Trent Alexander Arnold

Loublaze

ATLien
Bundesiga aint a the PL as we saw when Liverpool and Spurs easily beat the best they had to offer.
Does this apply to La Liga as well? We could possibly have two English teams in the final, and in the Europa league. It doesn't make Spurs better than Bayern. Kimmich is an accomplished player, Arnold is on the rise.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Does this apply to La Liga as well? We could possibly have two English teams in the final, and in the Europa league. It doesn't make Spurs better than Bayern. Kimmich is an accomplished player, Arnold is on the rise.
All league comparison talk is pointless.

GledTheRed

After tonight yes, TAA looks like he could be the best in his position already and will only get better. I think a full strength Spurs team beats Bayern for what it's worth.

Kharhaz

Supports
Liverpool
Good fullback going forward, but a good wide player with pace can rinse him defensively.
Like Sane for City? Like the champions league match last season where TAA owned him?

However I do agree with the point, defensively he tends to turn off a lot, once he gets that sorted, he will be world class.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Like Sane for City? Like the champions league match last season where TAA owned him?

However I do agree with the point, defensively he tends to turn off a lot, once he gets that sorted, he will be world class.
Like Rashford last season and the Cardiff player whose name escapes me, rinsed him for pace.

Trent isn't the quickest and could be got at imo.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
What makes Kimmich better? TAA is competing for the PL, and has now reached his 2nd CL final in a row.

I have also not seen a comparable long-range passing ability from Kimmich.
Kimmich's passing and crossing are better than TAA, or atleast on the same level. Bayern have been on the downturn this season but for the previous two they outplayed the eventual winners and were very unlucky to be knocked out. Kimmich has been playing as a CM for Germany lately and hasn't looked out of place at all even against the likes of France and Holland, very hyperbolic to say TAA has better long range passing than Kimmich

TAA is the best right back this season, but Kimmich has been performing at a high level for longer, same for Dani Carvajal.

el3mel

Watching Arnold and Robertson then remembering we have Shaw and Young is so depressing. The most depressing thing is both of them Arnold and Robertson weren't even top class names or bought for millions anyway.

Last edited:

Loublaze

ATLien
Watching Arnold and Robertson then remembering we have Shaw and Young is so depressing. The most depressing thing both of us Arnold and Robertson weren't even top class names or bought for millions anyway.
We have kids with real potential in our ranks like Ethan Laird and Lee O'Connor (RB and LB respectively). Im trying to find a silver lining here but if Liverpool did it there's a chance we can as well

el3mel

We have kids with real potential in our ranks like Ethan Laird and Lee O'Connor (RB and LB respectively). Im trying to find a silver lining here but if Liverpool did it there's a chance we can as well
I will prefer to test our luck with youngsters than playing Young anyway.

Last edited:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Laird has real chance if he can stay injury free.

Negan

He is the best right back in the country. Comfortably.

We should be getting Pereira from Leicester in the summer.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Was superb tonight.

You may hate me for saying this but him and Robertson are average players, it's Klopp that is getting the best out of them.

Giggs86

That corner was something that Giggs would do. Amazing and depressing knowing we have Ashley "can't beat the first man" Young in charge.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Last night's performance was like Gerrard would have played at right back. Immense.

Watching Arnold and Robertson then remembering we have Shaw and Young is so depressing. The most depressing thing is both of them Arnold and Robertson weren't even top class names or bought for millions anyway.
Good coaching helps, Robertson was good at Hull but he wasn't this good!

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
He and Robertson are one of the main reasons Liverpool get away with playing that midfield. They're pretty much playmakers at both full back positions.

What game was it where one crossed to the other and crossed it to Firmino for a header?

Moby

Dick
Kimmich's passing and crossing are better than TAA, or atleast on the same level. Bayern have been on the downturn this season but for the previous two they outplayed the eventual winners and were very unlucky to be knocked out. Kimmich has been playing as a CM for Germany lately and hasn't looked out of place at all even against the likes of France and Holland, very hyperbolic to say TAA has better long range passing than Kimmich

TAA is the best right back this season, but Kimmich has been performing at a high level for longer, same for Dani Carvajal.
Nah, Arnold is easily the best crosser among RBs.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Nah, Arnold is easily the best crosser among RBs.
TAA has 13 assists in his last two seasons, Kimmich has 25. TAA has 5 in his last 2 UCL seasons, Kimmich has 5 as well. When you bring goals into the occasion you see that Kimmich is a complete different offensive force to TAA.

So no, TAA isn't 'easily' the best crosser unless you only watch the EPL.

Moby

Dick
TAA has 13 assists in his last two seasons, Kimmich has 25. TAA has 5 in his last 2 UCL seasons, Kimmich has 5 as well. When you bring goals into the occasion you see that Kimmich is a complete different offensive force to TAA.

TAA was being rotated before Gomez got injured and doesn't play in midfield either. Kimmich's crossing isn't as dangerous or accurate as TAA's, which usually causes disarray in the opposition defense, meanwhile TAA also takes corners and free kicks as his delivery is rated very highly. Most teams park the bus in the PL vs Liverpool, and both TAA and Robertson have been insanely instrumental for breaking down the opposition. Kimmich is good but has a more favourable role in the system in a worse league. But in terms of the technique and accuracy, I will definitely have TAA over the likes of Kimmich and Carvajal.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Because a gun was put on Van Gaal to use Rashford eventhough Depay was available and could have been deployed in the striker role like Mourinho did with Hazard while Costa was out injured? Not just gun alone, Van Gaal would have probably been sent to jail if he had failed to use the youth players such as Lingard, Rashford, McNair, Blackett, Fosu Mensah, CBJ, James Reece etc hence he had no option than to obey the order from above.

The amount of nonsense some people spew.
In the game before Rashford's debut LVG used Depay as a striker and he was horrible. We also didn't have much to choose from. Our injuries were really mounting up. The only other attacking players we had were Lingard and Mata. Januzaj returned for the next game against Arsenal but was on the bench and not showing the promise he showed the year before. Have a look at our line up that day. It's a mish mash of "who?"

http://www.espn.com/soccer/lineups?gameId=439197

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
TAA was being rotated before Gomez got injured and doesn't play in midfield either. Kimmich's crossing isn't as dangerous or accurate as TAA's, which usually causes disarray in the opposition defense, meanwhile TAA also takes corners and free kicks as his delivery is rated very highly. Most teams park the bus in the PL vs Liverpool, and both TAA and Robertson have been insanely instrumental for breaking down the opposition. Kimmich is good but has a more favourable role in the system in a worse league. But in terms of the technique and accuracy, I will definitely have TAA over the likes of Kimmich and Carvajal.
- TAA is only rotated in big games, where Klopp prefers Gomez's defensive stability over TAA attacking prowess. Besides those few games TAA is consistently playing at RB (he's been on the bench only 4 times).

- Kimmich rarely plays in midfield for Bayern, he only plays there for Germany. The stats I gave were for Bayern.

- Kimmich also takes corners and free kicks for Bayern. He shares them with others, as does TAA.

- Bayern also constantly face teams that park the bus against them. I knew you would bring the league argument into it, which is why I compared UCL matches as well where Kimmich is equal to TAA, with less matches.

TAA has been better this season, I'l give you that. But overall Kimmich has been playing at this level longer than TAA, if TAA can repeat it next season, while Kimmich has a bad season, then we can say TAA is better than Kimmich.

flappyjay

Rashford was NOT LVG's doing. At the time when Rashford got his first start every striker on our team was out injured. We had called up Will Keane (I think it was him) to the first team and then he got injured. So as a last resort LVG called up Rashford from the u18s. The rest is history. So it wasn't LVG's "genius" calling him up. He was out of options. Had those injuries never happened LVG wouldn't have called him up...
A lot of managers play a false in that situation. A manager has to have courage to call an academy lad

Classical Mechanic

TAA has 14 this season so not sure where you're getting those stats from. Also has 8 assists in his last 9 games in the title and Champions League run in.

In Rainbows

He promoted him from their youth. Stuck with him when he was making mistakes and he's now cashing in on the game time he invested in him.
LVG had it in him to do the same. Time will tell if Ole will do it, but thus far he hasn't.

Moby

Dick
- TAA is only rotated in big games, where Klopp prefers Gomez's defensive stability over TAA attacking prowess. Besides those few games TAA is consistently playing at RB (he's been on the bench only 4 times).

- Kimmich rarely plays in midfield for Bayern, he only plays there for Germany. The stats I gave were for Bayern.

- Kimmich also takes corners and free kicks for Bayern. He shares them with others, as does TAA.

- Bayern also constantly face teams that park the bus against them. I knew you would bring the league argument into it, which is why I compared UCL matches as well where Kimmich is equal to TAA, with less matches.

TAA has been better this season, I'l give you that. But overall Kimmich has been playing at this level longer than TAA, if TAA can repeat it next season, while Kimmich has a bad season, then we can say TAA is better than Kimmich.
I'm talking about the overall impact their crossing makes not just the assists. Both TAA and Rob have huge responsibility in terms of providing width constantly and putting in crosses that if not being directly to a players head land in very dangerous areas that lead to chaos and chances created for the likes of Salah and Mane. Robertson especially launches absolute grenades from anywhere on the left flank that end up with the defense shitting bricks. With TAA Salah rarely provides any out and out width and that gives Arnold the responsibility to fire in devastating crosses which he does. Have seen many games where these two were the only reason the opposition was troubled who otherwise were managing the front three fine by being deep and compact.

Kaglish10

Both kimmich and TAA were actually midfielders that were converted into fullbacks. In TAA's case, he was more of an attacking midfielder whereas kimmich was a defensive midfielder. Props to Klopp for having the courage to promote and stick with a teenage attacking midfielder in his defence.

Alexander-Arnold is born and bred in Liverpool. He's an academy player mate.
I know he is, hence he cost them (relatively) nothing and so they've got the pair of them turning out for £8m. The fact he's came from their academy doesn't undermine him turning out for Liverpool or excuse the shite we have, and frankly if our own academy isn't producing players that can improve on what our fullbacks have shown this season then we should be worried.

Liverpool's are integral to their attacking football yet ours can barely pass/cross a ball. Watch the Huddersfield game for Shaw just cowardly and aimlessly kicking the ball towards the penalty spot when he gets into a crossing position, normally just hitting the first man. Or him just giving the ball away time and again with passes that aren't even on. He's probably our best crosser too as he at least keeps it in play. It's not even remotely good enough and they're let off the hook at the moment by virtue of the rest of the team being (somehow) in even more of a shambolic state, Shaw could yet get our player of the season!

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Both kimmich and TAA were actually midfielders that were converted into fullbacks. In TAA's case, he was more of an attacking midfielder whereas kimmich was a defensive midfielder. Props to Klopp for having the courage to promote and stick with a teenage attacking midfielder in his defence.
He has benched him for some big matches including the first leg at Barca.

Skills

Snitch
Zinchenko is the same at City. Really tells you how important the ball playing aspect is of a modern full backs game

Kaglish10

He has benched him for some big matches including the first leg at Barca.
He shouldn't have dropped him though. I don't know why he had to curtail his team's main attacking strength in order to stop Barca in the first place.

However, he gave TAA a chance in the first place. Many coaches wouldn't even give a teenager a starting berth in his team, let alone a teenage attacking midfielder in his defence.

Moreover, he knew TAA was an attacking midfielder who's yet to hone his defensive skill to a world class level hence the constant doubt in big games but as times goes on and as his defensive games becomes more mature, TAA will be undropable.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
However, he gave TAA a chance in the first place. Many coaches wouldn't even give a teenager a starting berth in his team, let alone a teenage attacking midfielder in his defence.
Nah, not buying this. His talent was there for all to see, you'd have to be stupid not to give him a chance. If you're good enough, every manager will give you opportunities. Hudson-Odoi and Foden are also playing quite regularly now and they're 2 years younger than TAA is.

He was a midfielder in the youth ranks but it was known that he could also be used as a RB, just like Gerrard in his early days. I hope he shifts back to midfield sooner or later but there's no urgency given how well he's doing at RB. That position is basically a winger in our team as well given how advanced/to the inside Salah is usually positioned, and with his delivery and crossing ability, every manager in the world would give him the opportunity to prove himself - especially if you keep in mind that he first got his big chance from Klopp when Clyne was out injured and Gomez was used at CB.

Credit Klopp with developing him all you like, but sometimes young players are simply talented enough to be picked, and that's the end of it. It's really not like Klopp discovered him on his own in the youth teams and boldly decided to play him or anything like that.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
TAA has 14 this season so not sure where you're getting those stats from. Also has 8 assists in his last 9 games in the title and Champions League run in.
I'm talking about league matches. If you want to include all competitions then then TAA has 18 and Kimmich 34. TAA has been in great form, like I said this season he has been better but you don't judge the quality of players based on just one season.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I'm talking about league matches. If you want to include all competitions then then TAA has 18 and Kimmich 34. TAA has been in great form, like I said this season he has been better but you don't judge the quality of players based on just one season.
This seems like a bit of a stretch to suit the conclusion.

TAA is clearly a better player now at 20 than he was a year ago at 19. Kimmich is 24.

It's a bit odd to throw in longevity as the deciding argument in a comparison between a young player growing into the role and one is four years his senior.