Trent Alexander-Arnold

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I think that was a joke. Bloody hell this thread is on a downward spiral.
To help you being credible, is this kid 1 of those who could have been at the last Under 19 Euros and is he from Liverpool Academy?

Forget about the Academy part, I already know he is. Still good backup for Clyne.

Classical Mechanic

To help you being credible, is this kid 1 of those who could have been at the last Under 19 Euros and is he from Liverpool Academy?

Forget about the Academy part, I already know he is. Still good backup for Clyne.
Yeah he has a good number of youth caps but turned down his call up this summer to concentrate on his preseason with the Scouse. In all seriousness he is a really good prospect. Some Scousers think he will take Clyne's place this season.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Yeah he has a good number of youth caps but turned down his call up this summer to concentrate on his preseason with the Scouse. In all seriousness he is a really good prospect. Some Scousers think he will take Clyne's place this season.
Woudn't go so far, but he is a good prospect for sure.

Kurosawa

Supports
Liverpool
He looks class. Great Delivery on him and he has the balls to be taking corners ahead of our midfielders(despite how shit they are) and attacking players.

Kurosawa

Supports
Liverpool
He looks class. Great Delivery on him and he has the balls to be taking corners ahead of our midfielders(despite how shit they are) and attacking players.

PaulRich

He looks a good steady away player - I'm just waiting for the inevitable christening of him with an appalling nickname a la Jon Flannagan and the 'Scouse Cafu' moniker.

Rafateria

Woudn't go so far, but he is a good prospect for sure.
I absolutely would. He's already miles ahead of Clyne as far as an attacking FB goes, he has really good pace which deters attackers from trying to get past him on the outside and is very good in possession and assessing the best 'out' ball when under pressure, as well as being a good passer and his crossing is on a different planet to Clyne's. The questions arise about his lack of experience in defence but he kept Ribery quiet when we played BM and, for me, he was the best player on the pitch yesterday, not one Watford attack came from our right (bar two long throws). Last season he was closing in but was still a little lacking in comparison, however as of this moment I'd take him over Clyne every day of the week.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Will be playing championship football before long.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Finally a full back with delivery. If Robertson can do the same on the other side then bus parking teams will have to change their strategy. Not sure I'd play TAA against the likes of Hazard, Silva, Sane, Martial, etc, though. Would prefer Clyne.

Rafateria

Finally a full back with delivery. If Robertson can do the same on the other side then bus parking teams will have to change their strategy. Not sure I'd play TAA against the likes of Hazard, Silva, Sane, Martial, etc, though. Would prefer Clyne.
He played against Ribery and he didn't get a look in, constantly having to re-cycle through midfield. AA's pace gives him a distinct edge over Clyne and although his lack of experience was thought to be an issue the maturity he's demonstrated when played now makes him an automatic starter for me. Of course he'll get done, every defender does, but I'd rather have him in the team because I feel that overall we'd lose nothing in defence and gain a hatful in attack.

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
Neither parent wants to give up their surname I guess
I read a quote a while back, no idea who it was attributed to but it made me chuckle.

Hyphenated names used to be a sign of good breeding, now they represent broken homes. Something along those lines.

SalfordRed1960

He is pretty good. Be interesting to see how he develops. Probably needs to go on loan to play full-time and develop through playing a high level continuously. Maybe a Swansea or Southampton type move. When was the last time a Liverpool academy player became a regular at Liverpool?

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
He is pretty good. Be interesting to see how he develops. Probably needs to go on loan to play full-time and develop through playing a high level continuously. Maybe a Swansea or Southampton type move. When was the last time a Liverpool academy player became a regular at Liverpool?
Not a Premier League expert but my guess is Sterling.

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
Sterling, if you can class him as pure academy with him being brought in young from QPR I think? Flanagan perhaps, he was regular til his injury. Ibe was on the way to regular before he showed his limitations.

TAA will definitely be the next though. He looks like he'll actually become class, he's a marked improvement on Clyne offensively already and a bit of work defensively Clyne won't get a look in.

I have high hopes Woodburn as well, and although I rate Kent I don't think he has what it takes to make it sadly.

Rafateria

I reserve any form of judgement, Martial turned him inside out a few months ago; looking not ready for this level at all. Excellent free kick I must say.
Youngsters can come on in leaps and bounds though. Henderson said as much when saying how much he'd progressed even just in preseason. Ribery didn't get a look in against him a couple of weeks ago and continually had to recycle through midfield.

I'd take him to start over Clyne every day of the week. Last thing he needs is a loan as I'm guessing he will be the starting RB by the end of the season.

Many Pool fans see him as an eventual midfielder though.

Bwuk

Could see him ending up in midfield actually.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Could see him ending up in midfield actually.
That's what he was as a youth player. Could see him in the holding role too, if he keeps developing.

He stamped his mark on the game yesterday. Not seen a youngster do that for us in a good while.

Still only 18 to boot. Clyne is going to have to fight for his place.

Last edited: