Travesty of Old Trafford: Enough is enough with our Mike Ashley-style owners

LVGSdive

First off, they are absolutely nothing like Mike Ashley.

Secondly, I'm going to go against the grain here and argue that the Glazers are guilty of the same thing as half of our fanbase, too often looking backwards starry-eyed and falling into the nostalgia trap. The irony of it all is that the most nostalgic amongst us appear to be the ones who despise the owners the most.

Sir Alex Ferguson worked wonders with these owners in charge and our two worst managerial appointments since SAF's retirement have been the ones recommended by SAF & Gill, and by a long distance.

The owners have spent enough money since SAF's retirement for us to be in a much better position than we are now, but they just can't seem to get the most important appointment correct. Woodward and co. have made 2 managerial appointments themselves, and I backed them bringing in both LVG and Mourinho, however in hindsight they are were never going to fit in or work here, and going from one to the other was a feck up of monumental proportions and cost the club an insane amount of money. In just 2 years LVG had already gutted the squad and brought in his own players for his system, and switching to Mourinho was always going to mean the same thing, it was ridiculously and needlessly expensive.

The Ole appointment is definitely a SAF/Gill/advisory board thing and at least this appointment has some of the right ideals in mind even if the appointment itself was beyond incompetent. I'm rather hopeful that the entire club got a wake up call after Mourinho and that the next manager won't be another flip flap and total rebuild, but a continuation of the work the club and current management team have done.

I genuinely, and probably naively believe that the club took in Ole because the next manager will share some of his and the clubs ideals and will continue this project rather than tearing it up. If Poch (preferred) or Nagelsmann were to replace Ole in the Summer I really do believe we'd be looking at a brighter future than what we have seen these past 6 years.
Exactly this. It's lazy to blame the Glaziers.

Regarding Managerial appointments post-Fergie:
David Moyes -Recommended by Fergie himself. Are they supposed to overrule him.
LVG -Had a lot of success in his long managerial career.
Jose Mourinho -One of the most successful managers of all time.
OGS -Club legend. Who had the best job interview any manager had ever had with our record under him as caretaker manager.

They have spent enormous amounts on players since Fergie left (figures from transfermarkt):
Pogba: £94.5M (most expensive central midfielder in the premier league and a world record transfer fee at the time)
Maguire: £78.3M (most expensive center-back in the premier league, most expensive defender of all time)
Lakaku: £76.23M (most expensive premier league striker of all time)
Di Maria: £67.5M (British transfer record at the time)
Martial: £54M
Fred: £53.1M
Wan-Bissaka: £49.5M (most expensive right-back of all time)
Mata: £40.26M
Matic: £40.23M
Mkhitaryan: £37.8M
Baily £34.2M
Shaw: £33.7m
Herrera: 32.4m
Depay: £30.6M

That's 14 players of £30M or more. Some players are the most expensive players in their position in the world.

Glaziers have done their part in regards to spending the money required to win trophies.

Denis79

But this makes no sense because we always spend around 95% of our revenue, there is no change in that and there is no reason for it change either. As for Mourinho it has already been explained multiple times but some of you really don't want to listen, when Mourinho arrived our wage bill was around 216m when he left it was around 330m, players don't play for free, their cost isn't limited to transfers fees and it reduces your ability to spend in the future.
Compared to our revenue, our wages aren't astronomical compared to other successful clubs around the world.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Compared to our revenue, our wages aren't astronomical compared to other successful clubs around the world.
That's not the point, we still spent 603m out of 627m last season. The actual money dedicated to intangible assets, mainly transfer fees was 178m and not the figure that some got from Skysports because we still have installments and some clauses to pay. The theory that you have doesn't match with reality, now reality isn't better because we are just bad at football management.

Champagne Football

How can anyone judge a manager who only has less than half a team?

Ole can turn it round with a big summer. He absolutely needs Grealish, Kalvin Phillips and Moussa Dembele. With those 3, along with Garner and Levitt breaking into first XI, then Ole can turn it round. Pogba and Lingard need to be Fed-Ex'd as far away as possible.

This season is a write off. Accept it. We're going through a proper rebuild this time, and not an expensive quick fix Jose total pussy rebuild like last time. No point posting your misery on here every time we lose as we are shite.

But with the 3 I mentioned, Ole can turn it around, and if not, by December 2020 bring Pochettino or Naglesmann in.

KekiZeki

Made a similar thread in the Newbies forum a few hours ago about the shocking state of our squad and how this window, if we don't strengthen, might be the final nail in the coffin.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/if-we-dont-sign-anyone-this-january-window.452702/

Similarly, this muppet walks in...

with a gem of a post declaring we shouldn't waste money on signings because they might not work out and we don't want to sacrifice our financial muscle as THAT is what ruins clubs. Proper one flew over the cuckoos nest stuff.

It was sarcasm you numpty! Now I am not gonna explain to you what sarcasm means, you'll just have to go through life with many things in the world not being clear to you. Managing of football club tops that list ;)

KekiZeki

Ole can turn it round with a big summer. He absolutely needs Grealish, Kalvin Phillips and Moussa Dembele. With those 3, along with Garner and Levitt breaking into first XI, then Ole can turn it round. Pogba and Lingard need to be Fed-Ex'd as far away as possible.

This season is a write off. Accept it. We're going through a proper rebuild this time, and not an expensive quick fix Jose total pussy rebuild like last time. No point posting your misery on here every time we lose as we are shite.

But with the 3 I mentioned, Ole can turn it around, and if not, by December 2020 bring Pochettino or Naglesmann in.
I am not gonna start names debate, who do we need, who we can get... but the fact of the matter is, we have people here treating results of this season as a make or break for the manager. This season was broken when the team was put togheter and Solskjaer didn't do that. We can debate if he's the right man for the job but not if he's to blame for the current state of the team, that's just blaming him for prior mistakes.

The idea Ole will suddenly have us being a much better sides with those 3 extremely underwhelming names and Pogba gone gave me a giggle.

kopviolator

OGS -Club legend. Who had the best job interview any manager had ever had with our record under him as caretaker manager.

They have spent enormous amounts on players since Fergie left (figures from transfermarkt):
Pogba: £94.5M (most expensive central midfielder in the premier league and a world record transfer fee at the time)
Maguire: £78.3M (most expensive center-back in the premier league, most expensive defender of all time)
Baily £34.2M

That's 14 players of £30M or more. Some players are the most expensive players in their position in the world.

Glaziers have done their part in regards to spending the money required to win trophies.
The board of directors:

Joel Glazer; Co-chairman and director
Kevin Glazer; Director
Bryan Glazer; Director
Darcie Glazer; Director
Edward Glazer; Director
plus others

Yes they have spent money but they don't know what they're doing.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
We have invested but incredibly badly. The ones position we really needed to invest in was a DOF or whatever title we want to give it and they haven't. Until we do and pick the right man for that position we will fail miserably. I would not even trust this lot to chose the right man for that job.

JPRouve

Scout
We have invested but incredibly badly. The ones position we really needed to invest in was a DOF or whatever title we want to give it and they haven't. Until we do and pick the right man for that position we will fail miserably. I would not even trust this lot to chose the right man for that job.
The hope for me is that they somehow managed to identify Butt and a DOF isn't a lot different to an academy director.

DomesticTadpole

Baily £34.2M

They were willing to appoint those managers , they employ the coaches, managers, players, so they have to take some of the blame. They love boasting about us being the biggest club in the world. Well we might be on the financial side, but that will change, but prestige wise we aren't by a long way.

R'hllor

Thank god you spoke up. For weeks I've been asking myself, what's Ranchero's opinion on this? And how we have it. Totally warrants its own thread too with pictures and everything!

Denis' cuff

I don't have the stats but I'm rather certain that since SAF's retirement we've invested as much as anyone bar City? Or am I way off Denis :confused:
Where to,start?

Since Evra, Frdinand, Vidic, Rooney, Scholes etc etc etc all left we have under invested. Even some that we did invest in like Falcao, Di Maria, Schwein etc were utterly ridiculous vanity buys, serving only to give those players a late windfall,in their careers. We haven't even nearly half way replaced players. We have also sold a number of players and players like McTom, who were regarded as inadequate stand ins, have now become irreplaceable in context of the crap around them.

We need to be patient and allow the plan to develop, though

fecking scandalous these cnuts are sitting on their hands yet again, whilst we're in desperate need of players. We used to,say we're in danger of becoming Liverpool, then Arsenal. I wish. We're becoming Newcastle.

JPRouve

Scout
Where to,start?

Since Evra, Frdinand, Vidic, Rooney, Scholes etc etc etc all left we have under invested. Even some that we did invest in like Falcao, Di Maria, Schwein etc were utterly ridiculous vanity buys, serving only to give those players a late windfall,in their careers. We haven't even nearly half way replaced players. We have also sold a number of players and players like McTom, who were regarded as inadequate stand ins, have now become irreplaceable in context of the crap around them.

We need to be patient and allow the plan to develop, though
What do you been by underinvested? Because financially that's not true at all.

AshRK

We're going nowhere nowhen when we keep repeating that mantra, Glazers can feck off, and will definitely feck off, but there's no stopping us from Sacking Ole and actually reduce the embarassment we suffer as Manchester united.

"We're never beating Watford with Glazers and the woodwards in charge"
"We're never be able to string 5 passes without losing the ball with Glazers and woodswards in charge"
"We can't expect our 80M to defend with glazers and woodward in charge"
"We can't expect Ole to coach the team with Glazers and woodwards in charge"
"We can't properly judge ole with glazers and woodwards in charge"

I'm not defending them, but to blame them for everything under the sun is a feel good mantra, a painkiller because that way you have some sort of phantom you can blame when shits going our way.
Do you realise we have been losing to the likes of watford, norwich, west brom, Southampton, Sunderland, Hull, west ham, cardiff, huddersfield, brighton, newcastle, Mk dons and other so called smaller clubs for the last 6 years. It's not the first time since sir alex retired that we have played inept football. Every manager have given us new low. Remember losing to some midgtyland team or drawing to Wimbledon or something like that. We have had so many false dawns that we can't even count.

Shouting and pointing everything at the manager is what we have been doing . Sack moyes and save the embarrassment, sack lvg and save the embarrassment, sack Jose and save the embarrassment and now sack ole and save the embarrassment. The way we have been run we will be shouting in a yesr or two sack allegri/poch/whoever and save the embarrassment and in the meantime Woodward and the board will be here and fooling us all.

I will tell you a fact. In last 4 windows including this one we have just signed 6 players and off that 6 players one has been Lee freaking Grant, Daniel James signed from championship and a young unkown right back from.Porto. And we call this rebuild. And in the same time we have let go 7 players. So 6 in and 7 out and we call this rebuild. But but but £80m on Maguire. Yeah and you should also realize even the likes.of.villa have higher net spend than us last summer. Isn't that shameful and embarrassing. Stop defending these leachers ffs.

For once look at the long term picture. If you want to bash Ole there are multiple threads to do it and you will get support because yes he is not the manager that can lead us forward. But Why bash him in a thread which talks about Glazers knowing very well when the real issue for the past 6 years have been Woodward and the board.

We all get it Ole is not the answer but this whole idea everything will be fine once we sack Ole is not true. Yes we may do better for short time, may even win a trophy or two but if we are really serious about higher ambition and acting like a big club we wouldn't reach that under this board.

AmanNits04

Honestly guys, what do you think is going to happen now?
Are we finally going to sign some players who will elevate us to a new level or are we going to continue with this and then eventually sack Ole.
Incase we sack Ole, who are we going to appoint?
What do you people think?
For me, we are going to perform inconsistently and then maybe appoint a new manager next season with Pogba definitely being sold.

Champagne Football

The idea Ole will suddenly have us being a much better sides with those 3 extremely underwhelming names and Pogba gone gave me a giggle.
Only today Danny Murphy came out saying Kalvin Phillips reminds him of Carrick and tipped him for the very top. But Leeds will get promoted and will not sell.

But you're right, we should have stuck with Jose and given him another 250 million to spend on Jerome Boateng, Ribery and Ozil.

TRUERED89

Baily £34.2M

So who's at fault mainly then? is it all on the managers?

Josep Dowling

I have kept quiet for some weeks now. But recent developments have only served to underline the fact the club is on a downward spiral and changing the manager alone is not going to solve it. In a way as a diehard fan going back to the days when we were actually relegated from the top flight, it is easy just to try not to think about it. That 'denial' mode where you know things are bad, and have been since Ferguson left, but you just don't want to face it.

But I never imagined even under David Moyes that we would get to a state where players that should not be here, if we had any aspirations to be a top Prem side, let alone a top European side, are turning their backs on us.

Ashley Young. The club captain. Rejects an extra year contract at the age of 34. Which came too late, as his contract, as with young players such as Gomes and Chong have been allowed to run down so they can talk to other clubs now. Add to that Bailly, Matic, Fosu-Mensah and Borthwick-Jackson who are in the final six months and while we may say we won't miss them, we will if we do not replace, and we haven't replace Lukaku, Sanchez, Herrera, Fellaini...

Lingard, signs up with notorious superagent Mino Raola, who vowed that none of his players would be joining the club soon, claiming Man Utd would ruin Diego Maradona, Pele and Paolo Maldini. The same superagent who is trying to get Paul Pogba out of our club... quite transparently, with the French World Cup winner's full backing. Lingard, a player who has 18 appearances in the Prem as an attacking player and has zero goals and zero assists to his name, seems to wants out...but who would have him?

And the travesty is, we cannot afford to let these players go, even without our line of 'injuries'.

Meanwhile in the transfer market it is the same old same old. Lots of players we let it be known on a daily basis that we are interested in who are never going to come. Haaland the more concerning of the throng, as he actually has a relationship with our manager. He would rather go to Dortmund than United. Dortmund! How far we have fallen.

Any fan who has followed our progress in recent years will not hold out hope of signing anyone in January, and yet we desperately need reinforcements, especially a creative midfielders, and, belatedly, a striker to replace Lukaku, who we didn't want. And we appear to be interested in Raul Jimanez of Wolves, a player who is not as good as Lukaku as a replacement. So why did we get rid of the Belgian? Surely it cannot be that the 26-year-old was reaching an age where his resale value would begin to decline, and they had to cash in? It would not surprise me.

Why even discuss Maddison. Leicester were never going to let him go. It just makes us look like amateurs to be pretending to be after players who are not going to come. Just to have the excuse that "oh we tried".

This is Manchester United Football Club. The club of Best, Law, Charlton, Bryan Robson, Cantona, Beckham, Scholes, Keane et al. And we are embarrassingly scrambling around for players like a pig to an empty trough. And it is empty of our own making. Due to the mismanagement at the top of our football club, we are just not an attraction anymore, even for the deadwood that we should have been moving on to be replaced with players that would have us challenging for titles again. But the truth is that is all pie in the sky under this regime.

The only way we are going to challenge again for titles is a change of ownership and a revolution in the boardroom. People say we are being run as a business. Not very well. You don't asset strip your club. You don't leave it in a state where sponsors (eventually) won't want to back you, or if they do, will cut the money they give because we don't have Champions League. It reminds me of Mike Ashley. An owner that sees players as a commodity to make money out of FIRST, rather than players that can achieve on-field success for the club.

The reason we want young up-and-coming players is that they become assets that will increase in value and earn money. But relying on young players will not win us titles. That 'Class of 92' was a one off. We need a mix of youth and experience. We cannot rely on the likes of Greenwood, and we are being forced to, because we quite simply have nobody else. He is a young lad who at Chelsea, would have been out on loan learning his trade. Instead he is pushed into the toxic environment of Old Trafford. A club where you have players, and not just good ones, wanting out, with nobody of note wanting to come in.

The whole ethos of our club has to and must change. How that change happens? Well Newcastle fans tried voting with their feet. It hasn't worked. Ashley pretends to want to sell. But never does.

Yes it is another depressing post. But we have to face the reality of United in a new decade. We are going nowhere fast under Woodward and the Glazers.
They haven't really tried? Their stadium is full every week. People need to understand there has to be a mass protest at the stadium where fan don't go in and watch the game. Unfortunately the tribalism in football means people can't understand this and have to have their football fix on a weekend.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Do you realise we have been losing to the likes of watford, norwich, west brom, Southampton, Sunderland, Hull, west ham, cardiff, huddersfield, brighton, newcastle, Mk dons and other so called smaller clubs for the last 6 years. It's not the first time since sir alex retired that we have played inept football. Every manager have given us new low. Remember losing to some midgtyland team or drawing to Wimbledon or something like that. We have had so many false dawns that we can't even count.

Shouting and pointing everything at the manager is what we have been doing . Sack moyes and save the embarrassment, sack lvg and save the embarrassment, sack Jose and save the embarrassment and now sack ole and save the embarrassment. The way we have been run we will be shouting in a yesr or two sack allegri/poch/whoever and save the embarrassment and in the meantime Woodward and the board will be here and fooling us all.

I will tell you a fact. In last 4 windows including this one we have just signed 6 players and off that 6 players one has been Lee freaking Grant, Daniel James signed from championship and a young unkown right back from.Porto. And we call this rebuild. And in the same time we have let go 7 players. So 6 in and 7 out and we call this rebuild. But but but £80m on Maguire. Yeah and you should also realize even the likes.of.villa have higher net spend than us last summer. Isn't that shameful and embarrassing. Stop defending these leachers ffs.

For once look at the long term picture. If you want to bash Ole there are multiple threads to do it and you will get support because yes he is not the manager that can lead us forward. But Why bash him in a thread which talks about Glazers knowing very well when the real issue for the past 6 years have been Woodward and the board.

We all get it Ole is not the answer but this whole idea everything will be fine once we sack Ole is not true. Yes we may do better for short time, may even win a trophy or two but if we are really serious about higher ambition and acting like a big club we wouldn't reach that under this board.
I am looking at the big picture, we're blaming everything and everyone to save Ole

If we can't win the league, I'll blame Ed
If we can't win the CL, I'll blame the Glazer
If we can't win against Watford, Norwich, West Brom, Southampton, Hull, Westham Brighton, Newcastle, Alkmar I blame Ole!

Stop sugar coating how bad ole is, he's not blameless, in the immediate future he's the one that we need to worry about first and foremost. Unless you want to keep on living in the bubble and fool yourself thinkin Ole would outlive the Glazers, and somehow he got 3 years under the glazer, and 3 years under the new owner, and turn into SAF on his seventh year.

PS: Jose delivers, we're just unrealistic in our expectations. So yes, forget about Klopp/Pep, even our ex managers can deliver trophies under the same board and under the same ed, why can't ole?

And for what it's worth, Ed biggest mistake is actually listening to Sir Alex Ferguson to employ david fecking moyes. There I said it.

Only today Danny Murphy came out saying Kalvin Phillips reminds him of Carrick and tipped him for the very top. But Leeds will get promoted and will not sell.

But you're right, we should have stuck with Jose and given him another 250 million to spend on Jerome Boateng, Ribery and Ozil.
Oh wow, the great Danny Murphy :lol: the same Danny Murphy who just got absolutely slated by Liverpool fans for claiming Granit Xhaka would be a hell of a player at Liverpool. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...pools-look-hell-player-says-Danny-Murphy.html

The 2nd paragraph, well done, well done indeed.

But you’re right, we should’ve hired Steve McClaren and let him spend 5 billion on players from Holland and the Championship.

What a fun game this is.

EireRed_GS

Baily £34.2M

They've spend a fair bit of money alright, but lets be honest, most of it was mis-spent or just a waste. I think thats the main problem. I would usually say this is mostly the manager problem for not getting them playing, but its happening with every manager since a certain CEO took charge. (even with world class guys like Jose/ LvG)

If not the Glazer's fault, its absolutely the fault of the person signing these off. Ed Woodward. Alot of them all he see's is the marketability of the player, rather than do they actually fit into the squad/system. And i would throw the inflated wages issue at Ed aswell. Our wage bill is out of control, with very very mediocre players on more than other (better) teams star players. An the fact he hands out new big bumper contracts to injury prone/ players who would be lucky to get on for alot of other PL teams.

AshRK

I am looking at the big picture, we're blaming everything and everyone to save Ole

If we can't win the league, I'll blame Ed
If we can't win the CL, I'll blame the Glazer
If we can't win against Watford, Norwich, West Brom, Southampton, Hull, Westham Brighton, Newcastle, Alkmar I blame Ole!

Stop sugar coating how bad ole is, he's not blameless, in the immediate future he's the one that we need to worry about first and foremost. Unless you want to keep on living in the bubble and fool yourself thinkin Ole would outlive the Glazers, and somehow he got 3 years under the glazer, and 3 years under the new owner, and turn into SAF on his seventh year.

PS: Jose delivers, we're just unrealistic in our expectations. So yes, forget about Klopp/Pep, even our ex managers can deliver trophies under the same board and under the same ed, why can't ole?

And for what it's worth, Ed biggest mistake is actually listening to Sir Alex Ferguson to employ david fecking moyes. There I said it.
But you are not looking at the big picture when you are just focussing on certain games. If thats the case why were losing to smaller teams (as I pointed out in my above post) even before Ole joined. You are acting as if we were winning league and CL before Ole joined.

Also, no one said ole is blameless. There are multiple threads for.ole bashing. Woodward is a major problem and I don't understand why is it that hard to admit for you. Also, who is stopping the board from sacking Ole. Ole doesn't control his position. Any ambitious club would have sacked him by now. So blame the real.people instead of covering up their flaws. I have heard enough bs excuses given to protect Woodward. I heard it when Jose was our manager and I am hearing the same now.

Strelok

If Poch (preferred) or Nagelsmann were to replace Ole in the Summer I really do believe we'd be looking at a brighter future than what we have seen these past 6 years.
Now I can't find many reason such manager would be excited to come here tbh.

We have Ed and a clueless board, crap squad, and money? Even money, our supposedly only attractiveness atm I'd doubt we have much left or we're ready to spend much.

Unless you're delusional and too naive to see, there's a clear and sad fact that the best players and the best managers seem to come to a same conclusion that the further they stay away from us, the better for them and their career.

Last edited:

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
But you are not looking at the big picture when you are just focussing on certain games. If thats the case why were losing to smaller teams (as I pointed out in my above post) even before Ole joined. You are acting as if we were winning league and CL before Ole joined.

Also, no one said ole is blameless. There are multiple threads for.ole bashing. Woodward is a major problem and I don't understand why is it that hard to admit for you. Also, who is stopping the board from sacking Ole. Ole doesn't control his position. Any ambitious club would have sacked him by now. So blame the real.people instead of covering up their flaws. I have heard enough bs excuses given to protect Woodward. I heard it when Jose was our manager and I am hearing the same now.
I don't focus on loses, City/Liverpool/Watford, bad game happens, I focused on how we're only amassing 31 pts after 21 games.

It's not hard to admit Woodward is a problem. I never says he's blameless.

But I have problem when people says "ole can never win anything until woodward and glazer is gone, you can give him any board in the world he still won't win shit"

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Came in on here for a long post with a picture half way through. I am not disappointed.
I was pretty disappointed myself

One picture? should have at least be three... how am I expect to follow whats going on without visual aid?

Tel074

Lots have been saying it for years and you the OP are correct . We are going no where but downwards under these owners . Anyone who regularly goes to OT can see the state of OT compared to 10 years ago the place is being Seriously neglected.

People point to the money the. Glazers have spent but that's another huge flaw the way we have chucked stupid money around us on panic buys with no forward thinking .

I've said for years any manager would struggle with the owners we have and the lack of structure in place .

Tel074

I don't focus on loses, City/Liverpool/Watford, bad game happens, I focused on how we're only amassing 31 pts after 21 games.

But I have problem when people says "ole can never win anything until woodward and glazer is gone, you can give him any board in the world he still won't win shit"

And you can give us any manager in the world yet with Woodward and the owners we will not compete for the big trophies

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
And you can give us any manager in the world yet with Woodward and the owners we will not compete for the big trophies
All he did, is give manager cash, and leave them alone.

So don't give me that bullshit better manager can't compete.

Woodward got his flaw, but if he happens to pick Klopp instead of Moyes, give him LVG money, we will be in much better position.

Look at liverpool, do you see any restructuring? New academy coach? New stadium? New board? new scout? Nope. they just happened to choose the right manager while ED backs the wrong horse

ash_86

We're going nowhere nowhen when we keep repeating that mantra, Glazers can feck off, and will definitely feck off, but there's no stopping us from Sacking Ole and actually reduce the embarassment we suffer as Manchester united.

"We're never beating Watford with Glazers and the woodwards in charge"
"We're never be able to string 5 passes without losing the ball with Glazers and woodswards in charge"
"We can't expect our 80M to defend with glazers and woodward in charge"
"We can't expect Ole to coach the team with Glazers and woodwards in charge"
"We can't properly judge ole with glazers and woodwards in charge"

I'm not defending them, but to blame them for everything under the sun is a feel good mantra, a painkiller because that way you have some sort of phantom you can blame when shits going our way.
What a stupid post. They are the ones who hired Ole and they are the ones who has the option to fire him. Ofcourse they are to be blamed for everything under the sun. After all, this is not their first managerial appointment which has gone south.

Bird Nerd

I think if the money has been made available as noted above the blame lies with he person in charge of that. Being Ed Woodward. He is absolutely the worst person to be making football decisions and it is hard to believe we have stuck by him as the results on the pitch have shown otherwise. We need a shakeup of the board and a DOF badly to actually HAVE a direction and plan in place. Not just state it with nothing to show for it. And then let the DOF choose the coach he wants to follow through with the plan on the pitch. It is an absolute clown car show from the manager on up the last decade and that is where the changes are needed first and foremost.

AshRK

Fair enough. But why make this thread about Ole out when that is obvious. Why cannot we be more vocal in saying Woodward out and blaming him too. Ole will be a goner anyways. I worry more about this board. They have killed this club and there is no other way of putting it.

DomesticTadpole

Exactly even with the players he has, he should be able to beat the lower teams. It is a worry that up to now he only seems to be able to get himself and the team up for the big teams and now he has been sussed out there. Now teams know how to stop us and still attack and we cannot deal with teams who sit deep. That is a coach and his staff not knowing how to change tactics.

ash_86

Whenever they listened to Ferguson, they got their pants down
What option do they have? It's not like they know football. They will continue to keep making bad decisions one after the other.