Trent Alexander Arnold

Swedish_Plumber

To those saying he should be moved higher up the pitch, if that happens he loses a lot of the space he has to operate in currently. At RB he's less likely to have someone marking him whereas at RW, he'd probably have teams doubled up like Salah does. He's playing a bit more centrally than Robertson when we have the ball and finds a lot of space there.

We scored a goal against Atletico where Alexander-Arnold played the cross in. He had the space for that because Salah and Henderson ahead of him were occupying Madrid players. If he's playing at RW then he doesn't have the same space.

He could maybe play at RWB in a 3-5-2 but Klopp is never going to switch to that. He loves his 4-3-3.
It’s certainly an interesting conundrum. Like you said in your post above, his pros definitely outweigh the cons.

My question to you would be this though: how do you think he would get on at right back for you if Klopp was to leave? Would he still be just as potent under a manger who may be a level below him and in a team that might not be quite as dominant as we’ve come to expect?

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
It’s certainly an interesting conundrum. Like you said in your post above, his pros definitely outweigh the cons.

My question to you would be this though: how do you think he would get on at right back for you if Klopp was to leave? Would he still be just as potent under a manger who may be a level below him and in a team that might not be quite as dominant as we’ve come to expect?
That depends on who the manager is I guess. It'll be interesting to see what happens to Alexander-Arnold if someone like Gerrard becomes manager after Klopp. TAA is only 23 so has a lot of time left playing. It's hard to call right now but Gerrard seems to encourage Cash to get forward a fair bit for Villa.

A manager like Mourinho would probably play Milner and Henderson on the right wing to cover Alexander-Arnold's defensive shortcomings.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
That depends on who the manager is I guess. It'll be interesting to see what happens to Alexander-Arnold if someone like Gerrard becomes manager after Klopp. TAA is only 23 so has a lot of time left playing. It's hard to call right now but Gerrard seems to encourage Cash to get forward a fair bit for Villa.

A manager like Mourinho would probably play Milner and Henderson on the right wing to cover Alexander-Arnold's defensive shortcomings.
Gerrard’s right back at Rangers averaged 15-20 goals and 15-20 assists a season. He used him exactly as Klopp uses Trent, even making the same in-possession inside-right midfield positional shift over the last year or so.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Gerrard’s right back at Rangers averaged 15-20 goals and 15-20 assists a season. He used him exactly as Klopp uses Trent, even making the same in-possession inside-right midfield positional shift over the last year or so.
And so the future of Alexander-Arnold is...more of the same. This is of course assuming Gerrard takes over from Klopp.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
He was atrocious today. Absolutely atrocious. Arguably the worst he’s been this season and that’s saying something.

Look at his ‘defending’ for the throw-in which lead to Welbeck’s goal. He didn’t move a single inch or even attempt to react to the threat, remaining outside the penalty area throughout and allowing Mitoma a free run into the box to follow up any breaking ball. He should be fined two weeks’ wages for that phase of play alone.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He's terrible, has zero interest in defending. Every winger in a major league in Europe would have him on toast.

Robertd0803

The commentator for my game kept calling him Trent
Its actually nauseating listening to it all the time.Just because they couldnt be bothered prounouncing his stupid surname fully. Is any other athlete with a double barrel surname referred to only by their first name?

Imagine Ward-Prowse being called James every week as if the commentator knows him personally.

InfiniteBoredom

We don’t know whether he can defend or not, but he certainly doesn’t want to.

If that was AWB or Dalot, the press would have an absolute field day.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Good initiative. It’s something that is needed. I watched a doc on the BBC a while back that touched on this. It focuses on a young lad who was released from the Palace academy and he fell into depression. I was surprised to learn that the after care for kids who get released from academies is left up to the clubs to organise and then predictably some do some don’t. This is good stuff from Trent.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Maybe they can teach him how to defend at his academy.

Good initiative, well done.