Transfers - comings, goings - 21/22 - United players ask PFA for backing

Andersons Dietician

Hold up :lol: :lol: :lol: Has anyone clicked that link to look at the pic then seen where the source of the pics is coming from. Wikifeet home of celebrity feet pics and Milli is on it.

Andersons Dietician

How long till Phil Neville gets sacked at Miami Fc or whatever they are called? Are they still Struggiling. I wonder…

Lightbringer

Time for United to raid damallsvenskan, while there is still quality swedish national players there. Everton has got it going already. I predict there will be mass departures to various european leagues shortly.Make Stina Blacksternius an offer she cant refuse to start with.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Time for United to raid damallsvenskan, while there is still quality swedish national players there. Everton has got it going already. I predict there will be mass departures to various european leagues shortly.Make Stina Blacksternius an offer she cant refuse to start with.
Sweden leading the USA 3-0 in their Olympics opening match. Possibilities?

Lightbringer

Sweden leading the USA 3-0 in their Olympics opening match. Possibilities?
I would consider the following players: Julia Zigiotti, Filippa Angeldahl, Madelen Janogy.

It was a shame that Everton got Nathalie Björn, which I rated very highly.

Stina Blackstenius should attract plenty of attention, she would slot in nicely at Utd.

There are some brilliant players in damallsvenskan, I have come to realize that even more as I am watching even more games this season as my club Hammarby finally made it back to the top league.

Hopefully United have better players in the pipeline though, John Murtough has some huge work to do.

Last edited:

Wixqaz

Supports
Celtic

I’m posting this here as it sort of disputes some of the facilities stuff from the various Athletic articles. I notice specifically that Kirsty mentions COVID as the reason the groups don’t mix and that Ole does watch them train. I remember in one of the Articles it compared ‘Pep watches the women’s players and Ole doesn’t’ considering His daughter is in the youth team I always doubted that.

I’m not saying the articles are wrong etc, but it’s very 2 sides to every story. I do wonder which player/s are feeding the Athletic. They’ll be English no doubt.

Wixqaz

Supports
Celtic
Whats the status of Abbie McManus?
Word was she was going to Leicester and her contract did expire in June. No reason not to announce the exit.

I think a journo said that the reason it hadn't gone through is she and a couple of others were waiting to see if they'd be an option for the new manager. Bentley and Smith had contracts that expired and no announced renewal as well. She is a fan and obviously something happened between her and Casey in Jan for them to loan her out.

Lightbringer

Word was she was going to Leicester and her contract did expire in June. No reason not to announce the exit.

I think a journo said that the reason it hadn't gone through is she and a couple of others were waiting to see if they'd be an option for the new manager. Bentley and Smith had contracts that expired and no announced renewal as well. She is a fan and obviously something happened between her and Casey in Jan for them to loan her out.
Thanks.

I rather keep Abbie than Harris, thats for sure. I would not mind extending Abbie for another year. I was suprised about her "falling out" with Casey. I dont like blowing up the whole core of the team unless there is quality coming in. How many strikers do we need to sign btw? I reckon we need to sign 2 top quality strikers. Especially when Russo is coming off surgeries on both legs and will only just be fit when the seasons starts barring any setbacks, thats a huge question mark.

Wixqaz

Supports
Celtic
Thanks.

I rather keep Abbie than Harris, thats for sure. I would not mind extending Abbie for another year. I was suprised about her "falling out" with Casey. I dont like blowing up the whole core of the team unless there is quality coming in. How many strikers do we need to sign btw? I reckon we need to sign 2 top quality strikers. Especially when Russo is coming off surgeries on both legs and will only just be fit when the seasons starts barring any setbacks, thats a huge question mark.
I'm going to the assumption that Thomas essentially replaces Ross and maybe Carrie Jones can be the bench replacement for Sigsworth (I have liked Jones so far, but she needs a lot of time to develop). So really another starting forward is needed who essentially replaces Press/James and I'd ideally like to see another wide forward as well, althought I do like Hanson and would like to see her get more consistent time on that right wing. So Thomas + another starting forward (and maybe another winger).

The midfield has a lot of options now, so Toone can play on that right side, but I don't think she's the best there now. MS played 4231 and 433 at Pride which would work with the current/expected players.

kundalini

What's the current status of the squad? There a list somewhere?
Keepers:

Mary Earps
Sophie Baggaley (signed)
Emily Ramsey (gone out on loan to Birmingham after signing a new 2 year deal)
Fran Bentley (gone out on loan to Bristol City after signing a new 2 year deal)

Defenders:

Ona Batlle
Hannah Blundell (signed)
Martha Harris * (apparently out of contract but an extension may simply not have been announced yet)
Kirsty Smith * (apparently out of contract but an extension may simply not have been announced yet)
Millie Turner
Aoife Mannion (signed)
Maria Thorisdottir

Midfield:

Hayley Ladd
Jackie Groenen
Katie Zelem * (apparently out of contract but an extension may simply not have been announced yet, all the signs point towards her staying)
Vilde Boe Risa (signed)
Lucy Staniforth
Ella Toone

Attack:

Leah Galton
Alessia Russo
Kirsty Hanson
Ivana Fuso
Martha Thomas (signed)

* - at least an element of doubt about the situation

Players that have left: Jane Ross, Jess Sigsworth, Amy Turner, Christen Press, Tobin Heath, Lauren James, Abbie McManus

Youngsters that trained with the first team squad last season and were on the bench for several matches: Carrie Jones, Tara Bourne

Post updated to include the official announcement of Abbie McManus' departure, Aoife Mannion's arrival and Martha Thomas joining. Also new deals for Emily Ramsey and Fran Bentley, both going out on loan.

Last edited:

roseguy64

Keepers:

Mary Earps
Sophie Baggaley (signed)
Emily Ramsey (rumoured to be going out on loan)
Fran Bentley * (apparently out of contract but an extension may simply not have been announced yet)

Defenders:

Ona Batlle
Hannah Blundell (signed)
Martha Harris * (apparently out of contract but an extension may simply not have been announced yet)
Kirsty Smith * (apparently out of contract but an extension may simply not have been announced yet)
Millie Turner
Aoife Mannion * (rumoured to have signed but not yet been announced)
Maria Thorisdottir
Abbie McManus * (probably out of contract, expected to join Leicester but not announced, so unclear at the moment)

Midfield:

Hayley Ladd
Jackie Groenen
Katie Zelem * (apparently out of contract but an extension may simply not have been announced yet, all the signs point towards her staying)
Vilde Boe Risa (signed)
Lucy Staniforth
Ella Toone

Attack:

Leah Galton
Alessia Russo
Kirsty Hanson
Ivana Fuso
Martha Thomas * (rumoured to have signed but not yet been announced)

* - at least an element of doubt about the situation

Players that have left: Jane Ross, Jess Sigsworth, Amy Turner, Christen Press, Tobin Heath, Lauren James
Thanks. Lots of work to do then considering the quality up front/attacking talent that's left.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
It feels like we've lost 3 or 4 of the starting XI and several of the "first subs". At the moment it's not obvious that we've signed more than one or two starters.

Hopefully they're all just waiting for the manager to announce them :smirk: Plus, maybe some of them are in Japan. I guess it depends on how optimistic I'm feeling, and whether I'm worried or merely concerned!

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Been quite a busy week so far in comings and goings. Still uneasy that there's about a month to go before the new season starts and new manager hasn't been confirmed or pre-season fixtures either.

Wixqaz

Supports
Celtic
Been quite a busy week so far in comings and goings. Still uneasy that there's about a month to go before the new season starts and new manager hasn't been confirmed or pre-season fixtures either.
Yep. Although from the Pride announcement it seems clear it's Skinner (I'm thinking he'd probably have to quarantine after getting back to the UK so maybe it'll be next week till it's officially announced).

I'd also just like to see one more real quality incomming. A Groenen/Boe Risa level forward signing. I don't mean Kyah Simon either (although she's a good player she's made of glass). Just someone who you can think - Thats a definite improvement on the current team.

One thing I hope changes with the new manager is the pre-season secrecy. There's no need to hide results and not tell us games are happening etc. Should be the same as the mens games.

Lightbringer

Everton just signed the most touted swedish talent ever in Hanna Bennison to a long term contract. It said the transfer fee from Rosengård is at least 100 000£. Everton really robs the swedish top league, smart moves though. The race for the 3rd and even 4th spot will be very tough.

Last edited:

Danish Wizard

Bennison will probably not walk straight into the starting 11, it would surprise me. I'm working as a scout in the women's game, and have watched both Everton and Rosengard a lot. She has everything, but still needs to develop, so for her, hopefully Everton gradually introduces her to football at the highest level in England. But yes, a super signing for them. They have a really exciting squad now.
United should look to snap up Kathrine Kühl from FC Nordsjælland in Denmark. Almost as talented as Bennison.

Lightbringer

I would consider the following players: Julia Zigiotti, Filippa Angeldahl, Madelen Janogy.

It was a shame that Everton got Nathalie Björn, which I rated very highly.

Stina Blackstenius should attract plenty of attention, she would slot in nicely at Utd.

There are some brilliant players in damallsvenskan, I have come to realize that even more as I am watching even more games this season as my club Hammarby finally made it back to the top league.

Hopefully United have better players in the pipeline though, John Murtough has some huge work to do.
So I recomended that United sign Filippa Angeldahl before the olympics, and now City have signed her instead. Its going to be a shame to see her at Qatar Oil, I cant stand City,

Gordon S

So I recomended that United sign Filippa Angeldahl before the olympics, and now City have signed her instead. Its going to be a shame to see her at Qatar Oil, I cant stand City,
And Stina Blackstenius is still playing in Sweden for some reason. Thought there would be huge interest after impressing in the Olympics.

Lightbringer

And Stina Blackstenius is still playing in Sweden for some reason. Thought there would be huge interest after impressing in the Olympics.
Angeldahl had 2 months left on her contract, and City paid 70 000£ for her anyway, more than we got for Lauren James. But of course City has endless of money to spend.

Blackstenius also has 2 months left on her contract now, so she will be a free agent in 2 months unless she signs a new deal with Häcken.

Obviously Häcken aims to win the swedish league so they dont want to sell of their best players mid season, but when City upped the bid they sold Angeldahl.

They could use that cash to offer Blackstenius a huge new contract, but probably some big club will offer more anyways. Blackstenius would have been a perfect need and fit for United.

Last edited:

Andersons Dietician

Talksport just said Arsenal have signed Tobin Heath.
I just came to say something on this. That’s an utter blow. I had assumed she was just going to go back to the US but to find out she is staying in England and not with us sucks. She was brilliant when she was playing for us.

Seen pics of her in the kit and what looks like an Arsenal launch.

Lightbringer

Did we really replace Press, Heath, Lauren James and Jess with Marta Thomas?

So we have a double injured Russo, Marta Thomas with a bum knee. And Fuso who bareley has played 2-3 games in total.

Thats never going to cut it for top 3.

Lightbringer

I just came to say something on this. That’s an utter blow. I had assumed she was just going to go back to the US but to find out she is staying in England and not with us sucks. She was brilliant when she was playing for us.

Seen pics of her in the kit and what looks like an Arsenal launch.
Did United want her back after Stoney left at any point?

Would they have the budget to sign her now?

Or did Heath dont want to come back because of bad facilites and such? And also because of not qualifying for CL?

Shes soon to be 34, she will be declining and probaly picking up more injuries. Still probably will help Arsenal edge us out of top 3.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Did we really replace Press, Heath, Lauren James and Jess with Marta Thomas?

So we have a double injured Russo, Marta Thomas with a bum knee. And Fuso who bareley has played 2-3 games in total.

Thats never going to cut it for top 3.
It's a worry. Just looks like we were scrabbling about for players, which could have a big impact on our season.

Wixqaz

Supports
Celtic
I too am concerned about the forwards, just because of the lack of firepower they had last season anyway. A lot depends on injuries, I'd have really liked to see at least 1 but ideally 2 new ones bought in.

The Heath situation is complicated. She is an Arsenal fan, and the suggestion is she would have gone there last season but they wouldn't/couldn't take both her and Press. Arsenal's manager has now changed and the suggestion is she may only be there until December.

The reason for that is because while at United she was traded away from the team she'd been at for years in NWSL (Portland Thorns) to a new team, Racing Louisville basically against her will, which happens all the time in NWSL. They took both her and Press, probably because they thought they'd be able to trade them for a lot or because if they got them both they thought they might actually play for them. They've now traded away Press to another new team, Angel City who have given alot for her, one thing is that they wont trade for anyone else from RL and also money and future draft picks. This means ACFC don't really have the ability to also trade for Heath even if they wanted to.

But there's another new team, San Diego. Thats the team Casey Stoney has gone to and Jill Ellis is involved with (lots of US Players hate Ellis, but Heath less so). So in November they'll have the ability to pickup some players from the other NWSL teams (the same way the Thorns lost Heath). RLFC haven't been able to get what they wanted so far for Heath from any team, if she's happy to play for San Diego they'd be stupid not to pick her in November.

Basically IMO Heath would always have chosen Arsenal over United as she's a fan. She's unlikely to stay long term at Arsenal either as she'll want to be back in the NWSL (and with Press as well). I'd have really loved to have seen her back at United, but with the team missing the UWCL and Stoney leaving I don't think there was ever a chance unfortunately.

Lightbringer

According to swedish paper Aftonbladet United did want Blackstenius, but Häcken did not want to sell and United would not lash out big money like City did with Angeldahl.

Obviously there were other clubs interested as well. From her comments seems she is Europe bound in the winter.

Still good that United were aware of her and wanted to recruit another striker.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
According to swedish paper Aftonbladet United did want Blackstenius, but Häcken did not want to sell and United would not lash out big money like City did with Angeldahl.

Obviously there were other clubs interested as well. From her comments seems she is Europe bound in the winter.

Still good that United were aware of her and wanted to recruit another striker.

When will she be able to move? Anyone else chasing her that we know of?

Wixqaz

Supports
Celtic
When will she be free to move.
January, think her contract ends this year as well? Their league is a full year one. I don't think she was at Goteborg before they became Hacken so VBR may not have an in there.

She would be a good signing, but it'll depend on her other options I guess.