Treble documentary series coming in 2024

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I can never get over the fact that class of 92 one includes Tony Blair.

Traub

Sounds great but I doubt there will be much footage from the time period except for matches.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Hopefully it's not just the likes of Scholes and the Neville's doing interviews. I'd much rather hear from some of the peripheral figures in that team at the time like Blomqvist, Stam, and Johnsen.

Edit - Wrong word, more people we don't hear from a lot usually.

Last edited:

Tap

Hopefully it's not just the likes of Scholes and the Neville's doing interviews. I'd much rather hear from some of the peripheral figures in that team at the time like Blomqvist, Stam, and Johnsen
Stam was peripheral? I thought he was the first team CB if i recall correctly

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Hopefully it's not just the likes of Scholes and the Neville's doing interviews. I'd much rather hear from some of the peripheral figures in that team at the time like Blomqvist, Stam, and Johnsen
"at that moment in time, ooooh, we were on a mini retirement, we were mediocre and Arsenal were great."

Oranges038

Wrong word. I meant people we don't usually hear from. Aka anyone not in the Class of 92 and the likes of Yorke, Schmeichel etc.
Yeah, the likes of Johnsen, Blomqvist would be good to hear, even Van Der Gouw, Berg, Cruyff etc.

I'd imagine it's a different feeling being there knowing you did your bit, but also knowing you didn't do a whole lot overall.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Always thought we needed a Last Dance style doco.

Chief123

Only played 50 odd games.
50 games doesn’t make Stam a peripheral player. :lol:

He was one of the first names on the team sheet. He played more than Cole and Yorke who were our first choice strikers!

Chief123

Check the edit Chief. English isn't a first language for all of us!

Well it is for me, but I was being dumb.
I know you admitted choosing the wrong word mate but the other poster trying to justify your point with your original wording was weird.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Yeah, the likes of Johnsen, Blomqvist would be good to hear, even Van Der Gouw, Berg, Cruyff etc.

I'd imagine it's a different feeling being there knowing you did your bit, but also knowing you didn't do a whole lot overall.
Gotta have David May

JB7

I know you admitted choosing the wrong word mate but the other poster trying to justify your point with your original wording was weird.
The other poster was very clearly being sarcastic.

iHicksy

Sounds great but I doubt there will be much footage from the time period except for matches.
Err what why? TV did exist in 92 ya' know ;). There will be tons of interviews, what kind of other footage were you hoping for...?

Chumpsbechumps

Hopefully it's not just the likes of Scholes and the Neville's doing interviews. I'd much rather hear from some of the peripheral figures in that team at the time like Blomqvist, Stam, and Johnsen.

Edit - Wrong word, more people we don't hear from a lot usually.
I would be surprised if there is any footage of scholes speaking. Before punditry you never heard from him. It was one of the things I loved about him as a player, he worked hard, did his job and didn’t waste much time doing interviews or talking shite. His performances said everything he needed to say.

FujiVice

Fabulous timing, city about to do the same thing. Forever rinsing the past
Its a 25 year Anniversary release of the greatest sporting club achievement in the history of English football. But let's just not celebrate it. Got you.

FujiVice

Man United had a monthly VHS series of backstage footage at the time. We've got loads of stuff in the bag for this.

Oranges038

Man United had a monthly VHS series of backstage footage at the time. We've got loads of stuff in the bag for this.
You mean to say you didn't just have to press play and watch it all in one go.

Imagine having to wait a month for a tape. Probably had to rewind it too before you could watch it.

GueRed

Plus MUTV. It was their first season on air, i bet they have loads of forgotten and enseen footage lying about.

GueRed

Err what why? TV did exist in 92 ya' know ;). There will be tons of interviews, what kind of other footage were you hoping for...?
Dwight Yorke's hook-ups probably. Wasn't just a great scorer on the pitch but off it too..

SirAF

Ageist
I think I bought the two first months of the treble season! I'll have to see if they still exist somewhere.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Don't we already have a couple of treble docu's? Last one - the Impossible dream came out like in 2019