Transfers you were genuinely gutted we missed out on

redcafe_reader

Ronaldinho. I know we got Ronaldo but I believe we can have both.
Robben. Big fan of his.
Hazard. I believe he would be even better with us.

hobbers

Cant have been that gutting to miss out on Bellingham originally, only in hindsight.

Benzema, Varane, Thiago, Robben

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Wasn't Ginola in the boardroom about to sign on the dotted line and someone said they were concerned he wouldn't like playing at the likes of St Mirren away etc and he promptly left and signed for Newcastle?
Fergus said to him how would you feel about playing Falkirk on a cold wet dark Wednesday night.

MattofManchester

Toni Kroos is number one. This one really hurt us.
Midfield partners of Cleverley, Anderson(who never played after), Fellaini and Herrera to partner Carrick was just depressing.

Luka Modric

Don't know if this counts, but Riyadh Mahrez. It continues to baffle me how we didn't go hell for leather for him and instead opted for a washed up LW from Arsenal who was crying before he even got to the club.

j65454

Paul Gascoigne was the missed Man Utd signing that bothers Fergie the most.

"In reality, you have to say, there's only one that always comes to my mind and that's Gascoigne Fergie says.

Gascoigne at united would have been immense.

jesperjaap

Ronaldhino and Shearer definately, but then again would Ronaldo and Cantona have happened, so not so gutted in the long run.

The other one was Batistuta, what a striker he was.....but never read to much in to it at the time. Serie A was the richest league in the world and we had wage and transfer restraints in those days so never saw it as anything but links and never going to happen anyway.

Most recent one, though the fee was ridiculous is Enzo Fernandez. Watched him a few times for Benfica after he was linked last summer and told my friend to put him in dream team long before the wolrd cup as he could be the surprise star of the tournament, really think he was perfect for our current side, we lauded Carrick in hi slater years for his positioning defensively and ability to pick out a long through ball....I think Enso offers the same attributes and more dribblign with the ball and gettign forward too

jesperjaap

Paul Gascoigne was the missed Man Utd signing that bothers Fergie the most.

"In reality, you have to say, there's only one that always comes to my mind and that's Gascoigne Fergie says.

Gascoigne at united would have been immense.
Still the most talented English player I have seen until that injury.....but I do wonder. How would Ferguson have handled him and I wonder his effect on the dressing room, imagining him alongside Keane and Cantona for example....and how would Scholes have done. Thats all hindsight mind you, the best Gascoigne and the magic of Ferguson motivating players he could also have been one of the best of all time. Never remember us linked but the other ENglish player I would have loved to have seem play here was Chris Waddle

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Youd have to wonder what a career shearer would have had if he had joined us.

Pronewbie

Peep
Modric, Varane, Aguero, Kroos and to a lesser extent Hazard would have ensured some level of success even after Fergie left. From when I was younger - I recall being extremely hyped up about Batistuta and Shearer.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Modric, Varane, Aguero, Kroos and to a lesser extent Hazard would have ensured some level of success even after Fergie left. From when I was younger - I recall being extremely hyped up about Batistuta and Shearer.
Any of those would have in my humble opinion saw us having won a few more European cups, and possibly one more league title, what a shame.

tomaldinho1

Joaquin after Beckham left. I was young at the time but remember just thinking he was an incredible player.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Arjen Robben. I remember seeing clips of this guy everywhere at one point. An absolute machine..would have been awesome for us.
Maybe Robben because he was so close. But Modric, who was never close, was a huge favorite of mine when at Zagreb. So frustrated when Spurs signed him. I think I wrote a few posts about him in here too.

We came quite close to putting up Ronaldo, Rooney and Robben. Would have been Ferguson answer to Mane, Firmino and Salah.

Partridge

Maybe Robben because he was so close. But Modric, who was never close, was a huge favorite of mine when at Zagreb. So frustrated when Spurs signed him. I think I wrote a few posts about him in here too.

We came quite close to putting up Ronaldo, Rooney and Robben. Would have been Ferguson answer to Mane, Firmino and Salah.
Agreed about modric. Cracking player who had improved every year. Would have been great for us, guy has a great engine. He was wasted at spurs imo.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Ronaldinho was gutting, and ultimately cost Kenyon his job.
Essien to Chelsea, he would have won the Ballon D'or if it wasn't for that knee injury.
Hazard to Chelsea, seems like we courted him for a while and in the end he decided to go to Chelsea after they won the CL.
Not really one we missed out on but Tevez to City was annoying because he offered something different than Berbatov who was probably 4th choice during that time.
Modric and Bale, who we'd all have probably swapped for both Berbatov and Carrick if given the opportunity.
Gascoigne would have been a great player under Fergie.
Pretty sure we missed out on Silva, Kompany and Aguero due to Glazernomics and allowed City to get a grip on the league.
Kroos, who the feck knows what Moyes, LVG or whoever the feck it was that canceled this move.
De Ligt would have been a great signing, especially in our team now.
Benzema when he was leaving Lyon. I remember Fergie waiting for him after the CL game with a signed United shirt and everything.

Some I'm glad we missed out on:
Jon Obi Mikel
Nunez
Gakpo
Ramsey
Sneijder
Fabregas (from Barca)
Gaitan
Baines
Perisic
Dybala
Jordan Henderson
Wasn’t the story that he sunk the deal on purpose because he had the Chelsea job lined up.

Bondi77

Why fergie didnt sign modric when he was at spurs is baffling.

Peak Ronaldinho in PL would have been the greatest and most entertaining player to play in the PL. Shame it didnt happen.
Modric didn't want to come to Utd
Why is that baffling?

crossy1686

career ending
Wasn’t the story that he sunk the deal on purpose because he had the Chelsea job lined up.
Not sure, I think he thought he had done to deal but didn't get back in time to conclude and Barca swooped in and stole it. Then he was open to the Chelsea move after that I think?

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Not sure, I think he thought he had done to deal but didn't get back in time to conclude and Barca swooped in and stole it. Then he was open to the Chelsea move after that I think?
No, he bid lower than the previously agreed deal and sunk the transfer.

One month later he was announced to be taking the Chelsea job.

El Zoido

Shearer. God knows how many he’d have scored for us, and what we might have won.

Pearl's a minger

Arjen Robben and Wesley Sneijder. However I wouldn't be surprised to see the press link us with Sneijder again this summer.

Real Name

Ronaldinho, Robben, Hazard.

Not sure there were links or not but Modrić. Oh boy. How we should have gone for him.