Transfers and contract news for WSL 20/21 season

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
I don't think we've mentioned this rumour before on here. Alessia Russo may be the next signing announced by United women. According to some on Twitter at least.

She's English, played youth football with Chelsea and had spent the last couple of years playing college football/soccer in the US. She came back to the UK because she wants to play football. She's just completed her quarantine and can come out to play now...

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
It's strange how Russo is in the England squad and yet doesn't seem to have a club. Injury?
She was in the US at college until this summer, and I think she was about to do her final year. Covid changed her plans. So she hasn't actually been on a club contract.

It looks she decided to come back to the England and start playing for a WSL team. Us? I guess we'll find out soon. You're right though, she's in the England squad so I'm guessing she's been training somewhere.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
The transfer window has now closed.

Clubs can still sign free agents, who aren't under contract elsewhere. The one I've seen mentioned in the United context is Lotte Wubben-Moy. She's an English defender, U21 international, who has been playing alongside Alessia Russo in the US. Like Alessia she decided to come back this year because of the disruption from covid.

The Guardian has a summary of the summer window signings. There's a nice feature on that page, so you can choose a team to look at and it shows you all the comings and goings.

City and Chelsea have strengthened both their squads and their first 11. Arsenal not doing as much. United's late flourish making us look like serious contenders to shake up the top three.
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...mminile-serie-a-d1-feminine-primera-iberdrola

Himannv

The transfer window has now closed.

Clubs can still sign free agents, who aren't under contract elsewhere. The one I've seen mentioned in the United context is Lotte Wubben-Moy. She's an English defender, U21 international, who has been playing alongside Alessia Russo in the US. Like Alessia she decided to come back this year because of the disruption from covid.

The Guardian has a summary of the summer window signings. There's a nice feature on that page, so you can choose a team to look at and it shows you all the comings and goings.

City and Chelsea have strengthened both their squads and their first 11. Arsenal not doing as much. United's late flourish making us look like serious contenders to shake up the top three.
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...mminile-serie-a-d1-feminine-primera-iberdrola
That article lists Lotte Wubben-Moy as a signing for Arsenal.