Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

Jericholyte2

The thing people need to remember is Mourinho's has the list for Woodward. We cannot sign every good player that is around. It's not a case of blind faith, but I think, given his record with transfers, that Mourinho's deserves faith that he knows 1. Where to strengthen and 2. Who to do it with.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
The thing people need to remember is Mourinho's has the list for Woodward. We cannot sign every good player that is around. It's not a case of blind faith, but I think, given his record with transfers, that Mourinho's deserves faith that he knows 1. Where to strengthen and 2. Who to do it with.
Also Mendes is his agent so maybe he knows better than to do business with him.

DomesticTadpole

Or it may be going perfectly according to plan.
City are addressing big problems areas for them and Silva will likely be the successor to senior Silva. As long as we address our problems that is all that should matter, not what City do. Apart from maybe a CB, Jose might be happy with his defence. He likes a defence that can actually defend.

The only thing I would add is if Ed let's things drag on then you will understand people getting twitchy. Jose has put it in his hands and will expect him to deliver. To be stressing this early is just silly.

peridigm

Anyone can stick a name on the end of any tweet. If they wanted to look reliable they would provide a link to the source
Yeah, people acting like quotes make it legit. I can quote anyone saying anything I want. Doesn't make it legit. Unless there is video or a legit source, it's most likely BS.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
City are addressing big problems areas for them and Silva will likely be the successor to senior Silva. As long as we address our problems that is all that should matter, not what City do. Apart from maybe a CB, Jose might be happy with his defence. He likes a defence that can actually defend.
Agreed

Mihai

How are you so positive. I think its 2-0 City in the transfer market right now.
Are you sure we were in for these players? Do you know what is going on behind the scenes in relation to our transfers? Do you know which players we are trying to sign?

DomesticTadpole

Sensible thought is rare in here, so there's one we should cherish. It should be added to the opening post :lol:
If we don't sort things out eventually I will be stressing with the best of them :lol:, but it is far too early to be doing that. Also hardly anyone has done any business yet. City have done it the easy way by just buying up half of a side that beat them.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Are you sure we were in for these players? Do you know what is going on behind the scenes in relation to our transfers? Do you know which players we are trying to sign?
No but they have improved their squad with two Good potentially great players. We havent yet. So 2-0 to them for now.

pacifictheme

So that is two players most of our fans wanted. Ed needs to do some serious business or face meltdown from the fans. Dont know if Mourinho wanted these two, but they are seemingly wonderful signings.
I doubt he cares about who the fifa boys on redcafe want to sign.

United have a plan, it obviously doesn't involve thr players city are getting.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Are they okay?
Probably don't want to say with absolute certainty that he's joining City just incase he signs for us, like what happened with Silva, just covering their bases.

jesperjaap

So that is two players most of our fans wanted. Ed needs to do some serious business or face meltdown from the fans. Dont know if Mourinho wanted these two, but they are seemingly wonderful signings.
Not now they are going to City and not us, they are overhyped and probably not what we need ;) I wouldnt have minded either personally or of course Mbappe. The two I actually do think are over rated are Bakayako and Fabinho so I fully expect us to sign one of both of them

Silverman

If Jose wanted Silva or Mendy then I think we could have got them. They are moving to Manchester so why not pick the bigger better club? :D Jose knows what he wants and i'm confident Woodward will get him who he wants.

Macern

Pee pee pants
We should've had his flight number so we could track it and see where it lands

Edit: nevermind, that was a really stupid post

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I think City letting Ihenacho go is a mistake on their part.
It's not really their choice. They have Aguero and have added Jesus. Kelechi probably wants to play football and therefore leave.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers

The only thing I would add is if Ed let's things drag on then you will understand people getting twitchy. Jose has put it in his hands and will expect him to deliver. To be stressing this early is just silly.
We dont know who is on Joses list so why is there moaning?

LonelyFire

Who cares what the fans want. The only thing that matters is Jose gets the players he asks for.
According to a number on here that's not true.....it's all about transfers and City are taking us to the cleaners. Mass hysteria.

Like I said earlier, I don't give a toss who City sign. It's irrelevant.

AltiUn

According to a number on here that's not true.....it's all about transfers and City are taking us to the cleaners. Mass hysteria.

True, as long as we're making clear and obvious progress then we don't need to worry about anything else.

SATA

I don't mind us signing Ihenacho if we have spare change. He's a really good player who can score players and is still so young

AltiUn

I don't mind us signing Ihenacho if we have spare change. He's a really good player who can score players and is still so young
That'd be brilliant, still think he can be a top striker, personally. Doubt City would sell to us but if he progresses well at wherever he goes to hopefully we can pick him up in a few years.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Galatasaray strong bid for Matthieu
Lyon ask about Digne´s loan

Sparky Rhiwabon

Or it may be going perfectly according to plan.
Yeah quite possibly although both Silva and Mendy were heavily linked with us before City got their grubby oil-stained hands on them. Obviously reports are not always correct and, regardless, I'm sure Jose gave Ed more than one alternative for each role he wants.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

Agreed. The fundamental problem is people created a false construct that set an expectation that we were definitely in for x Monaco player when in reality we know feck all about who Jose is actually after.