Trent Alexander Arnold

DVG7

England switch to 4-4-2 with wan bissaka and TAA playing right back and right mid and they have the most complete right side in world football.

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
I don't know why people are getting a bit upset with mentioning he's a bit suspect 1 on 1, he is, however that doesn't mean he isn't a world class right back, even more so in a system like Liverpool's where he's going to be attacking 10 times for every one time he defends and has three other top defenders playing with him.

The more curious thing is how can Southgate get the best of him, he's looked like a caricature version of himself at international level and without the strict structure and inferior defensive team mates seems to be caught out a bit more (Kosovo at St Mary's prime example). I think given the midfield weakness England should plump for a 343 with Trent at RWB.
He's a winger turned defender so it's understandable his defensive qualities are not up to someone like Gary Neville. Defending doesn't come naturally to him. But as I mentioned earlier it doesn't matter because his role is primarily an attacking one anyway. So provided the team is winning regularly with him in the side then all is good.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
The only suspect part of his defending is when he's isolated 1 on 1 against a quicker player. And that's true of almost every defender ever btw

0le

I hope he carries this form for England. For me, so far, he has always been a bit disappointing when playing for England.

ariveded

He deserves more praises and attention than Mbappe. TAA is literally dominating within the domain of full backs.

it’s unfortunately that he plays as full back , else any player of such young age to be setting new records, is a sure shot for potential Ballon D’or

OrganisedChaos

Supports
Liverpool
Even the whole defensive flaws argument has largely been blown out of proportions. His one-on-one defending can still be improved, but positionally he's actually quite superb. He always seem to be spot on on far post crosses, can cover very well on through-balls when required as he showed yesterday and does not often get caught on the wrong side of the offside line as can be commonly the case with full-backs. AWB is a supremely good tackler but he's well behind TAA tactically.

Warlord

Supports
Liverpool
Trent Alexander-Arnold has revealed his intent to remain at Liverpool for the entirety of his career in pursuit of becoming a club legend.

The 21-year-old is starring from right-back under Jurgen Klopp, with the Reds storming towards their first Premier League title.

But Alexander-Arnold has contemplated his future with his ambition to secure legendary status at Anfield likely to see him resist any transfer in the years ahead.

“I’ve always wanted to be a club legend. Winning titles, playing as many matches as possible, winning matches, becoming captain," Alexander-Arnold told Swedish newspaper Sportbladet.

“Of course, I can’t become a legend if I leave Liverpool to play elsewhere. So, my focus is there and on making the club as successful as possible.”

Alexander-Arnold has even discussed what he will do after his playing days.

“I will probably continue in the sport in some way," Alexander-Arnold admitted.

"But if it’s as a TV expert or coach we will see. Football can of course look completely different in 10-15 years."

The right-back then took time to praise Klopp's influence, particularly his communication.

“He [Klopp] always talks about how we can improve, what we can do to get into the team,
what we have to do to make it happen, says the player.

“It’s obviously something you have to hear as a young player. You have to feel that the manager may give you a chance.”

"[His communication is] huge. You never begin to doubt yourself if the manager tells you what you need to do or what you need to improve in order to play.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...t-alexander-arnold-jurgen-klopp-a9262571.html

BlueHaze

Fired a dig at Neville yesterday in post match interview 3:37 in.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!

I didn’t take that as a dig, just thought he was referencing what carragher said. You could be right though.

I though it was funny he referenced it and it was from a sky sports moment and they were on BT

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer

Yeah like the fella above said he was just referencing what Carragher said once. Fullback isn’t a glamorous position and no one wanted to grow up to be a Gary Neville. Trent wants to change that perception.

BlueHaze

Yeah like the fella above said he was just referencing what Carragher said once. Fullback isn’t a glamorous position and no one wanted to grow up to be a Gary Neville. Trent wants to change that perception.
You two are probably right. I didn't think about that Carragher quote and purely thought he meant that as in Gary was shite.

Storm Force

Supports
Liverpool
On 10 assists for the season now so should be his full back record of 12. Will find it hard to catch KDB on 15 though.
This Kid will is still not 21

He has already played in 2 champions league finals and will end the 30 year wait for a premier league title this year.
And he has been as instrumental as VVD the front 3 and the Goal Keeper

And finally he talks so well

Really well brought up young man

IrishRedDevil

Awful for the Southampton goal, should have cleared the ball.

Went on to lose the ball 38 times - the most by any PL player this season - actual stat.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Horrendous game from him tonight but he's still a young lad. Live and learn.

cyberman

Tbf if you do nothing but cross the ball and youre aiming at Firminho, of course youll give the ball away 38 times

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Awful for the Southampton goal, should have cleared the ball.

Went on to lose the ball 38 times - the most by any PL player this season - actual stat.
Yeah, I couldn't believe what I was hearing there. Crazy stat.

Ludens the Red

He’s a great talent but all those threads with posts listing him as goat PL right back and in all time XI look really stupid now. He’s a brilliant crosser of the ball but he’s not even close to being a complete right back yet.

edcunited1878

Without his delivery, he's average. The volume of touches and balls he gets to play from dead balls makes him highly dependent on his attacking output. He's an average defender, but we all knew that. Completely off form.

Rossa

Without his delivery, he's average. The volume of touches and balls he gets to play from dead balls makes him highly dependent on his attacking output. He's an average defender, but we all knew that. Completely off form.
He’s actually below average defensively, but that has always been made up with his crosses and passsing.

Renegade

A big challenge in his young career. Let’s see how he deals with it.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Absolutely, but he’s been poor for a while now, right?
For a few games since he came back from injury, but again he's still young. He'll have periods like this in his career.

Bwuk

I'm sure they have Villa up next. Grealish will have a field day against Trent.

Rossa

For a few games since he came back from injury, but again he's still young. He'll have periods like this in his career.
For sure he will. As you say, he is young, but he is also a little suspect defensively and not the quickest fullback. Do you trust him one on one defensiveley? Last season was absolutely brilliant going forward, mind.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
For sure he will. As you say, he is young, but he is also a little suspect defensively and not the quickest fullback. Do you trust him one on one defensiveley? Last season was absolutely brilliant going forward, mind.
Depends on who he's up against but he can be found wanting defensively. He seems to struggle more in one on one's like you say. Robertson has more pace to recover if someone beats him. It's a positional thing for Trent that he needs to work on.

Rossa

Depends on who he's up against but he can be found wanting defensively. He seems to struggle more in one on one's like you say. Robertson has more pace to recover if someone beats him. It's a positional thing for Trent that he needs to work on.
Robertson also has much more of a nasty streak to him. I think most great defenders have that. Both our fullbacks lack that compared to say Evra and Neville.

big rons sovereign

Yeah, I couldn't believe what I was hearing there. Crazy stat.
It does seem a lot. But, in fairness if they're counting crosses then it kinda skews the stat a bit. I mean, making a sloppy pass is a lot different to nobody getting onto a cross, or multiple crosses like tonight.
Still funny though :D

Zoo

He’s actually below average defensively, but that has always been made up with his crosses and passsing.
Yeah which is why Southgate doesn’t trust him.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
It does seem a lot. But, in fairness if they're counting crosses then it kinda skews the stat a bit. I mean, making a sloppy pass is a lot different to nobody getting onto a cross, or multiple crosses like tonight.
Still funny though :D
Yeah, makes a lot of difference. How many of those were crosses?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Dunno, but they did pump.a lot of crosses in tonight.
Fair enough. He was poor. But they all were, by and large. Impressed with his opposite right back, Walker-Peters from what I saw. Unassuming, did everything well.

big rons sovereign

Fair enough. He was poor. But they all were, by and large. Impressed with his opposite right back, Walker-Peters from what I saw. Unassuming, did everything well.
Yeah, he did well. Makes me wonder what they count as giving it away. Are they counting say, headed clearances, crosses etc? To me giving it away would be just a sloppy pass and to do that 38 times seems ridiculous.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Yeah, he did well. Makes me wonder what they count as giving it away. Are they counting say, headed clearances, crosses etc? To me giving it away would be just a sloppy pass and to do that 38 times seems ridiculous.
Yeah, I agree. Stat is very subjective this way.