Trent can’t defend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoo

So many examples. This is why Southgate doesn’t trust him. Yet the likes of Lineker, Neville and Carragher marvel at him as if he’s a player we’ve never seen before and has changed the game .

cyberman

Their 2 or 3 clear chances in the break came from his side as well

Mike Smalling

The commentators on TV called him world class both offensively and defensively. So clueless.

Idxomer

And he turns into a clown spamming crosses when they're under pressure.

Reece James is easily better.

djembatheking

Trent "I see things" Alexander "others don't" Arnold.
Doesn't see Vinícius.
Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. But unfortunately I didn`t see Vinicius.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Carlo knew he will get one opportunity and they just scored with that.

Jack-C20

I’m never one to make much of players taking their runners up medals off immediately but you absolutely knew he would if anyone :lol:

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Is this news to anyone? Everyone knows he can’t defend. He’s there for his offensive ability and I find him very offensive

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
But he can tweet.

Has he tweeted „still 2/4“ yet?

Blood Mage

He'll be moved into midfield eventually I think, not really a fullback.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Thought his defending was pretty fine especially late on.

Crossing and set pieces were mediocre throughout, did even one corner find a Liverpool head all night?

Rossa

Positionally all over the place defensively. Bailed out by a good and physical Konate several times. He lacks awareness, he’s a little slow on the first five yards and he’s not good one on one. Great right foot, but not tonight.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Was clearly instructed to stay high up the pitch; his interactions on the defensive end weren’t intended to be extensive. His biggest failing tonight is not using the ball well enough, not his defending, or lack there of.
I thought it obvious that flank would determine the tie one way or the other and stated Vinicius would conclude the game, but that Trent would have his say, and he had plenty of chances to affect the game, but wasn’t at the races with his delivery.

His role as a free man is clearly effective, however.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Been saying it all season, Reece James >

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
A long ball merchant who whips in cross after cross in the hope one lands and the media absolutely drool over him.

An absolutely abysmal defender WHSmith a fantastic deliver going forward.

jesperjaap

He is the epitome of the modern full back and what modern fans want. Excellent right foot, great cross, energy and passing.....but he is pretty average defensively, notbad by any means but has his weaknesses.

And this is why SOuthgate prefers Walker and James who for me is the best all round.

I personally want a defender first off who can defend, yet when we have a full back who is brilliant one on one, he is slated for the perceived weaknesses going forward.

No I am not comparing Bissake to that lot, I liek him, but it is mayb etime to go as he hasnt improved to becoem the player we hoped, especially positionally.....however depends on what offers are on the table as I woul dsitll (bar the youth players) sell all our othe rfull backs bar SHaw ahead of Bissaka

Status
Not open for further replies.