Trent can’t defend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remember the geese

For all the Beckham comparisons he doesn't even have 1/3 of the engine he had or off the ball ability to make threatening runs. He'll be ill suited to a more combative role like Valverde aside from when he's on the ball, he's not a grafter.
He does give me that impression too, to be honest. You would think Klopp could instil that type of drive in him. He really does seem a real luxury player.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Neville roasted his defensive capabilities on MNF. Never thought I'd live to see the day where English media criticize a Liverpool player :eek:

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Very telling how many goals conceded by Liverpool are on Trent's side of the pitch as well. For me he needs to be moved away from RB but that's just my view. I'm not convinced Klopp see's it that way. Probably thinks that if we go back to dominating games in midfield like we have in the past then we'll be fine.

The risk is completely outweighing the reward with Alexander-Arnold right now.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It’s because he was attacking right?

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
I typed into my WhatsApp chat that Martinelli will be vital today up against the ever-shit Trent.

30 seconds it took for Trent to not disappoint.

cyberman

The break was down Tsimikas side? He ended up trying to watch two of them as everyone moved across. Bizarre bump.
There was no break really. Saka walked it in from the right.
Every Fullback faces that situation many times over per game
Edit
https://dubz.co/v/jpnad7
Middle is covered there’s no need to be in so far when there’s literally two players running off him on the outside. It’s bad positioning

Last edited:

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Don't get me wrong as Southgate is an absolute coward but he probably made the right decision in regards to Trent.

TheGodsInRed

Don't get me wrong as Southgate is an absolute coward but he probably made the right decision in regards to Trent.
He would probably be okay in England's lineup to be fair as England are so do defensive anyway with 5 at the back.

He can't keep playing like this in Liverpool's system. He basically plays right wing, leaving huge gaps.

Shinjch

He's become a total embarrassment. Costs them big time every game.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
See this is just going way over the top. He wouldn’t have been a mainstay in a side that has obtained 90+ points in three of the previous four seasons if he was “shit”.
You’re clearly a good guy so I don’t point out t this post in malice, but surely you can accept he is now utterly shit?

He has hit Dele Ali levels of regression. He either needs moved to anotger position or dropped.

To keep him in the team Klopp would have to adapt his formation for one player. TAA would be superb in an old school 442 formation as a RM.

It seems almost every goal you lot concede, he plays a significant role.

TheReligion

Abusive
You’re clearly a good guy so I don’t point out t this post in malice, but surely you can accept he is now utterly shit?

He has hit Dele Ali levels of regression. He either needs moved to anotger position or dropped.

To keep him in the team Klopp would have to adapt his formation for one player. TAA would be superb in an old school 442 formation as a RM.

It seems almost every goal you lot concede, he plays a significant role.
I think he’s been massively overrated. The comparisons with Cafu etc.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
It is so funny how sensitive Liverpool fans get about Trent being shite :lol:

Long may they not see his limitations

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Needs moving into midfield, shocking awareness at the back

Status
Not open for further replies.