Travesty of Old Trafford: Enough is enough with our Mike Ashley-style owners

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
What a stupid post. They are the ones who hired Ole and they are the ones who has the option to fire him. Ofcourse they are to be blamed for everything under the sun. After all, this is not their first managerial appointment which has gone south.
Of course they take some of the blame, but if Ole had some sense he would have walked away at the end of the season. He didn't. I think he sees himself as our knight in shining armour, but even knights need the weapons to fight with.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Fair enough. But why make this thread about Ole out when that is obvious. Why cannot we be more vocal in saying Woodward out and blaming him too. Ole will be a goner anyways. I worry more about this board. They have killed this club and there is no other way of putting it.
Because to be honest, Unpopular opinion from me "he's doing the job with the best of intention, too bad it doesn't work out"

He listened to SAF, employed david moyes, agrees to his demand, etc. Naive, but he does listened to SAF
He tried to correct his mistakes, LVG seems a good and right options without a hindsight, backed him to the hilt.
He Employs Jose, back him again to the hilt. 3rd season somehow ended badly, maybe he's at fault here, but I can see his intention
Whoever he listened to to employ Ole, maybe he wants to try giving the fans what they want, a united value modern attacking manager. Doesn't work, but who can blame him, he was sold on 15 straight wins, we all did.

Stupid yes, evil? Nope.

This Ed woodward, if he lives long enough to find his klopp (or god forbid his SAF), would be just what they (new manager) needs. A CEO who trusted his employee, doesn't interfere, knows which is his job and which isn't.

ash_86

Of course they take some of the blame, but if Ole had some sense he would have walked away at the end of the season. He didn't. I think he sees himself as our knight in shining armour, but even knights need the weapons to fight with.
Why would he do that? Ole's actually thinks he's doing a fair job with the resources he has. He's floating us at 5th currently and still in Europa and couple of competitions. If you think about it, this season is his most successful season in his personal carrier considering the league and what he's achieved till now as a manager. Whether that's good enough for Man Utd needs to come from the Board . That's why i personally think we won't go anywhere with any manager with this board. Because they don't know anything about expectations at Man utd .

AshRK

Because to be honest, Unpopular opinion from me "he's doing the job with the best of intention, too bad it doesn't work out"

He listened to SAF, employed david moyes, agrees to his demand, etc. Naive, but he does listened to SAF
He tried to correct his mistakes, LVG seems a good and right options without a hindsight, backed him to the hilt.
He Employs Jose, back him again to the hilt. 3rd season somehow ended badly, maybe he's at fault here, but I can see his intention
Whoever he listened to to employ Ole, maybe he wants to try giving the fans what they want, a united value modern attacking manager. Doesn't work, but who can blame him, he was sold on 15 straight wins, we all did.

Stupid yes, evil? Nope.

This Ed woodward, if he lives long enough to find his klopp (or god forbid his SAF), would be just what they (new manager) needs. A CEO who trusted his employee, doesn't interfere, knows which is his job and which isn't.
But then if we go by this attitude then even Ole is not an evil. He also has right intentions to take this club forward but it is not working because he is also stupid and naive but is trying his best.

This whole idea that he is listening to sir alex, fans etc. Etc. make him look even more stupid. He is a CEO of one of the biggest club and so far has done a horrible job. The excuse of he has done with good intentions but it has not worked.for.the poor soul is a lame excuse. Truth is he doesn't even know what he is doing.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
But then if we go by this attitude then even Ole is not an evil. He also has right intentions to take this club forward but it is not working because he is also stupid and naive but is trying his best.

This whole idea that he is listening to sir alex, fans etc. Etc. make him look even more stupid. He is a CEO of one of the biggest club and so far has done a horrible job. The excuse of he has done with good intentions but it has not worked.for.the poor soul is a lame excuse. Truth is he doesn't even know what he is doing.
On Ole, I never think he's evil, I never doubt he loves the club (although he probably loves himself a tiny bit more), he's just out of his depth. My frustration is because he's out of his depth, if today he resigns I would sympathize with him and actually feels for him because I know it wasn't his fault.

On Ed, Oh come on, without a hindsight he must be an idiot to go against SAF. 6 years ago if SAF was made DOF we all would agree that's the best DOF in the world. But somehow SAF doesn't know anything about choosing manager. Point is, we don't know, we trusted SAF back then, so did Ed.

This whole idea that he is listening to sir alex, fans etc. Etc. make him look even more stupid.
I’m not sure many would agree that listening to Sir Alex on footy matters is stupid, at all.

But somehow yeah, Fergie is bloody awful at picking managers, no doubt he underestimates himself massively and thinks a person like Moyes or Ole can copy him. SAF should realise he can’t be copied, ever, so stop trying to convince the club that finding someone like himself if the solution.

What I would say is that after Moyes & now Ole, the club would be fecking idiots of the highest order to listen to SAF ever again regarding managerial appointments.

DomesticTadpole

Why would he do that? Ole's actually thinks he's doing a fair job with the resources he has. He's floating us at 5th currently and still in Europa and couple of competitions. If you think about it, this season is his most successful season in his personal carrier considering the league and what he's achieved till now as a manager. Whether that's good enough for Man Utd needs to come from the Board . That's why i personally think we won't go anywhere with any manager with this board. Because they don't know anything about expectations at Man utd .
For someone who reveres SAF so much, you would hope he realises the football and results are nowhere near being good enough. It could get better, but could get even worse. I wish I was as confident as some. I think some are just blinkered that it is Ole. Unless he has a disaster ending to the season I can see him being here next season. Then it is who we go and sign. If I were people I would hang fire on the big names. Some will say Ole will develop the players, we will see. If he doesn't them it will be the full transformation of us into a bottom feeder side.[/QUOTE]

AshRK

On Ole, I never think he's evil, I never doubt he loves the club (although he probably loves himself a tiny bit more), he's just out of his depth. My frustration is because he's out of his depth, if today he resigns I would sympathize with him and actually feels for him because I know it wasn't his fault.

On Ed, Oh come on, without a hindsight he must be an idiot to go against SAF. 6 years ago if SAF was made DOF we all would agree that's the best DOF in the world. But somehow SAF doesn't know anything about choosing manager. Point is, we don't know, we trusted SAF back then, so did Ed.
Appointing Moyes = Mistake

Not sacking van gaal in December and saving the season by finishing in.top 4= Mistake

Offering Jose a contract extension when he had proven nothing only to not back him in the summer knowing very well how volatile he would act =Mistake

Offering Ole a permanent contract when the top 4 was not achieved= Mistake

Not appointing a food director = Mistake

Now not sacking Ole and neither backing him in the market= Mistake

These are just some.of the main mistakes the guy has done. How many more mistakes dors he need to do before we fans can all agree that maybe it is Woodward who is the real problem.

Also, this argument that fans also wanted ole is a bs argument. We fans are not CEO of the club. By saying he knows as much as the fans makes him even more.of a fool for this position. You can blame SAF all.you want but ultimately the buck falls.with him.

ash_86

For someone who reveres SAF so much, you would hope he realises the football and results are nowhere near being good enough. It could get better, but could get even worse. I wish I was as confident as some. I think some are just blinkered that it is Ole. Unless he has a disaster ending to the season I can see him being here next season. Then it is who we go and sign. If I were people I would hang fire on the big names. Some will say Ole will develop the players, we will see. If he doesn't them it will be the full transformation of us into a bottom feeder side.
[/QUOTE]

Again, in grand scheme of things Ole is nothing. He could be fired tomorrow and we'll forget about him and start bashing the next one that comes in. Don't you see the pattern for the last 7 years? This is all we have been doing. If a company keeps hiring shitty employees there is no point in blaming the employee for poor performances. It's the hiring team and the management that sets the Objectives needs to be looked at.

DomesticTadpole

Again, in grand scheme of things Ole is nothing. He could be fired tomorrow and we'll forget about him and start bashing the next one that comes in. Don't you see the pattern for the last 7 years? This is all we have been doing. If a company keeps hiring shitty employees there is no point in blaming the employee for poor performances. It's the hiring team and the management that sets the Objectives needs to be looked at.
[/QUOTE]
I agree that the problem is the people making the decisions, but cannot see how that will change unless the Glazers give in to fan pressure, why would they while he is raking the cash in for them. The only thing then is us being sold and who they sell it to, which might just annoy fans even more. A big player, buyer not a footballer, would want the best of everything, best players, best CEO and best manager and coaches. It is then the owners morals with regards to other issues which could be a problem.

It’s actually quite hard to get in a mid-long term manager that wins things, how many are there around that we could defo get that are 100% better than LVG or Mourinho?

I fully believe the Ole appointment is a sign that the decision makers, advisory board, Ed etc had realised that Klopps or Fergies don’t grow on tress. Ole is hopefully a sign that future managerial appointments will follow an ideal of what we want from a United manager. No more of flip flapping and each manager ripping up the last man’s squad.

We’ll see but I’m excited about Ole getting moved on because I think these guys have finally got it right even if the Ole appointment was monumentally stupid and done because Poch was unavailable.

Champagne Football

Oh wow, the great Danny Murphy :lol: the same Danny Murphy who just got absolutely slated by Liverpool fans for claiming Granit Xhaka would be a hell of a player at Liverpool. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...pools-look-hell-player-says-Danny-Murphy.html

The 2nd paragraph, well done, well done indeed.

But you’re right, we should’ve hired Steve McClaren and let him spend 5 billion on players from Holland and the Championship.

What a fun game this is.
Fergie said Phil Jones would be our best ever player. So that makes him a permanent laughing stock?

Danny Murphy played at the highest level, and is a decent pundit. He's worth listening to. I tend to respect his opinions.

What’s really weirding me out in this thread as how many who back Ole and his “project” that hate Woodward & Glazers and think they are clueless.

How does that work?

Surely if you back the Ole appointment and project you think the owners and Woodward are finally doing the right thing no??

ash_86

It’s actually quite hard to get in a mid-long term manager that wins things, how many are there around that we could defo get that are 100% better than LVG or Mourinho?

I fully believe the Ole appointment is a sign that the decision makers, advisory board, Ed etc had realised that Klopps or Fergies don’t grow on tress. Ole is hopefully a sign that future managerial appointments will follow an ideal of what we want from a United manager. No more of flip flapping and each manager ripping up the last man’s squad.

We’ll see but I’m excited about Ole getting moved on because I think these guys have finally got it right even if the Ole appointment was monumentally stupid and done because Poch was unavailable.
I agree , that comes at a cost of adjusting our expectations too. If we're going for a progressive manager, then we need to make sure to give him time to get things right. This club has won so much that it's harder for many to not think about cups and titles. That's the byproduct of our own success.

I agree , that comes at a cost of adjusting our expectations too. If we're going for a progressive manager, then we need to make sure to give him time to get things right. This club has won so much that it's harder for many to not think about cups and titles. That's the byproduct of our own success.
There’s still a standard be maintained though, cups can wait, a basic standard has to be maintained else good luck convincing top players or even top talents to join during the process.

Tel074

All he did, is give manager cash, and leave them alone.

So don't give me that bullshit better manager can't compete.

Woodward got his flaw, but if he happens to pick Klopp instead of Moyes, give him LVG money, we will be in much better position.

Look at liverpool, do you see any restructuring? New academy coach? New stadium? New board? new scout? Nope. they just happened to choose the right manager while ED backs the wrong horse

Liverpool have had massive restructuring since Klopp came in they have also added to their stands to increase attendances so please talk sense and stop making up complete nonsense.

Woodward is the very man who publicly said Jose didn't need a new left back because he had Shaw ,So please don't tell me he leaves managers alone .
We have failed season after season since the owners have come in and it is continuously going one way . Also who makes the decisions to bring in all these managers ? Open your eyes and realise where the real problems at the club lay .

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Liverpool have had massive restructuring since Klopp came in they have also added to their stands to increase attendances so please talk sense and stop making up complete nonsense.

Woodward is the very man who publicly said Jose didn't need a new left back because he had Shaw ,So please don't tell me he leaves managers alone .
We have failed season after season since the owners have come in and it is continuously going one way . Also who makes the decisions to bring in all these managers ? Open your eyes and realise where the real problems at the club lay .
Nonsense? Do enlighten me.

First : what's the definition of structure? bandied alot but I doubt most of us understand what's a structure anyway
Second : what prove that Klopp does a full restructuring? Did he did what Fergie did? revamped the whole academy?

Sure everything is good when you're winning, this is the same fenway group we laugh their arse off appointing Roy Hodgson? And Kenny Dalglish? But hey, when you're winning you're the next Fergie with a full restructuring success ey?

Ahhhh the structure.

No-one gives a feck about it until a side wins stuff.

LVG did a full restructuring of everything we were told, as did Mourinho and now the Ole regime.

Only difference is that Klopp is an was proven World Class and modern, and has lived up to the hype.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
There's no magic structure that can make Ole wins a treble

There's also no magic stupid board that can make Klopp finished midtable with our resources.

Hiding behind the "we won win anything without structure is another cheap out excuses", Leicester didn't have any structure when they won the league ( just a good squad, good manager, and some luck), Brendan Rodgers doesnt restructure the whole club and he's sitting 2nd, You're telling me for a manager to make top 4 (it's all we asked for now) you need a full revamp of the club upside down?

TRUERED89

Managers don't ever leave, they'd look like pathetic quitters even if they're momentously underachieving. So the buck stops with Woody and his bosses. Cant blame Ole for not leaving his dream job! Even if he "wants what's best for the club".

Red Keane

We're going nowhere nowhen when we keep repeating that mantra, Glazers can feck off, and will definitely feck off, but there's no stopping us from Sacking Ole and actually reduce the embarassment we suffer as Manchester united.

"We're never beating Watford with Glazers and the woodwards in charge"
"We're never be able to string 5 passes without losing the ball with Glazers and woodswards in charge"
"We can't expect our 80M to defend with glazers and woodward in charge"
"We can't expect Ole to coach the team with Glazers and woodwards in charge"
"We can't properly judge ole with glazers and woodwards in charge"

I'm not defending them, but to blame them for everything under the sun is a feel good mantra, a painkiller because that way you have some sort of phantom you can blame when shits going our way.
The thing is though, we could bring in Poch or even Fergie himself. It's not going to change the fact that Jones, Lindelof & Rojo are unable to defend*, that players like Young still call themselves United players, that De Gea feels he can get away with anything due to his "undroppable status", that our best midfielders (with Pogba and McTominay out for whatever reason it might actually be) are Gomes & Pereira**, that we are far too dependent on Greenwood in our attack, that we still have no proper RW and that we have yet to properly replace Fellaini, Herrera & Lukaku.

Granted OGS is not faultless in what he does and his actions over Bailly (when he was fit) have been nothing but a disgrace; but when you have teams like Leicester, Tottenham & Chelsea (with a Transfer Ban until recently lets not forget) boasting better squads than us***, there was no way this side was ever going to get Top 4. Heck I would even argue that we would be doing well this season to win the Europa League again.

So the real priority (over who is in the dugout), should be upgrading the squad to a level that can be befitting of a club like United (i.e. one that can realistically challenge for the PL/CL). For that to happen that would require not only a few billion worth of transfer spending but said money being used to sign players that are actually fit to wear the shirt.

Can you really see the Glazers and Woodwood doing any of that? That is why more than anybody else at club (and yes I include Lindelof & Jones at that), it is them that need to go. Only when that finally happens will things begin to really change.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*It it any surprise that Maguire feels he can get away with any defensive mistake in the knowlege that he will never be dropped for Jones or Rojo?

**You might even argue that they are the only ones who can even claim to anything like decent. Or at least better than Fred, Matic & Lingard.

***Then again, the current lost is pretty much the worst United side since the start of the PL.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
The thing is though, we could bring in Poch or even Fergie himself. It's not going to change the fact that Jones, Lindelof & Rojo are unable to defend*, that players like Young still call themselves United players, that De Gea feels he can get away with anything due to his "undroppable status", that our best midfielders (with Pogba and McTominay out for whatever reason it might actually be) are Gomes & Pereira**, that we are far too dependent on Greenwood in our attack, that we still have no proper RW and that we have yet to properly replace Fellaini, Herrera & Lukaku.

Granted OGS is not faultless in what he does and his actions over Bailly (when he was fit) have been nothing but a disgrace; but when you have teams like Leicester, Tottenham & Chelsea (with a Transfer Ban until recently lets not forget) boasting better squads than us***, there was no way this side was ever going to get Top 4. Heck I would even argue that we would be doing well this season to win the Europa League again.

So the real priority (over who is in the dugout), should be upgrading the squad to a level that can be befitting of a club like United (i.e. one that can realistically challenge for the PL/CL). For that to happen that would require not only a few billion worth of transfer spending but said money being used to sign players that are actually fit to wear the shirt.

Can you really see the Glazers and Woodwood doing any of that? That is why more than anybody else at club (and yes I include Lindelof & Jones at that), it is them that need to go. Only when that finally happens will things begin to really change.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*It it any surprise that Maguire feels he can get away with any defensive mistake in the knowlege that he will never be dropped for Jones or Rojo?

**You might even argue that they are the only ones who can even claim to anything like decent. Or at least better than Fred, Matic & Lingard.

***Then again, the current lost is pretty much the worst United side since the start of the PL.
I'm just gonna touch on the bolded part.

"Most of ole in praises his 3 signings right? and how he cleared the deadwoods"

"Then explain why he took a squad that finished 2nd 6 months before, trains them for 12 months, cleared the supposed deadwood, added 120M worth of defender and james, and somehow managed to score less point than Jose's lowest point"

Rojo Baily Jones can't defend, but they hardly feature in our abysmal campaign, it's not like Ole plays them week in week out.

Basically, I'm not defending Ed or Glazer, but clearly they're being made as the scapegoat so that you can somehow defend Ole abysmal season. Even when his 80M crown jewel signing make mistakes each week, you can still defend him by saying " it's woody's fault he got no competition". He's a 80M defender, if he needs another 60M defender to make him stand on his toe then perhaps we should just close shop.

MrEarl

There have been a lot of different claims about how much or how little transfer money has been spent by Manchester United. So I went to transfermarket.com to check out the real numbers.

The net transfer expenditures over the last five years show the top spending club, Manchester City, at €668 million. Second place went to Manchester United at €486 million. Third place went to Arsenal at €292 million.

For the last 10 years City is again at number one with €1069 million and Manchester United again in second at €834 million.

For the current season, in spite of all the management claims of major rebuilding, Manchester United has dropped down to fifth place at €89 million. Aston Villa was first at €148 million. Manchester City was second at €99 million.

It appears that a lot of us were quite wrong in terms of Manchester United's relative expenditures past and present.

Red Keane

What a fantastic and truthful post, I've said this before if Ferguson and Gill stood buy what they originally said about glazer takeover was to aggressive the supporters would have backed them up if they made a stand, it was obvious the glazers just wanted to use Utd as a cash cow, they than went quiet and went along with it, I wondered what happened there. We are now seeing the result of that takeover and unfortunately I'm old enough to see that if you don't get the right structure in place there's only one way the club goes. I'm praying someone comes along and buys the club who's got real money, not borrowed and take this club back where we should be, top.
The Ronaldo-Rooney side could have easily dominated for a whole decade of football up to this point (in the same way Barcelona and Real Madrid did instead) had it recieved the sort of investment a club like United should be making on squad (on a regular basis). Instead the Glazers allowed the squad to rot (and allow Ronaldo to be sold) and fall further and further behind until it was too late.

That more than anything else showed how much of a mess they have club the club in.

tomaldinho1

[/QUOTE]

Whilst Ed does need to bring in a DOF, I don't think this is true - I think our fan base whilst it has it's volatile and always negative members like any other has a good amount of people who want to give a manager time and have a lot of patience. Just look at how many people still believe in Ole despite everything to the contrary, that is a byproduct of SAF's long reign and ability to build multiple sides, we understand things can take time and don't take success for granted.

We actually have a solid group of academy boys coming through alongside some good players and with proper planning could be a couple of years away from getting back to where we want to be but we need new energy, ideas and for someone without Ole's emotional attachment to the club because I do think it clouds his judgement.

Tiber

An enough is enough thread on a forum? The Glazers will be scared now.

TRUERED89

The Ronaldo-Rooney side could have easily dominated for a whole decade of football up to this point (in the same way Barcelona and Real Madrid did instead) had it recieved the sort of investment a club like United should be making on squad (on a regular basis). Instead the Glazers allowed the squad to rot (and allow Ronaldo to be sold) and fall further and further behind until it was too late.

That more than anything else showed how much of a mess they have club the club in.
Agreed. SAF was just a magician to keep us competing post Ronaldo, as we know the transfer windows were very underwhelming during that time but we kept fighting. Missed out on, Hazard, Robben, Thiago, Moura, Sneijder to name a few..

Red Keane

I'm just gonna touch on the bolded part.
What are your thoughts on the rest of the post?

"Most of ole in praises his 3 signings right? and how he cleared the deadwoods"
All the signings he had made have been good signings that needed to be made*, but that does not change the fact that 3 signings on their own was not going to undo 6 wasted years of car crash rebuilding nor fully replace the endless dross that seems to populate the squad (or those who departed without replacement). Likewise no one can really claim the deadwood has been cleared from the club when players like Young, Lindelof, Rojo, Jones, Matic, Fred & Lingard still call themselves United players.

So overall it is a case of "decent signings where made, but a lot more work needs to be done". And for the record I don't give a dam about the whole "Ole In/Out" debate, because it misses the point about what the real problem with United is, which is that the squad (in its current form) isn't good enough under any manager.

"Then explain why he took a squad that finished 2nd 6 months before, trains them for 12 months, cleared the supposed deadwood, added 120M worth of defender and james, and somehow managed to score less point than Jose's lowest point"
Except that 2nd place finish (which lets face it we only got because Levy underinvested in Tottenham's squad to a stupid extent, Lovern & Karius where still trying their best to keep Liverpool down, Roman Abramovich's Mistress was trying her best to keep Chelsea down with signings like Bakayoko, the Kronkie/Wenger shitshow was reaching its climax and of course Everton was doing what Everton do best) was achieved with the short of points tally that would have had us at a distant 3rd the following season and would have us scrapping 4th this time round. So while Mourinio might claim it was a great achievement, the fact of the matter was that it didn't feel like one because it simply wasn't one.

Coupled with the fact a lot of the deadwood is still hanging around and the fact that £120 Million gets you 1 top class CB these days and no more** (when United need a lot more than that to fix their squad issues, such is the reality of trasnsfer inflation), you can see why this squad isn't good enough to reach Top 4.

Rojo Baily Jones can't defend, but they hardly feature in our abysmal campaign, it's not like Ole plays them week in week out.
Lindelof does however and he is clearly in the same catagory as them.

Basically, I'm not defending Ed or Glazer, but clearly they're being made as the scapegoat so that you can somehow defend Ole abysmal season.
Considering the amount of damage both the Glazers and their associate Woodwood have inflected on Manchester United, they very much deserve getting the lions share of the blame. Especially when they have been responsible (in the space of just over a decade) from turning United from a club that was a few decent transfer windows away from challenging the El Classico clubs...to a club that struggles to outperform Sheffield United.

In fact let me ask you this, let say OGS does get sacked and a top class manager comes in. Now assuming they have the sense to accept that Sanchez, Smalling, Young, Lindelof, Rojo, Jones, Matic, Fred & Lingard all need to go while replacements for all those players (and replacements for Lukaku, Fellaini & Herrera) need to come in, do you really think the Glazers are going to spent the money neeed (and Woodwood having the sense to find better replacements) to get those players into the club?

Even when his 80M crown jewel signing make mistakes each week, you can still defend him by saying " it's woody's fault he got no competition". He's a 80M defender, if he needs another 60M defender to make him stand on his toe then perhaps we should just close shop.
If you feel that your job is on the line; you are more likely make less mistakes and perform better as a whole, a fact of life that applies to football as much as anything else. So how can Maguire think his place in the Starting XI is always under threat when no manager on earth would ever drop him for Lindelof, Smalling, Rojo or Jones?

And even if it is not the case, you can't expect 1 CB along to always bail out the defensive mistakes of everyone else in the backline. Heck even VVD (Without a doubt best CB in the world) was unable to cover up all the defensive f**k ups that the likes of Lovern, Karius, Mingolet, Robinson, Moreno & TAA often made in his first season, in fact I would argue that if it wasn't for Salah & Manes impressive form that season, they would have never made it Top 4 or go far in the CL (heck they barely scrapped Top 4 and almost knocked out by Roma that season).

What it shows is that to fix a defence as bad as ours or for that matter Liverpools at the time, you need a lot more than 1 CB to fix it (certainly you need to spend a lot more than £60 Million per player on CBs). Even if getting Maguire & AWB was a step in the right direction.
* In comparision Moyes can only boast 1 decent signing (Mata), Van Gaal can only boast 4 at most (Shaw, Herrera, Martial & Romaro) despite spending over £310 million (OGS actually spent less in his first transfer window than Van Gaal did in his first) across 2 transfer windows (compared to the £140 million OGS has spent up to this point) while Mourinio (despite spending over £420 million) can only boast 3 good signings (Pogba, Bailly & Zlatan). So one could argue that OGS has done pretty good in terms of the players he was able to sign.

**Lets not forget that Liverpool spent more money on VVD & Allison combined alone, and even then they had to rely on players like Henderson, Gomez, Robinson, TAA, Matip, Millner & Origi to step up their game under Klopp. In comparison could you see someone like Fergie have players like Young, Lindelof, Rojo, Jones, Matic, Fred & Lingard give out decent performances on a reuglar basis? Well considering how Fergie failed to get Jones to defend, I think we all know the answer to that one.

Well if it wasnt publicly how did anyone know about it ?
It was made up bullshit that got tweeted by a bullshitter maybe?

Like the Ole 27% win rate bullshit that has been going around here for a while. Someone tweets, tonnes pass it on, all of a sudden it's gospel truth.

Don't come in here telling us "The is the man who publicly said" and then have no fecking proof to back up something controversial that the CEO of a one the World's biggest clubs said "publicly"

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Ashley Young. The club captain. Rejects an extra year contract at the age of 34. Which came too late, as his contract, as with young players such as Gomes and Chong have been allowed to run down so they can talk to other clubs now.
It couldn't have been given to him much earlier. He signed a 1 year deal this time last year, and also the year before. He's not signing one this time around, supposedly.

He's over 30, he's been on 1 year rolling contracts for a while now. The club has been doing that for a long time for players his age. Longer term contracts to players over 30 would be stupid.

Except that 2nd place finish (which lets face it we only got because Levy underinvested in Tottenham's squad to a stupid extent, Lovern & Karius where still trying their best to keep Liverpool down, Roman Abramovich's Mistress was trying her best to keep Chelsea down with signings like Bakayoko, the Kronkie/Wenger shitshow was reaching its climax and of course Everton was doing what Everton do best) was achieved with the short of points tally that would have had us at a distant 3rd the following season and would have us scrapping 4th this time round.
The stuff in parenthesis is laughable nonsense, especially in a season in which Chelsea can't buy, Spurs are fecking awful, Arsenal are somewhere near the relegation zone and Everton have fired their gaffer.

The bolded sounded so much like blatant bollocks from @Red Keane that I simply had to check it out:

Projected points total for Chelsea (currently in 4th) = 65 points.
Projected points total for City (currently in 3rd) = 80 points.
Projected points total for Leicester (currently in 2nd) = 81 points.

We finished 2nd on 81 points.

81 points gets you:
2012/13 - 2nd
2013/14 - 4th
2014/15 - 2nd
2015/16 - 1st
2016/17 - 3rd
2017/18 - 2nd
2018/19 - 3rd
(9 points ahead of 4th)
2019/20 - currently looking like 2nd.

In short... you're chatting out of your arse mert!

@Sky1981 I do rather enjoy these lot, they are a banter bunch, way more fun than the ones who backed LVG or Mourinho to the very end. They just have so much bollocks to spout and no problem spouting it or even fact checking it, which, leads me to believe they know full well it's bollocks. :)

Le Red

There's no magic structure that can make Ole wins a treble

There's also no magic stupid board that can make Klopp finished midtable with our resources.

Hiding behind the "we won win anything without structure is another cheap out excuses", Leicester didn't have any structure when they won the league ( just a good squad, good manager, and some luck), Brendan Rodgers doesnt restructure the whole club and he's sitting 2nd, You're telling me for a manager to make top 4 (it's all we asked for now) you need a full revamp of the club upside down?
A lot of people in here believe so, despite many examples of the contrary.
This talks volumes about the average IQ of the Caf.