Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

Newman123

Supports
Arsenal
Pep should resign the day the season ends if he doesn't win the league with the squad he'll have. They should be making the last 4 of the CL, too.
And what about Jose? Both should be top 2 and in the quarters at least of the UCL.

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
For 30m, we should have been all over that.
This trend of saying "we should be all over this" or "we should have been all over that" is beginning to grate on me.

Also, I prefer defenders who can actually defend.

William_Meredith

Supports
Swansea City
Not knowing much about the 2 players....are we like to see a double bender in the box?

Or do they occupy different areas?
Well, Lars Bender is very comfortable in the box, naturally, but even German brothers might feel uncomfortable being so close together. However, if ordered by a suitably tactically curious manager, I expect the innate cultural tendency towards discipline would overwhelm these primitive sensibilities.

midnightmare

And what about Jose? Both should be top 2 and in the quarters at least of the UCL.
Ummm. Why would that be? We finished 6th and so far have replaced Zlatan+Rooney with Lukaku and added a CB given Rojo will miss the start of the season and we have the walking injury Jones as our next best option.

How does this compare with what City have already spent? Pep outspent us by quite a way last season and then too was starting with a better team.

Amazing how short-sighted people can be. One signing - Lukaku in this case - doesn't get you from 6th to Top 2...

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
I can't see Benfica selling Semedo for only €30m. They got €35m rising to €45m for Lindelof and I reckon they're looking for more for Semedo.
Reliable local rumours now say it is all but a done deal, only question is what the fee will be. It's the 2nd great move this summer, after bringing Deulofeu back - even better because the board didn't succeed in overpaying for Bellerin who was never my first choice.

Nelson Semedo has the profile I hoped for, we'll see if he's up to the task - that right side should be clicking better now

United Pro

Reliable local rumours now say it is all but a done deal, only question is what the fee will be. It's the 2nd great move this summer, after bringing Deulofeu back - even better because the board didn't succeed in overpaying for Bellerin who was never my first choice.

Nelson Semedo has the profile I hoped for, we'll see if he's up to the task - that right side should be clicking better now
Semedo is definitively an improvement on Roberto as a RB. But Benfica are one of the best selling clubs in the world, so I can't see the fee being only €30m. I still think Barca have to spend on better squad quality, if they are to compete with Madrid next season.

dichinero

Ummm. Why would that be? We finished 6th and so far have replaced Zlatan+Rooney with Lukaku and added a CB given Rojo will miss the start of the season and we have the walking injury Jones as our next best option.

How does this compare with what City have already spent? Pep outspent us by quite a way last season and then too was starting with a better team.

Amazing how short-sighted people can be. One signing - Lukaku in this case - doesn't get you from 6th to Top 2...
I think his point is that both managers have spent heavily and thus should be expected to be judged so. Whether we finished 6th or City finished 4th is of no consequence now..

Dracula

caf plane air-master
Breaking:

Pep Guardiola is due for a medical at Man City after spending £50m on Kyle Walker.

Shamelessly stolen from internet

Peanut Butter

Lads, take it elsewhere for god sake. It's just pages and pages of debate and hardly any tweets.

The Man City/spending stuff is so boring and has been done to death.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Semedo is definitively an improvement on Roberto as a RB. But Benfica are one of the best selling clubs in the world, so I can't see the fee being only €30m. I still think Barca have to spend on better squad quality, if they are to compete with Madrid next season.
I think most Benfica fans would concur that he is an important cog in the team. Roberto was never a longterm solution but goes to show the versatility of La Masia products, he did terrific

Fee at this point is a bonus whatever it is because it surely will be less than Walker or Bellerin

Anduin

I think most Benfica fans would concur that he is an important cog in the team. Roberto was never a longterm solution but goes to show the versatility of La Masia products, he did terrific

Fee at this point is a bonus whatever it is because it surely will be less than Walker or Bellerin
Do you reckon Aleix Vidal will come back strongly from his injury? He seemed to improve a lot before his long term absence if memory serves. When is he scheduled to come back? Semedo and Vidal could be two great options at right-back