Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

el3mel

They have signed two already, it is clearly strategic. It is not impossible and being done systematically.
He's been linked with them throughout the season. With Walker also likely to be their new RB then hopefully this means Fabinho to United.
Probably been planning for months. Plus transfers don't take so long especially when you willing to pay anything at all costs.

Carvalho would be a underwhelming signing for them. Hope they get him than Fabinho. But both are not the pass masters that Pep needs to dictate games.
3 Quotes at once. I'm not going to replay on each one individually.

Whatever they're planning for it or not, this break of all players wanting to sign for them started after this Silva deal. After it the journalists linked them to almost all players possible, even Mbappe. I just can't believe this.

We have been in the exact same condition last 2 season of being linked to all players in the world just for having money.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Pep really not messing around. He knows another trophyless season and he'll be booted out. He can't take any chances this season.
Well he wont, today's reports said, they were looking to extend his contract.

Walters_19_MuFc

City's team could look pretty tasty next season.

Ederson
Walker Kompany Otamendi Mendy
Carvalho
Silva De Bruyne Silva Sane
Aguero​

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
When we were discussing De Gea replacement's this chap wasn't mentioned at all I don't believe, we had Donnarumma, Schmeichel, Oblack, Leno (I believe) but never this chap so surely he can't be that good?
Probably because he had been nailed on to join City so pointless discussing him as an option.

bucky

City going for Carvalho doesn't rule out Fabinho for them. Could just be that Guardiola intends to use him as a right-back again.

el3mel

Also the other teams aren't heavily linked to any players as them so why ? Not just us, but basically during last days I heard one or 2 rumors about Chelsea and Liverpool, zero about Arsenal and City. City is dominating the rumors stage these days, just like us last 2 seasons.

Damien

Staff
Really? I'd never even heard of him until a few days ago
Yep. He'd been linked with them since pretty much the turn of the year. Those who don't watch Portuguese football or keep up to date with transfers won't have heard of him but those who've seen transfer tweets in general this season will know his name.

I think there was one thing linking us to Ederson a few days or so ago but it was bullshit IMO.

el3mel

I'm just saying that it doesn't rule out Fabinho. And I wouldn't put it past City trying to sign Carvalho, Walker and Fabinho.
Are you saying they'll try to sign every player possible in the market ?

bucky

Come on mate, the old dementor is trying to be positve. :( ;)
To be honest I couldn't care less about Walker or Carvalho and like I said before, missing out on Fabinho wouldn't be the end of the world for me. I'd be far more gutted about Lemar and B. Silva. But yeah, let's be positive. Fabinho is ours. :devil:

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
Carvalho would be underwhelming in one of our weakest positions. Would put an end to the Fabinho hopes in my eyes.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Carvalho :lol: no way. Why would they buy him? After being managed by Jardim, he has been great in exactly two games. Important no doubt, Real Madrid away for the CL and Euro2016 final. That's it. I'd personally drive him to the Sheik's private Jet in Lisbon. Gotta love transfer market season.

Damien

Staff
Why? That is new for me
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...otball-news/man-city-ffp-refund-uefa-12928418

A statement from UEFA read: “Manchester City FC and Paris Saint-Germain, whose settlement agreements were signed back in May 2014, have fully complied with all the requirements and overall objective of their agreements.

“Consequently, they have exited the settlement regime.”
UEFA refunded them for complying with FFP sanctions (transfer restrictions and reduced squad for CL) so they've nothing to worry about now as UEFA have abandoned FFP.

el3mel

I think they don't care about FFP and take advantage of UEFA's lenience as long as they can.
I can't see them getting all 3 players. If they get all 3 I suppose we shouldn't play the next league at all and give them the EPL cup on August.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Are you saying they'll try to sign every player possible in the market ?
Of course, now that they have signed one promising player in B.Silva they are the only ones that will have a good transfer market. Scouting must be the easiest job in the world since the caf are so good at identifying our targets :lol:

jesperjaap

Pep is determined to build Barcelona B

A plastic imitation of that team won't work in the Prem.
That is the thing for me with Guardiolas philosophy. His idea of how football should be played is kind of a great one, but lets face it, it can only really work with fantastic technical players all over the pitch. He pretty much inherited that at Barcelona and Bayern to a degree. He spent a fortune last year and pretty much has the attacking players for it now but at the same time as of yet Bravo has been a disaster, as has Stones and with Kompany and Gundogans fitness being questionable he still virtually needs new players for 6 or 7 of the first eleven spots to make it work......or in total over two years nigh on £500m. Christ, I have produced footballing Nirvana for far less on Football Manager. I think he is a really good manager, though as of yet also the most over rated manager of all time considering he is already being compared to the greatest of all time. For me he will never have the man management leadership skills of Ferguson, would never be able to win the champions league with smaller clubs such as Clough or Mourinho.
I would love him to spend all the money being bandied about this summer, fail again and win nothing

el3mel

Of course, now that they have signed one promising player in B.Silva they are the only ones that will have a good transfer market. Scouting must be the easiest job in the world since the caf are so good at identifying our targets :lol:
I want us to sign any player to calm the people down, even though they'll probably overreact more if we sign Perisic or Keane first. :D

Devil may care

To be honest I couldn't care less about Walker or Carvalho and like I said before, missing out on Fabinho wouldn't be the end of the world for me. I'd be far more gutted about Lemar and B. Silva. But yeah, let's be positive. Fabinho is ours. :devil:
I would have loved Bernardo Silva but I was never convinced we'd be in for him in truth, with Lemar I still hold out some hope, if we want a LW he'd be a much better option than Perisic. I know you have a few other CM options you like but for now we'll celebrate the imminent capture of Fabinho! :D

izec

Pep buying half Monaco and half the Portuguese league. Surprised he hasnt bought or got linked with a Spaniard so far.

bucky

I can't see them getting all 3 players. If they get all 3 I suppose we shouldn't play the next league at all and give them the EPL cup on August.
They can only field 11 players though. Us and others will improve as well.

bucky

I would have loved Bernardo Silva but I was never convinced we'd be in for him in truth, with Lemar I still hold out some hope, if we want a LW he'd be a much better option than Perisic. I know you have a few other CM options you like but for now we'll celebrate the imminent capture of Fabinho! :D
I thought he was the more likely of the two for Mourinho, due to him being Portuguese and the Mendes connection. Plus the reports from France.

Fabinho would definitely make me happy. :D