Trent can’t defend

Status
Not open for further replies.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Looking forward to seeing Saint-Maximin running at him soon.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
This is the problem with modern football I think. There’s a need to have fullbacks/wingbacks who are good attackers, and preferably who used to be forwards.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
His delivery and passing can be exceptional, but it is also incredibly high volume for my liking. He loses the ball so much, and some will create opportunities.

The balance isn't always favorable. I was happy that he tried to hero ball the entire match, else Liverpool might have had 80% possession.

lysglimt

Scout
TAA is a mediocre defender - but as long as Liverpool dominate possession as much as they do - he is not exposed. Once teams are good enough to put Liverpool under pressure, TAA struggles against good wingers

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Liverpool have been able to get away with Trent's lack of awareness these past few years due to the intense pressing they have been doing as a whole team.

Now that energy isn't there (impossible to keep it going season by season), he's getting exploited much more. As some posters have alluded to, were Salah/Henderson able to provide more support he could be fine, but they just don't give him that.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Disastrous training cone defending that.

RedDevil@84

Not sure why teams don't overload his side and target him more. He is so weak in defense.

Nero

Not to worry, he'll spray at 50-yard pass shortly and be the best right back in the world again.

cyberman

That’s worse from Trent. feck me he’s regressed levels below what he was

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
No interest in defending the 3rd goal. People will look at Gomez but this lad has no interest in supporting his teammate.

cyberman

No interest in defending the 3rd goal. People will look at Gomez but this lad has no interest in supporting his teammate.
He jogged the entire way back and got done as he lazily approached the attacker.
I hope it’s highlighted at half time.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I hate Liverpool but even I am appalled by his attitude to defending. He is a disgrace.

Telsim

I can't believe some were calling him the best RB in the world at one point. :lol: :lol: :lol:

RoyH1

Wouldn't he be better off transitioning to winger or midfielder. He's such a liability in defence

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
And to think Southgate had to entertain a sustained national campaign to get this flute into the Euros squad last year… :houllier:
Omg i completely forgot about that. The number of times the pundits on Sky and BT tried to convince the viewers how good he actually was :lol:

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
And to think Southgate had to entertain a sustained national campaign to get this flute into the Euros squad last year… :houllier:
I remember Lineker having a fecking meltdown on Twitter because Southgate didn't pick him. Calling him world-class, saying he's the best RB on the planet, etc. Basically making out that it was some kind of scandal.

arnie_ni

Didn't Gary neville leave him out of his squad on sky mnf and get pelters for it as well?

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
He's utterly shocking at defending but don't worry. He'll bang in a long shot against relegation fodder and his media cheerleaders will be clapping for 'Trent' like seals.

EngimaMK

He jogged the entire way back and got done as he lazily approached the attacker.
I hope it’s highlighted at half time.
No chance. They all love "Trent". Best buds with "Trent". Snazzy name and everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.