Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
Can't see it being £45m personally, same way I didn't see B.Silva being €70m. Time will tell though. Another keeper good with his feet, hope this one can save!

032Devil

Think Matuidi would have been a great signing a few years ago, but not sure who will be interested now he's north of 30. Certainly don't see him moving to the PL.
If Mourinho gets Matuidi and Perisic, they would probably be short-term signings as they're both around 30. In SAF days short-term signs used to be less than £10m. Now its about £35m I suppose.

Triple.Threat

At Manchester City, Ederson gives the (huge) step to become proprietor of the brazilian selection. There's plenty of quality

Mister_Stubbs

Sky sports already calling him the "most talented young goalkeeper in the world".. I doubt they've even ever fecking heard of him.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
It would equal Buffon's transfer from Parma to Juve no? City are looking at buying like 5 or 6 players. If it continues like this, they will end up spending like 300m euros with these huge transfer fees. If Ederson goes for 45m, I'd like to think we would get at least 70m for De Gea. Not that De Gea is leaving anway.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
He's very good. Broke through around February last year and since then has kept Cesar to the bench. Benfica have done well with goalkeepers, having Oblak then him.
Correct. I dunno if he's worth a record breaking fee but he's a very good keeper. And this comes from a Sporting fan and United sympathizer. Tbf i've been impressed since his Rio Ave days. City doing good business so far but ofc let's see how Ederson and Bernardo Silva adapt.

ColvaleGoa

Oh Dear...do I see a " Caf Meltdown" coming over City signing Ederson?? That's 2 targets for City and Poor Woodward's going to get the blame for taking holidays!

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
It would equal Buffon's transfer from Parma to Juve no? City are looking at buying like 5 or 6 players. If it continues like this, they will end up spending like 300m euros with these huge transfer fees. If Ederson goes for 45m, I'd like to think we would get at least 70m for De Gea. Not that De Gea is leaving anway.
I don't see them paying more for Ederson than they did for Silva. Knowing us we won't get anything like a fair fee for De Gea.

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
Fee of £34m now creeping out on social media from Portuguese sources, that sounds more realistic, but again it shows the kind of market we are in. Definitely see De Gea going for £60m+ if these figures stack up, only problem is how much would it cost to replace him?

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
More talented than Donnaruma?
Its all hyperbole. You cannot measure talent. I do think ederson is a good keeper, all stats and reviews from benfica fans say so(i read some forum views when we linked to him as DDG replacement). They seem to think that he has very good reflexes and is amazing with passing and kicking the ball. He also likes to rush out from his position playing like a sweeeper keeper. Only Little concern over his handling of crosses.

IrishRedDevil

Fee of £34m now creeping out on social media from Portuguese sources, that sounds more realistic, but again it shows the kind of market we are in. Definitely see De Gea going for £60m+ if these figures stack up, only problem is how much would it cost to replace him?
What sources are quoting £34m?

Castia

He's only played one season in Portugal too, he hasn't been tested honestly.

37 games after coming from the B team and suddenly you're a 45m keeper, Jesus.

Pickford just had a great season in a much harder league for a shit team that average 20 shots against every game....how much is he worth?

Dong Fangzhuo

Depends on what route we go. You don't need a superhuman GK to win trophies, a good solid GK will do if you have a good defence, so we could well keep Romero for 1-2 seasons and re-assess or we could sign a Schmeichel/Handanovic type for a reasonable fee. If we go for top drawer, Oblak/Donnarumma/whoever else is hot these days, we'd probably not get much change from the DDG fee.

cyberman

I hope he turns out to be the goalkeeping equivalent of the last player they bought from the Portuguese league: Mangala.
When they brought Bravo he was supposed to be one of the best keepers in the world with some La Liga fans claiming he was near DDG level.
City can't wait for this kid to adapt. If he struggles under the directness of the EPL then City could be in trouble

IrishRedDevil

Madness!
If someone like him is going for £45m, then we can demand £80m for De Gea.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal

Pickford just had a great season in a much harder league for a shit team that average 20 shots against every game....how much is he worth?
He played at Rio Ave and was good there. He was also always very good in the CL for Benfica as well. Oblak played at União de Leiria and they got relegated. Ben Foster played at United and is now a decent keeper at West Brom in the almighty Prem. Who's better? Gk is a very specific position. Besides comparing English talent, when was the last time England "produced" a decent gk talent? I'd definitely go for the lesser league, Benfica keeper rather than Pickford.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

He's played in the Champions League as well and was one of their best players.

el3mel

It's as if the journalists saw City signing one or 2 players then they decided to link them to all players in the world. Impossible that they're negotiating will all these players at once.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
It's as if the journalists saw City signing one or 2 players then they decided to link them to all players in the world. Impossible that they're negotiating will all these players at once.
They have signed two already, it is clearly strategic. It is not impossible and being done systematically.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
When we were discussing De Gea replacement's this chap wasn't mentioned at all I don't believe, we had Donnarumma, Schmeichel, Oblack, Leno (I believe) but never this chap so surely he can't be that good?

Zoo

He's been linked with them throughout the season. With Walker also likely to be their new RB then hopefully this means Fabinho to United.

Bojan11

Probably been planning for months. Plus transfers don't take so long especially when you willing to pay anything at all costs.

Carvalho would be a underwhelming signing for them. Hope they get him than Fabinho. But both are not the pass masters that Pep needs to dictate games.

Irrational.

Pep really not messing around. He knows another trophyless season and he'll be booted out. He can't take any chances this season.