fake account @carvajal, be a little more careful while posting tweets.

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
Citywatch also falls in the same category. They don't link to original source. Don't post things from them.
then

If you look at the actual City_Watch account they source everything, they don't post anything as their own information.

KM

then

If you look at the actual City_Watch account they source everything, they don't post anything as their own information.
Even utdreport do post the source in brackets but rules are rules. Less chance of it being a fake if they actually post a link with it.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Why do I not have permission to quote a post containing a tweet in this thread?

@carvajal what's the deal with the hernandez signing. Thought the Madrid clubs didn't do business?

EDIT: Just seen it was fake and been deleted.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Why do I not have permission to quote a post containing a tweet in this thread?

@carvajal what's the deal with the hernandez signing. Thought the Madrid clubs didn't do business?

EDIT: Just seen it was fake and been deleted.
Yes, I am anxious for some decent tweet and didn´t look the username :D . He refused to renew (his brother did) and seemed completely convinced about going only to Madrid. It seems that the "agreement" is based on not negotiating behind the club and warn clearly about intentions (what Madrid did not).
To compensate, they will pay 6 extra million (I think that the clause is 24)

Devil may care

No there's nothing. They don't even know if it's a private plane or not. Just he's flying somewhere.
So just assumptions then, maybe Jose got in his ear in Monaco yesterday and he's flying to us. :D

TheReligion

Abusive
How does the pic of him on a plane mean he's City bound?
That kind of plane can only land at Manchester Airport and my mates neighbours brother says he knows a luggage handler who is friends with an air traffic controller who has told him 'Mendy is coming'.

He's also seen Mansour in the drop off/pick up zone holding a paper sign with 'B.Mendy' emblazoned across it.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
@utdreport love taking things out of context or manipulating quotes for RT's

Snafu17

They exaggerate claims from different news outlets to get more retweets. They should be banned.

As should be The Mirror with their god awful name puns.